Notices

FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP!

My setup is a 1992 Civic SI with a 93 JDM H22a. I pieced together a custom turbo kit with the heart of the system being a Garrett .63A/R 57 Trim T04E with custom manifold, Downpipe, 2.5" charge piping, Type S blow off valve, Tial 38mm wastegate, Missing Link, Drag inline fuel pump, 205LPH walbro, 3" core intercooler 26" long 8" high, vortech FMU, stock injectors, stock ecu.

My car was running 42psi with the vaccum line attached to the regulator when it was the stock h22a. Now after installing the turbo kit, i cranked the car and it idles like stock, but the static fuel pressure is now around 60psi with the vaccum line attached. The only thing i changed was putting in the inline fuel pump and installing the FMU. The inlit on the fuel pump is connected to the fuel filter side and the outlet, which is the L brass fitting, is connected to the fuel rail side. The fuel pump is running when the key is to the ON position and when the car is running. My problem is the fuel pressure is high and when i get on it and vaccum goes from 20 to 0 right before boost, the fuel pressure drops to maybe 56-57. Then as boost increases, the Fuel pressure just stays the same. Does not increase at all around 1 to 1.5psi. So luckily im running high fuel pressure to begin with on the 1psi or so that i dont detinate. FMU is setup so that the stock return connects to the middle brass fitting, then a new line is run from the side fitting on the FMU back to the FPR. What could be the problem?

Bad FMU?
Bad vacuum source to the FMU?

please help.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Re: FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP! (ITRpwrdEG)

It's possible to have a bad fmu. I did on my first setup. I had a vortech 12:1 fmu and it wouldn't raise my fuel pressure at all. Try and swap that out with a different one first before you do anything huge...better yet, just go get uberdata! haha
Old 06-18-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Re: FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP! (ludelvr)

i wouldnt run the stock injectors if i were you....
Old 06-18-2004, 09:29 AM

Default Re: FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP! (hatchback_al)

if your going to save money atleast get dsm's and run uberdata...sell the fmu...get 450's and uberdata....your make money doing that.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:11 AM

Default Re: FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP! (ITRpwrdEG)

OK, so I get my new FMU to replace the one that originally made my car run 60psi at idle and that wouldn't increase fuel +12psi every pound of boost. Well, same ****, only now I have 55psi static fuel pressure, and it only increases fuel to 80psi on any amount of boost.

Keep in mind that both brand new FMU's are ones that you can buy separately that normally come in the drag kits. So they don't say Vortech on them and they might just be knockoffs which i'm sure drag has always been using. One thing I notice with the non-Vortech FMU's is that the ports on the exit and enter for the fuel lines is they are a little smaller than the vortechs. Is my fmu just a bad one to have on my car? what are the chances of two bad ones? If I would have known this, I would have just gone Vortech right away.

Don't hate and tell me to just get uberdata. In about 1/2 a year I will. Or some kind of standalone. Also keep in mind that I have a 205 Walbro intank and an inline fuel pump that is wired up correctly.

Please HELP!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:28 AM

bump.

someone please help. The funny thing is, my car doesn't detonate or ping at 80psi on 7lbs of boost. I wanted to see if maybe i had to put full load on the motor to see full 120psi or so at 7psi, but that didnt work. still around 80psi of fuel for any kind of boost. It increases, then doesnt increase any more.

could my lines from the fuel filter to the pump and from the pump to the fuel rail be too long. probably 16" before and after the pump.

Or could my fuel gauge be messed. its a defi one. always ran good. never touched anything with it.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FMU Not Increasing Fuel! installed correctly too. NEED HELP! (civicflnum1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicflnum1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your going to save money atleast get dsm's and run uberdata...sell the fmu...get 450's and uberdata....your make money doing that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

FMU = ****