Drag Manifold, EG chassis, Tial 38mm... Hitting hood Anyone use a Turbo Smart Ultragate??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: New York in the summer, South Carolina in the winter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Manifold, EG chassis, Tial 38mm... Hitting hood Anyone use a Turbo Smart Ultragate??

Alright, my WG is hitting the hood, and its to the point where i cant add the top nipple if i were to want to run a MBC

I was looking, and saw the ultragate, with its 2 vac ports on the side

I was thinking this would fit better- any experience on fitment?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Manifold, EG chassis, Tial 38mm... Hitting hood Anyone use a Turbo Smart Ultragate?? (nytos

why would you use the top nipple running a MBC?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag Manifold, EG chassis, Tial 38mm... Hitting hood Anyone use a Turbo Smart Ultragate?? (nytos

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would you use the top nipple running a MBC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't your site under technical and install directions list for that port Manual air regulator or electric air control valve?

Some manual boost controllers like the older turbonectics(i think it was because it was designed for their delta gate) use both ports and have a crazy hookup to make it work right (it hooks up exactly as shown in your install directions only without the vent t")Most of the newer stuff like hallmans only use the side port.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Turbonet...02/-1

Notice how it says for external wastegates and factory actuators with dual ports only?

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/f...405.0
Pictures of what im talking about.

Modified by cbustuner at 10:44 PM 8/6/2008
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: New York in the summer, South Carolina in the winter

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would you use the top nipple running a MBC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

care to elaborate???

EDIT-
Did a little searching, and im assuming this should work, with leaving the top port of the wastegate open? What im looking for is a dual stage boost setting where i can switch easily on the go-

Modified by nytosc at 3:19 PM 8/6/2008