Notices

Full-race issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-race issue?

On the full-race website it says email or call them for intercooler pipes. So I emailed them and they emailed me back saying that there intercooler pipes only work with there intercoolers and intake manifolds.

It doesnt make sense. I gave them all of my specs and everything. Why cant they make custom pipes?.

Anyone had this issue before?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Because they want you to buy there IM and exhaust mani. They also are not going to spend a bunch of time on something small like a custom intercooler piping order when they are swamped with other things to do.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Full-race issue? (almostboostedgsr)

FR isn't going to build piping blindly... they could build you something that would be close to your setup, but it isn't going to fit perfectly unless it is built on the car or to their specs. Also they dont want to build parts that dont fit perfectly since they're known for fitment and quality....the last thing they need is a thread about how their intercooler piping fitment sucks. Plus i'm sure they have plenty of other projects to devote time to... PM Project DC2, he builds good stuff
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SOHCD16y8)

when i got mine, some careful cutting on the ends made it work.

it isnt that bad. youll be ok.
once i put in my maz kill switch, it is no good anymore.....

what is your setup?

mine was 22 11 3 backdoor, b16 with an edelbrock mani. want to buy mine?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

my setup is a 28x9x3 spoolin performance type 1 intercooler, stock gsr intake mani,
Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostboostedgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On the full-race website it says email or call them for intercooler pipes. So I emailed them and they emailed me back saying that there intercooler pipes only work with there intercoolers and intake manifolds.

It doesnt make sense. I gave them all of my specs and everything. Why cant they make custom pipes?.

Anyone had this issue before? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah I cant believe you were emailed back with that answer. I sell the kits everyday all day. When I take an order I always have to ask what chassis and what motor and what intake manifold.

You don't have to use their intake manifold because it is not being made any longer until they redeseign it or get another company to cast them so that is false. Now the piping TRUE works with their intercoolers due to length and where the inlet and outlet is positioned.

You can get an AC compatible piping kit(I say AC cuz if not you get a backdoor intercooler piping) BUT since the piping is made for use with their TURBO MANIFOLD and IC you may have to cut here or there and make modifications sir.

They will make you custom piping if you take your car there Also this is the same with ANY COMPANY, you wouldnt call DRAG or REV HARD or InlinePro and say I got a XXXX Brand Turbo Mani and a 36 x 12 x 3.5" IC make me piping. These companies have piping to work directly with their products, if you dont have their stuff then know you will have to modify it

Good luck
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
New User

Default Re: (almostboostedgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostboostedgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my setup is a 28x9x3 spoolin performance type 1 intercooler, stock gsr intake mani, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Read my above post BUT I am sure they stated the piping works with their Exhaust manifolds, they can make piping if you have an AEBS, stock im, Skunk2, Edelbrock, ITR etc etc etc
Old 07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-race issue? (Boostfed.com)

Inline pro does make an intercooler piping it. Its not designed for their intercooler or manifold. They have a kit for $450 that is compatible with an intercooler core up to 24inchs.

Here is the email I got from Full-race.

Thank you for your interest in Full Race products. Our charge pipe kits are designed only to work with our manifolds and intercoolers. If you have the manifold and Intercooler then I will need to know which ones you are using before I can price the chargepipes. I hope this information helps you and if I can be of any more assistance please do not hesitate to call. 866-FULL-RACE.

Thanks,

Lloyd John son

Sales Team Manager

Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostboostedgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Inline pro does make an intercooler piping it. Its not designed for their intercooler or manifold. They have a kit for $450 that is compatible with an intercooler core up to 24inchs.

Here is the email I got from Full-race.

Thank you for your interest in Full Race products. Our charge pipe kits are designed only to work with our manifolds and intercoolers. If you have the manifold and Intercooler then I will need to know which ones you are using before I can price the chargepipes. I hope this information helps you and if I can be of any more assistance please do not hesitate to call. 866-FULL-RACE.

Thanks,

Lloyd John son

Sales Team Manager

</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK I am trying to help here, couple of things you are getting misconstrued. Lloyd stated manifolds NOT intake manifolds. You can use their piping BUT again you may have to modify. I am a dealer for Full Race I have sold quite a few kits, manis and also some of their IC piping kits too.

Another thing, you actually believe that because the InlinePro piping kit states works with up to a 24" core that it is gonna just match up and bolt on with no modification also? I am an InlinePro dealer as well and have sold these intercooler pipings kits. It is gonna work with a Precision IC and one of their manifolds, if you have something else then you will need to modify or cut it up. These intercooler pipe kits aren't really a one size fits all , InlinePro doesn't make these custom becasue you have a Sparco IC and a Spoolin Manifold or whatever you have.

I am trying tohelp you BUT noone has an intercooler piping kit for your custom set up that is just gonna "FIT PERFECTLY" out the box sir.

Good luck either way, f you need more help you can contact me via PM on here , AIM is Boostfed12 , email terry@boostfed.com or call me (757)343-1123 I am more than happy to help you out sir

Edit:OK I called InlinePro just to confirm what I told you was correct, that piping kit is made for their TURBO MANIFOLD and Precision Intercooler sir. If you have a tubular manifold by someone else and a different IC that can't guarantee fitment and will need to be modified. Also they do not make custom IC piping unless you take your car to them to get it done sir.

Again same goes for Full Race, I know this for FACT
Old 07-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-race issue? (Boostfed.com)

I have an inline pro t3 4 bolt cast iron exhaust manifold.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostboostedgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have an inline pro t3 4 bolt cast iron exhaust manifold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you should be good on Hot side piping BUT at the IC unless the inlet and outlets are positioned same as your Sparco ic . You may just need to cut ot shorter, they may just line up