Notices

frustrated Turbo gsr owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frustrated Turbo gsr owner

i have posted twice before on this website and gotten various responses and sugestions. i have tried everything that was suggested and i still have the same problem that i started out with. one more time i am going to give description of my setup and hope that someone can help. i have a 94 B18C1 that i have installed a T3 turbo on. when i began i was told that i could run 6 psi without any fuel system upgrades except a FMU and a missing link. i purchased both of these and when the car hits boost it throws a check engine code for the map sensor and then cuts off at various rpms. I have since purchased and installed a hack and 310 RC injectors. i left the missing link in place and tried turning the fuel up on the vafc. no change it still throws a code for the map sensor. the next question is ; is the map sensor bad? no. if i disconect the the turbo piping it runns just fine. has anyone ever experienced this problem before? does anyone have suggestion outside of what i have already done. I am running out of options and i don't want to spend 1000 dollars on a stand alone and i am have trouble finding a piggyback ecu. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: frustrated Turbo gsr owner (wshondaman)

did you try a new map sensor? Just b/c you disconnect the ic pipe means you are not getting any boost. Maybe your map sensor is messed up when it gets in boost.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wshondaman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have posted twice before on this website and gotten various responses and sugestions. i have tried everything that was suggested and i still have the same problem that i started out with. one more time i am going to give description of my setup and hope that someone can help. i have a 94 B18C1 that i have installed a T3 turbo on. when i began i was told that i could run 6 psi without any fuel system upgrades except a FMU and a missing link. i purchased both of these and when the car hits boost it throws a check engine code for the map sensor and then cuts off at various rpms. I have since purchased and installed a hack and 310 RC injectors. i left the missing link in place and tried turning the fuel up on the vafc. no change it still throws a code for the map sensor. the next question is ; is the map sensor bad? no. if i disconect the the turbo piping it runns just fine. has anyone ever experienced this problem before? does anyone have suggestion outside of what i have already done. I am running out of options and i don't want to spend 1000 dollars on a stand alone and i am have trouble finding a piggyback ecu. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated</TD></TR></TABLE>

So dont.

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/
Old 12-19-2004, 03:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wshondaman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have since purchased and installed a hack and 310 RC injectors. i left the missing link in place and tried turning the fuel up on the vafc. no change it still throws a code for the map sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, read those three sentences over and compare with posts about the afc hack and I think you will be able to solve your own problem. Let me know if you need hints.

And also, if you do decide to go with a standalone, find someone in you're area that's willing to help you. Learning curves are always high when it comes to these things so don't stress, this is supposed to be a fun experience.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AFC hack works best and healthily with 450cc injectors, do yourself a favor and get uberdata. A basemap will run 6 psi absolutely fine.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: (D15B7turbo)

i have asked a lot of questions about uberdata from my friends and the only thing that i know is that it is like hondatat and that it is suppossed to be a fairly new product. i am confused as to weather this is a standalone system or is it a reflash and where do i go to get info or just to buy the product, thank you for the info
Old 12-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wshondaman)

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/faq/index.html#1

Will answer all your uberdata questions.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: (EVIL Hx Coupe)

Those missing links go bad alot,check if the check valve is still working in the ML.

and from my understanding the afc's work to pull fuel out,on hondas if you have to add too much fuel it almost always throws a check engine.

wish you were in N.J. i could hook you up with hondata S200,3bar,set of ngks,installed and tuned on the dyno for only $850