Notices

Compressor Housing vacuum help??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compressor Housing vacuum help??

I'd like to run a line from the compressor housing to the wastegate. My turbo has the hole on the compressor(not threaded) but it didn't come with the L piece.

Anyone know where I can purchase the L piece? btw the turbo is a garrett T3 .60/.48

I've searched on here but I could only find info on plugging the hole. Thanks for any help
Old 06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compressor Housing vacuum help?? (96ex)

you should be able to get a fitting at home depot or any h/w store, should be an 1/8" NPT fitting.

but you're saying the hole on the turbo's not threaded?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compressor Housing vacuum help?? (96ex)

If you run the wastegate off the port on the compressor, you will see less boost on your boost gauge than the spring in the wastegate is rated at. There is pressure loss across the intercooler, and the intercooler "cools" the air, increasing its density by reducing volume, and hence reducing pressure.

If you want to run the spring rating, hook the wastegate up to a pressure source at the intake manifold. Then plug the hole on the compressor with an 1/8 NPT plug (you can get a 1/8 NPT tap at sears, osh, napa, etc).
Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compressor Housing vacuum help?? (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you run the wastegate off the port on the compressor, you will see less boost on your boost gauge than the spring in the wastegate is rated at. There is pressure loss across the intercooler, and the intercooler "cools" the air, increasing its density by reducing volume, and hence reducing pressure.

If you want to run the spring rating, hook the wastegate up to a pressure source at the intake manifold. Then plug the hole on the compressor with an 1/8 NPT plug (you can get a 1/8 NPT tap at sears, osh, napa, etc).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, Something I need to do. Some reason my gauge is a little off at the compressor.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compressor Housing vacuum help?? (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then plug the hole on the compressor with an 1/8 NPT plug (you can get a 1/8 NPT tap at sears, osh, napa, etc).</TD></TR></TABLE>
is this really necessary? when I had my wg source on the IM, I never plugged the hole (had a fitting still in it, but open.)

I run the source from my compressor again now anyhow & use my MBC to up the pressure to where I want it.