Notices

Good cams to go with Vortech S/C?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good cams to go with Vortech S/C?

I've been thinking about going S/C but I'm trying to think on how to build the motor up for it. I was wondering if turbo cams would be a good option of what kind of results people with different cam combinations had with the Vortech. I was thinking about going with Skunk2 Stage IIs at first and then saw the turbo cams and that made me start thinking. Thanks for any info!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Good cams to go with Vortech S/C? (Dj Lotte)

i know all motor cams will work good wid a vortech for sure, but iom not sure if turbo ones would work better.
dont let ne1 tell you that the all motor ones will "blow the charge str8 though" thats a buncha bs
read maximum boost by corky bell, some info on it there.
s/c vs. turbo is diferent in the way that the exhaust is very high pressure, so id doubt ude use the turbos exh cam,
that is an educated guess sir
another theory i have is, ne thing like that that will go along wid reving it high sounds cool to me. so cams plus intake manifold, rev a lil higher.
high revving supposed to be good wid vortechs i think, but don quote me on that.
-Toby
Old 02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good cams to go with Vortech S/C? (trentepic)

this guy has no idea what he's talking about
all motor cams on a turbo car is NOT a bunch of bs.

skunk2 cams..even stage 1's have too much overlap....where the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time.....that's great for N/A but when you are boosted the air/fuel mixture will just go out the exhaust valve before it's burned.

I'm going turbo and I'm using CTR cams......they don't have much overlap but they have a lot of lift and duration....they'd be good for a S/C setup too i'd imagine.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Good cams to go with Vortech S/C? (_gurusan_)

Thanks for all the info...I see where overlap comes into play since it doesn't really require the overlap to create a vaccuum effect since air is being forced in makes a lot of sense. I'll do a lot more research before commiting to either. Both have good points.

I don't see how a supercharger has less exhaust pressure...more air in means more air out right? Makes sense to me at least. I can see where the overlap could be a problem, but I'll have to read to Corky Bell book. Good thing I live in Dallas...I'll prolly go to Jotech sometime this week and talk thing over with the guys up there and some fellas from Bobby Archer's.

Thanks for all the info...feel free to add more if you think of it.