Notices

Drag Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Turbo Kit

Anyone have any input or good/bad things to say about Drag's Turbo Kits? Im just wondering because http://www.importparts.com has Integra LS kits on sale for $2799
Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (DC2Teg)

the manifold
Old 09-09-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (redturbocivic)

First of all.

Get DRAG out of your head = junk. If you really think about it.

Revhard, now that's a better solution for a little cheaper, 2650 shipped on http://www.groupbuycenter.com, but that's still not my suggestion.

Here is the KIT you need! Call Ken. He is a good guy. His kits make 20whp per pound of boost. That is very impressive. Drag kits maybe make 16whp per pound of boost if you are lucky.

Not a lot of people know about this turbo kit, but for the money, i think one of the best kits hands down is from http://www.cheapturbos.com

It retails for $3099.
Here is a list of the better parts that you get with that kit over drag, revhard. It's hard to even piece a kit together for the price of the cheapturbos kit.

1. Tial 38mm wastegate
2. Tial BOV
3. PWR intercooler
4. Slimline radiator fan
5. Garrett turbo instead of Turbonetics (better IMO)
6. 3" SS downpipe
7. Custom 8Gauge Tubular tig welded manifold
8. Stainless steel oil feed AND RETURN LINE
9. Strong SS T-Bolt clamps
PLUS you get a lifetime warranty on the manifold against cracks and defects.

The only thing you need to make the kit complete is an intank fuel pump, filter, and missing link if you plan on running low boost with an FMU that is provided in the kit.

So for an extra $400 you get all of these better parts. All of these upgrades on a drag turbo kit would make the kit cost around $3600 easily.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (ITRpwrdEG)

3100 bucks for a kit with no injectors and an FMU, and non AC compatible? No thanks. You can piece together a kit with a blox mani, a T3/TO4E 57 trim, 3" AC COMPATIBLE downpipe, PTE intercooler, tial 38MM + BOV, injectors, fuel pump, hondata, Kteller charge piping and catback, for about 3400, 3500 bucks. That will make a **** load of power, run way better than that cheapturbo kit with an FMU and stock injectors, and you can still keep A/C.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (Chip)

Old 09-09-2004, 02:58 PM

ya the drag mani and deltagate wg are not a good combination. those 2 plus the fmu are things your going to want to upgrade anywyas so why not just buy them not and save money by not purchasing dem *****.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a drag III kit with the "optional" tial wastegate, 57 trim turbo, and no FMU and i made 326hp on a B16..............i drive it everyday.......you should see my racecar.

i like the drag, cause it fits and it works, and when i bought it, there were only a few kits out there, now there are more.

i would say the amnifold is the downfall, but it has been good to me
Old 09-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

drag = junk? RRRIIIIGGGHHHTTTT thats why a guy runs 11's stock block with this kit?

Proof: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=937829

I am done talking now
Old 09-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

i liked my drag kit, but if you are looking for big power like 450+whp then go with full-race or some thing like that, and pluse to make good reliable power you want to use a standalone ( hondata) or something along thoese lines, its all in what you want the end result to be. i made the #s in my sig with drag turbo, piping , and intercooler,
Old 09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nsxmatt did it with an fmu and stock injectors
Old 09-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nsxmatt did it with an fmu and stock injectors </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you!

The DRAG kit in not JUNK. Everyone is quick to jump on the hate bandwagon but don't think that most people are just looking for a complete basic kit that they can upgrade in the future. I run the basic kit, no upgrades. The so called "junk" manifold with the Deltagate, smaller t3/t4, fmu, inline pump, and stock injectors, on a bone stock motor. I have no spike or creep issues and the car has run at about 15k miles boosted for the past year and still will turn 11's when I bolt on the slicks. Once your budget allows and you learn more about boosted cars you can go Hondata and go from there but for someone looking to start out with a kit and make good power you can't go wrong with a kit with all the parts you need to get started.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you!

The DRAG kit in not JUNK. Everyone is quick to jump on the hate bandwagon but don't think that most people are just looking for a complete basic kit that they can upgrade in the future. I run the basic kit, no upgrades. The so called "junk" manifold with the Deltagate, smaller t3/t4, fmu, inline pump, and stock injectors, on a bone stock motor. I have no spike or creep issues and the car has run at about 15k miles boosted for the past year and still will turn 11's when I bolt on the slicks. Once your budget allows and you learn more about boosted cars you can go Hondata and go from there but for someone looking to start out with a kit and make good power you can't go wrong with a kit with all the parts you need to get started.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-09-2004, 08:45 PM

yup drag has been good to me also, its been on my car for 2 years. I also dynoed at 259.9whp and 191tq at 7psi and ran the 1320 in 13.3 at 107.8mph with full interior, exhaust and street tires. Also have a friend here with the drag kit running 11.7s with 18psi ,race gas and slicks + super high fuel pressure and 440s.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Drag haters!

my Drag kit has also been good to me!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (ITRpwrdEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITRpwrdEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all.

