Notices

Building an Turbo B18c Motor....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building an Turbo B18c Motor....

NGK Spark Plugs
MSD Spark Plug Wires
PWR Half Size Radiator
Flex-a-lite Radiator Fan-Black
Precision 1000cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump
AEBS T-Sleeve
Crower 4340 Steel Billet Connecting Rods
ARP Head Stud Kit-Acura B18C
Greddy Oil Catch Pan
Moroso Street-Strip Aluminum Oil Pan
Hondata Intake Gasket
CP Pistons (Don’t Know size mm to go with)
Port/Polish
Full-Race B Series ProStreet AC Stage 3 Turbo Kit

Ok I have no goal or limit to the power I want, I wanna have a mean track car. And a daily driver, soo this is the list of engine modifications I have chose. I know many will disagree with me gettin moroso oil pan, but the main reason is it comes with predrilled holes for the turbo oil lines. But review it tell me what if anything I need besides boost controller, gauges, etc. just motor ingeneral. Cuase I know tuning is where power comes from. Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (RedlineKustomz)

fuel management?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (wantboost)

i was going to go with hondata s200 but then i thought about AEM i aint sure if I wanna spend 1800 dollars yet though.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

who the **** is selling an aem ems for 1800 bucks... kill them
Old 09-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (wantboost)

1800 was a little over the top but the cheapest one i have found is like 1200. which still is alot more than what i have lol.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:47 PM

which would be better plug and play or the race version of AEM? and what about my engine mod list is that fine?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1800 was a little over the top but the cheapest one i have found is like 1200. which still is alot more than what i have lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you don't have 1200 dollars to spend on an AEM you don't have the money to keep a high HP turbo honda running, period.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (turboEGhatch)

So is the only way to get a high HP car, with a AEM EMS? You can't do it with a Hondata system? I have money, but the way I figure it is just how many ppl here say..."why put money into something that you dont need when it can go to something else" I know AEM EMS has alot more function and control but is that the only way to get high HP. If so its that is what I will do, but I have seen some high numbers with Hondata Systems too. Just wondering here, Thanks for the input.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is the only way to get a high HP car, with a AEM EMS? You can't do it with a Hondata system? I have money, but the way I figure it is just how many ppl here say..."why put money into something that you dont need when it can go to something else" I know AEM EMS has alot more function and control but is that the only way to get high HP. If so its that is what I will do, but I have seen some high numbers with Hondata Systems too. Just wondering here, Thanks for the input.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's because if you can't afford the initial output of 1200 bucks for an AEM you will never survive the costs of operation that nickel and dime you to death. Plugs here, fuel pump there, axles here, oil changes everwhere, AN fitting here, oil drain there, filter here, silicone clamp there, etc, etc, etc.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (turboEGhatch)

Dude I know there is alot of money in this, I told you I have the money. But like many on here say over and over, if its not needed then why get it? If AEM EMS is needed for high HP I iwll get it. But if its not I am goin to take that 1200 and put it towards other engine parts. That is all I am saying. Cause money isn't a problem for me, and I dont mind spending as long as its necessary.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:44 PM

And no one is yet to say anything about my engine mods choice. its all been about fuel management system. so could someone please comment on that, seeing as that was what my post was about?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back when I was building my motor I was looking at Crower rods, but after hearing problems people have had with the Crower rods I started looking at something else. Maybe you should think about going with some Manley or Pauter rods? I would have suggested Eagle rods, but I have a feeling you plan on making a lot of power with your setup.

EDIT: you might wanna get a different catch can too. AFAIK the Greddy catch can isn't baffled. You could get an Endyn, or maybe even get a custom one built.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (BlueShadow)

Where can I find these Mantley or Pauter Rods? I have looked but I cant find those. maybe I just dont know where to look lol, but thanks alot I have heard alot about endyn catch cans but again I cant find them lol. Thanks alot for ur input
Old 09-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

contact earl on here, I know he deals with Manleys and Pauters. For Endyn Parts (ENergy DYNamics) click the link.

http://www.theoldone.com/components/
Old 09-23-2005, 04:22 PM

contact Earl? who is Earl Lol
Old 09-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">contact Earl? who is Earl Lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's his username: earl (all lower case)

https://honda-tech.com/zero...94999
Old 09-23-2005, 04:27 PM

Dude I can't find catch can's on that site all I seen is Dart Blocks, ERl Blocks, Camshafts, and that stuff. Do I need to email them?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NGK Spark Plugs
MSD Spark Plug Wires
PWR Half Size Radiator
Flex-a-lite Radiator Fan-Black
Precision 1000cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump
AEBS T-Sleeve
Crower 4340 Steel Billet Connecting Rods
ARP Head Stud Kit-Acura B18C
Greddy Oil Catch Pan
Moroso Street-Strip Aluminum Oil Pan
Hondata Intake Gasket
CP Pistons (Don’t Know size mm to go with)
Port/Polish
Full-Race B Series ProStreet AC Stage 3 Turbo Kit

Ok I have no goal or limit to the power I want, I wanna have a mean track car. And a daily driver, soo this is the list of engine modifications I have chose. I know many will disagree with me gettin moroso oil pan, but the main reason is it comes with predrilled holes for the turbo oil lines. But review it tell me what if anything I need besides boost controller, gauges, etc. just motor ingeneral. Cuase I know tuning is where power comes from. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everything seems pretty good, I would just suggest doing the necessary things before boost, such as compression and leakdown tests to make sure everything is in proper working cond. and replacing all the "main" OEM parts, such as Water Pump, Oil Pump, OEM bearings, and possibly your cap, rotor, coil...you get the idea Other than that, How about a OEM head gasket, since your doing the ARP's? (great choice) Also, w/ high whp, requires upgraded stopping power. Any ideas? Make sure those NGK plugs are at least 2 steps colder than stock for turbo apps. Sounds like you got a pretty sick setup brewing! good luck
Old 09-23-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Building an Turbo B18c Motor.... (1995Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Everything seems pretty good, I would just suggest doing the necessary things before boost, such as compression and leakdown tests to make sure everything is in proper working cond. and replacing all the "main" OEM parts, such as Water Pump, Oil Pump, OEM bearings, and possibly your cap, rotor, coil...you get the idea Other than that, How about a OEM head gasket, since your doing the ARP's? (great choice) Also, w/ high whp, requires upgraded stopping power. Any ideas? Make sure those NGK plugs are at least 2 steps colder than stock for turbo apps. Sounds like you got a pretty sick setup brewing! good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

OK well since I am buying a whole GSR motor, should I still change the water pump, oil pump, bearings, and all that? I dont see that as necessary, cause alot of people change to GSR or ITR parts. Why change it when I already have it lol. Cause alot of the articles I have read and research I have done, all say replacing those aren't necessary but I will look back into all of it. Maybe down the road, but not right now, I think at least. Thanks alot for your input though.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the motor you are buying is used it would make sense to replace the oil pump, water pump and bearings if you are building it up. A new oil and water pump dont cost a whole lot, so might as well just do it now. Why risk your built motor over something that can easily be replaced?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 PM

So what water pump, oil pump, etc. should I go with?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO a OEM GSR oil and water pump should be good enough. I've read about some people running upgraded oil pump gears or oil pumps, but I dont know the brand name. I think they are prodrive gears? I'm not sure though.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:31 PM

I am buying a used GSR motor.