Notices

check engine light comes on when in boost for period of time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light comes on when in boost for period of time.

I have a d16z6, with a t25, hfmani/adapter, nismo adjustable fmu, walbro 255 intank pump, missing link from ebay. When i am on the freeway and i step on the pedal and keep it in boost through a gear or two the check engine light comes on. Also when i first turn the car on the fuel pump energizes and the check engine light comes on then it turns off. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? i didnt reset my ecu when i put in the missing link, could this be why. also if i reset my ecu will my timing go back to stock? i retared it for nitrous (75shot) and i think this is good enough for 8lbs of boost, (2 - 4 degrees). someone lend a hand, thanks.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:11 PM

missing link is broken? it works at low boost, but acts up when high boost kicks in
Old 03-13-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: (bluep3)

it doesnt come on when i just do an occasional throttle punch, just when i mash on it for a long while, also i connected the little cel checker plug with a wire, and the check engine light doesnt come on anymore when i start the car up, is that unusual? the missing link is brand new btw. any more info appreciated
Old 03-13-2004, 02:15 PM

i dunno, but this is how it was on my car. when i went into boost, it automatically put me in limp mode. after shutting off my car, light goes away, but some back later.

samething kept happening, so i went hondata. mayeb you should try vafc hack or hondata.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: (bluep3)

thats the odd thing, it doesnt go into limp mode, i can still drive fine and boost as good as ever theres no problem there that i noticed, so you think its good then? i just wanna be safe before i turn the boost up, cuz i wanna crank it to 8.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:38 PM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivichatchbacksi)

if you're getting a CEL, then it should automatically be in limp mode. never heard of a CEL and no limp mode.
my car did this too. but in my case it was my O2 sensor. it did it on the way to the track. did you check the code? that's the easiest way to figure it out.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: (kaj)

i connected the little wire check thingy and the cel doesnt come on, but when i take out one sid eand discomplete the circuit the cel comes on (for a second when i turn the ignition 2nd click) i'll go drive it in boost and if it comes on with that wire connected i'l post up again, but if it doesnt mabye compelteing the circuit fixed it somehow...
Old 03-14-2004, 09:40 AM
kaj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivichatchbacksi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivichatchbacksi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i connected the little wire check thingy and the cel doesnt come on, but when i take out one sid eand discomplete the circuit the cel comes on (for a second when i turn the ignition 2nd click) i'll go drive it in boost and if it comes on with that wire connected i'l post up again, but if it doesnt mabye compelteing the circuit fixed it somehow... </TD></TR></TABLE>

there should be two terminals in the plug you're jumping. each terminal should have a top hole and a bottom hole. it will look like a wire will contact the inside from either of these holes, but it won't. be sure you have the right ones.
you do know how to check the codes, right? i'm referring to reading the flashes on the CEL? good luck! without reading the codes, i dunno. your car is OBD I, right?