Get DRAG out of your head = junk. If you really think about it.

Revhard, now that's a better solution for a little cheaper, 2650 shipped on http://www.groupbuycenter.com, but that's still not my suggestion.

Here is the KIT you need! Call Ken. He is a good guy. His kits make 20whp per pound of boost. That is very impressive. Drag kits maybe make 16whp per pound of boost if you are lucky.

Not a lot of people know about this turbo kit, but for the money, i think one of the best kits hands down is from http://www.cheapturbos.com

It retails for $3099.
Here is a list of the better parts that you get with that kit over drag, revhard. It's hard to even piece a kit together for the price of the cheapturbos kit.

1. Tial 38mm wastegate
2. Tial BOV
3. PWR intercooler
4. Slimline radiator fan
5. Garrett turbo instead of Turbonetics (better IMO)
6. 3" SS downpipe
7. Custom 8Gauge Tubular tig welded manifold
8. Stainless steel oil feed AND RETURN LINE
9. Strong SS T-Bolt clamps
PLUS you get a lifetime warranty on the manifold against cracks and defects.

The only thing you need to make the kit complete is an intank fuel pump, filter, and missing link if you plan on running low boost with an FMU that is provided in the kit.

So for an extra $400 you get all of these better parts. All of these upgrades on a drag turbo kit would make the kit cost around $3600 easily. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if from reading the prior post you havent decided that drag is a good decision then how about:
drag 3 kit
tial waste gate
missing link
greddy type s bov
hondata s200 with boost option
greddy full auto turbo timer
plus shipping to hawaii for a meek...$3300.00 from ricky@wired speed lab. do a search for wiredricky or go the sponsor section and look for him there. or just check out the site http://www.wiredspeed.com. the drag kit itself was 2650.00 and that was a hybrid kit (intercooler and piping for my 94 civic and the turbo, manifold, downpipe for my B18C spec R.
my buddy has a drag kit on his prelude and it runs 13.90's all day with just a vafc and the kit. the kit includes turbo, manifold, down pipe, dump tube, one way valves for the map sensor, vortec 12:1 fmu, walboro 255lpf in line fuel pump, hoses, t fittings, clamps and couplers hardware, intercooler, pluming, bov, wastegate. thats everything you need with the exception of the more advance options like boost controllers, full fuel management injectors..etc.
basicaly call ricky at wired speed order the kit, get boosted and if your not happy with your numbers upgrade down the road.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (Syner-G-Racing)

I know this thread has long since been dead, but I found it a good read considering Ive been looking at the drag kit for my 91 integra.

How simple and cost effective would it be to buy the kit minus the manifold and the wastegate? If I went with a manifold that had the wastegate centered, would the manafold usually bolt right up to the turbo that comes with the kit? Im highly considering doing the installation myself, but if I do it, I want to make sure I replace the parts that suck with what I think would make it better. From what I read, the manifold and blowoff valve seem to be the biggest culprits.

As for tuning, Its perfectly ok to ride around on this kit bolt on with no tuning until I got engine management right? Id like to get the computer Zdyned(if anyone still does it) As for boost control, would it be ok to rely on the wastegate until something better could be purchased?

Ive also been reading up on fuel management and larger injectors are only needed if you plan on upping the stock PSI?

I appreciate this site and all the info it has to offer. I know you guys will lead me in the right direction.

Thanks!

MantisX
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 PM

If you decide to get a drag kit buy the kit from B16aef9 in the turbo sponsor forums 2600 that comes with tial wastegate and walbro 255. I got the kit from him a while back and i like it i dynoed 100 whp gain over stock at 7psi for less than 3 grand and that includes fuel management. When i get some more money i will make a few changes and hoping to get 280whp minimum at 10 psi stock block. Here is a pic of the drag kit on my 2000 civic si.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit (Treblarefils)

I'm a fan of DRAG kits. The only downfall is the FMU set-up.

As far as rev-hard goes, those are ****. I've seen manifold after manifold break as well as their half assed downpipes. Custom is always the best way to go... but for the price you really can't beat a drag kit.