Notices

Fuel supply issues: obd1 eg probs and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel supply issues: obd1 eg probs and suggestions

Here's what's up, since searching found no relative ****, here goes a very detailed description of what's ******* up.

Here's the setup:
92 eg d15b7 turbo at 5p.s.i., stock fuel pump, dm 450cc injectors, all of which were tested before installation 8k miles ago and were fine. and t3 with log mani and 3"exh. and ubertuning by my boy who knows what he's doing. HE ROCKS, if you need some pro tuning.

Here's the problem:
About 1.5 months ago, I was driving down the highway cruising, I typically don't beat on the car, just the occasional on-ramp 1st-3rd gear flooring. So i was crusing at about 85 when the CEL went on. I pulled over and pulled the code which was code 41, some **** for o2 sensor(which mine is fine)/fuel supply. I haven't had any probs like that before, and it wasn't bogging or limping, so I just turned the key and the code went away. I let the car sit for about 1.5 weeks and rode my bike, because I was having an oil leakage problem. anyways, I went to start her up, but she only cranked and would not start. My spark plugs were new ngk's gapped at.025 and the wires new as well. there was also plenty fuel in the tank, 93 0ctane as usual. I trie cranking it for about a minute, but didn't want to kill the battery. A pal of mine suggested removing the air filter and pressing the gas slightly to see if that made a difference. Nope, but the 2nd time, it really barely started, and black smoke puffed, but didn't run on its own. I didn't want to flood the engine(if you can even do that with fuel injection), so I stopped. I went and took a ****, and 5 minutes later I came back, took off the charge pipe at the TB, and he sprayed some of that starter **** in while I cranked and pressed the gas. After a few seconds and some full throttle only did it start, but BAREly, and I had to press the gas for a bit to keep it from stalling again.

FF to a few days ago... I'm driving and I get the CEL. I pull the code, and it's code 43, similar problem.

I'd very much like some suggestions or input from guys who experienced this ****. Is it likely to be the fuel pump not being able to supply the amount the engine needs?
Thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel supply issues: obd1 eg probs and suggestions (redsikiller)

bump for some help
Old 04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel supply issues: obd1 eg probs and suggestions (redsikiller)

i throw code 43 every now and then too. it always goes away if i turn the car off and back on. when it comes on the cars doesnt drive differently at all. no limp mode or anything. i dont really know if i should worry about it or not. bump for some more help.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel supply issues: obd1 eg probs and suggestions (dpetro1)

hell yeah, ttt