Notices

CEL Code 3 MAP w/boost and FMU/injector/inline pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL Code 3 MAP w/boost and FMU/injector/inline pump

I just bought a '93 civic hatchback cx with a gsr, greddy 18G turbo kit w/ BOV. I got a Apex VAFC, Jackson Racing FMU, 440cc injectors, greddy exhaust, intake, Acura LS Interior, Acura LS Wheels, GSR Suspension, GSR Tranny, Spoon Rear Spoiler, Tachometer, air/fuel ratio, and a Wide Mouth Front Bumper. heres a picture

http://www.tuxedomotorsport.com/Mvc-121f.jpg

Now, so i spend $8000 for this car, take it home and im already popping a CEL #3

Obviously I'm a little upset, because this causes the motor to go into what i like to call "slow mode" but its still decenlty quick.

Start the car, no CEL, get going, boost.. bam.. or cruising in 5th at 2k-3k bam.

So, I started playing with the VAFC and leaning it out a tad (-7%), and noticed check engine light would take a little bit longer to come on.. but eventually came on (which sucks because just as the VTEC is just getting started it goes off cause of the CEL 3!)

Another thing, which I'm not sure if they have any inline fuel pump.. i am assuming they do(is there a way to check this?)...but not 100% sure. my A/F autometer (as inacurate as they are) jumps to lean in boost and CEL on ... but im not putting too much stock in that autometer until dyno time. (I am not beating on her either just in case)

So i'm thinking ill probably just scratch that FMU being as I can just run the VAFC hack...but not sure if I want to do that yet.

So.. my main Question is aside from all the other small questions, is how can I get this CEL 3 to stop going on during boost! i thought VAFC was supposed to take care of that! ARGH!

edit : im running at 6 psi