Notices

Drag Turbo Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Turbo Kit ?

Anyone ever use the Drag Turbo kits, and if so did you have any problems with it. Cause I was checking out the Full-Race Kit, but it doesnt come with a complete set-up, so i started researching Drag Kits
Old 02-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (egeeb16)

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch?id=19892523
Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as a starter kit it is good, but you will outgrow it. it took me 4 years to but i did. and as far as the full race kit being complete, it is, engine management is up to you. the drag kits shortcomings are the manifold, the d.p., the intercooler and the fmu.

good power can be made from the drag kit. but with all the kits and companies making manifolds out there, spend the money on some good engine management and peice together a kit.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (boostedcivicsir)

I bought a drag kit about 9 months ago, Its a good kit to learn all about turbos kits and stuff, but I outgrew it already. Save your money in the long run and piece together a kit.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (SlowB16si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowB16si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a drag kit about 9 months ago, Its a good kit to learn all about turbos kits and stuff, but I outgrew it already. Save your money in the long run and piece together a kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Putting together a kit using new parts will cost no more, you will have ten times the kit vs a Drag and you will learn more along the way.Drag kits are old outdated crap.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egeeb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone ever use the Drag Turbo kits, and if so did you have any problems with it. Cause I was checking out the Full-Race Kit, but it doesnt come with a complete set-up, so i started researching Drag Kits </TD></TR></TABLE>

If your considering Full-Race and its in the budget by all means you cant go wrong with it. Sick kit, plenty of power potential. From what your stating though, seems like your a first time boosted and this is your daily driver.

You might want to just go for Drag/Greddy. Greddy is a little expensive, but very good quality.

A Drag kit with fuel management can be found here if your interested. Plenty of options too.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1529238
Old 02-25-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (af-performance)

I'm using a drag kit. upgraded to a stanalone fuel management. I've never had any problems with it. I use it because I like my a/c.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a Drag kit with great results even with the stock FMU and inline pump. It does come with everything you need and you can upgrade to better parts down the road if you decide boost is for you.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

what about the manifold issues or boost creep thing I have heard about has the gen 3 kit eliminated it. I would love to buy one of these kits but it looks as if you buy it you replace everything.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as a starter kit it is good, but you will outgrow it. it took me 4 years to but i did. and as far as the full race kit being complete, it is, engine management is up to you. the drag kits shortcomings are the manifold, the d.p., the intercooler and the fmu.

good power can be made from the drag kit. but with all the kits and companies making manifolds out there, spend the money on some good engine management and peice together a kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-25-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (boostedcivicsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the drag kits shortcomings are the manifold, the d.p., the intercooler and the fmu.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Whats wrong with the Drag DP? How bad is boost creep with the drag mani. I just bought one and was planning on using an Ecutout right before the cat.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Turbo Kit ? (jononioo)

what motor do you have?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hinds90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hinds90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about the manifold issues or boost creep thing I have heard about has the gen 3 kit eliminated it. I would love to buy one of these kits but it looks as if you buy it you replace everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Intercooler is fine, fits under the radiator support with the brackets it bolts on, no need to cut the bumper, supports 400whp. Piping is great, BOV is a good quality Blitz, silicone couplers, all the fittings, downpipe is a little small but still a good size and fits a/c cars, manifold is good but wastegate placement could be better, turbo is good to 400whp just make sure your oil drain is down or it blows the seals .

Like I said I had great luck with the bone stock kit with FMU on a bone stock motor.

11.80's at 115mph

Old 02-25-2006, 06:58 PM

I have had my drag kit for 1 year now car is not daily driven by any means though...It is a very good starter setup...can make really good power provided you have the proper supporting mods. Kit was originally bought because i wanted to keep my AC But while installing my kit i just got rid of it..here is my car dynoed 240whp. 7psi Stock b16
rc550s
drag kit
Tial Wastegate
chipped p28
BLOX intake manifold
aeromotive FPR

Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for more input.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a 4th gen Drag kit for my 99 accord, i loved it. for the money and being a total and cheap kit, you can't go wrong. direct bolt on too.....sheeezzz. stock F23 engine and kit i was running right next to SRT-4's, giving damn good chase to stock MACH1's, and beating up them GT's stangs all over the place.

i almost a year later i went to a full standalone engine management, AEM EMS w/ wideband. i mustered 209whp/221wtq @8psi, not the best but i wasn't expecting it to be either, my exhaust sucked big ***** and i was tuning. i eventually got better and started to run more boost. @10psi i was beating them MACH1's @14psi i was side-by-side w/ stock SS camarros on the highway. i eventually managed to run 17psi safely on the stock F23 engine and make it last.

any how.....i'm with everyone else, Drag is a great starter kit, it gets you into the turbo world.

check out my boosted F23 video
http://www.customtints.com/Hon...i.wmv

i never had any issues with the kit, no boost spikes or boost creep. it held psi solid with a mbc i had.

Modified by b_ron007 at 5:12 PM 2/26/2006
Old 02-26-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Re: (b_ron007)

is that a digital boost gauge?....at first im like i hope thats not a wideband lol.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:32 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (Treblarefils)

for the price of a drag kit you could piece together kit composed of better parts.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: (AzntaggeR)

Thats why we are saying its a good kit to learn with.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is my setup

and my most recent tune....damn greddy boost controller...we maxed out the boost controller....low boost is 9.5psi and high boost is 16psi on shitty 91octane pump gas.....thx to joe@locash for the tuning...car feels great and a blast to drive...

it's a great starter kit...i would recommend it

Modified by lucidvtec at 4:36 PM 2/26/2006
Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: (lucidvtec)

nice
Old 02-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the price of a drag kit you could piece together kit composed of better parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For someone getting into boost, going through the hassle of buying each little part from someplace else and trying to make sure it all is compatible and will work correctly is a pain. I pieced my current setup together and took me 3 months, tons of phone calls and searching, and ended up costing more and had to fab some of the pieces to work.

With a drag kit you call one of the vendors, wait a week, and start the install knowing it will all fit and you have all the parts. They sell kits for a reason.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking of going GReddy, but this kit looks to be the one for me.

Problem is, which is honestly better... GReddy blue box or the inline fuel pump+FMU setup with the DRAG kit? In my research, I have found that the FMU is the least reliable 'fuel managment' (so to speak) than anything else. Atleast with the GReddy, its so rich your almost guarenteed no blown engine. Or have I read wrong?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: (Integra_RS)

Chipped ECU and tuning is the only way..
Old 03-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Dont get a DRAG DP, worst pos ever. Ive had to reweld mine 2 times now. and once you take the turbo off and put a different one on, good luck fitting a bolt in that 5th hole. I'm sure you guys know what im talking about right? the welds on the DP are soooo close to the 5th hole for the bolt to go in.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: (lucidvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lucidvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here is my setup

and my most recent tune....damn greddy boost controller...we maxed out the boost controller....low boost is 9.5psi and high boost is 16psi on shitty 91octane pump gas.....thx to joe@locash for the tuning...car feels great and a blast to drive...

it's a great starter kit...i would recommend it

Modified by lucidvtec at 4:36 PM 2/26/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

what is that gold around your a/c line? does that keep it cooler?

Quick Reply: Drag Turbo Kit ?