greddy profec b spec2
stock boost is 6-7psi
i set it to about 14-15psi
gain at 0
set at 50%
setgain at 10psi
warning at 16psi
vacum/boost lines as follows
-intake manifold to soleniod(3ft) to internal wastegate actuator(2ft)
-intake manifold to boost controller( about 3ft long)
as im WOT the boost cycles up and down form about 12 psi to 15psi
i want to know what is wrong with this
i think it may be the long *** signal hose to the controller
any help thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: boost unstable , up and down (18gsir)

i had the same problem when tuning with the profec spec b2 ... the problem is that spec b 2 reads the boost as higher...like for 7 lbs it reads 8.5 for me or osmething like that...therefore... you need tdo higher your warning because once it reaches 15 lbs all its going to do is fluctuate 50 % which is why it bounces back and forth............................................. .

All you have to do is higher yuor warning say like 3 lbs away orr..you could lower your boost.......if your spiking and it reaches the warning it will also bounce ..so get your settings straight
Old 05-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost unstable , up and down (Dieselinvasian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dieselinvasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the same problem when tuning with the profec spec b2 ... the problem is that spec b 2 reads the boost as higher...like for 7 lbs it reads 8.5 for me or osmething like that...therefore... you need tdo higher your warning because once it reaches 15 lbs all its going to do is fluctuate 50 % which is why it bounces back and forth............................................. .

All you have to do is higher yuor warning say like 3 lbs away orr..you could lower your boost.......if your spiking and it reaches the warning it will also bounce ..so get your settings straight </TD></TR></TABLE>

Reads higher compared to? I found my profec was reading higher than my autometer gauge.... but I found my map sensor was reading the same as the profec... and then my AVCR later reads the same.

Conclusion... don't trust mechanical boost gauges. (if this is what you are basing it off of.)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost unstable , up and down (Dieselinvasian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dieselinvasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the same problem when tuning with the profec spec b2 ... the problem is that spec b 2 reads the boost as higher...like for 7 lbs it reads 8.5 for me or osmething like that...therefore... you need tdo higher your warning because once it reaches 15 lbs all its going to do is fluctuate 50 % which is why it bounces back and forth............................................. .

All you have to do is higher yuor warning say like 3 lbs away orr..you could lower your boost.......if your spiking and it reaches the warning it will also bounce ..so get your settings straight </TD></TR></TABLE>
ok ill try this and let you know
thanx
Old 05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you spell burnaby wrong, D.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 18gsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
gain at 0
</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you tried increasing the gain? the gain controls consistancy so it seems that since you dont have a value there the consistancy is getting messed up. be careful though cause increasing the gain will increase the boost level. you might need to adjust the set value down some after increasing the gain.

i know the greddy troubleshooting guide says to lower the gain if you are getting fluctuating boost but i dont think it should be set to 0. i would play around with that and see if it helps.

also for now turn the start boost to 0. once you are getting consistant boost then you can start playing with the start boost to increase spool time. setting it too high will cause spiking.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost unstable , up and down (dpetro1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have you tried increasing the gain? the gain controls consistancy so it seems that since you dont have a value there the consistancy is getting messed up. be careful though cause increasing the gain will increase the boost level. you might need to adjust the set value down some after increasing the gain.

i know the greddy troubleshooting guide says to lower the gain if you are getting fluctuating boost but i dont think it should be set to 0. i would play around with that and see if it helps.

also for now turn the start boost to 0. once you are getting consistant boost then you can start playing with the start boost to increase spool time. setting it too high will cause spiking. </TD></TR></TABLE>

illl try that too, too bad its raining now
Old 05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and just to state the obvious, check all your vacuum lines. also where are you getting your pressure source, the turbo or the IM? doesnt really matter i was just curious.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dieselinvasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need tdo higher your warning because once it reaches 15 lbs all its going to do is fluctuate 50 % which is why it bounces back and forth............................................. .

</TD></TR></TABLE>
to respond to this..the warning feature is just an alarm to tell you you are overboosting the desired value. unless the limiter feautre is turned on there should be no boost cut/reduction by the profec b2. so that really shouldnt be the issue.

it didnt list if the limiter was on or not. maybe it is and that could possibly be the problem.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and just to state the obvious, check all your vacuum lines. also where are you getting your pressure source, the turbo or the IM? doesnt really matter i was just curious.

to respond to this..the warning feature is just an alarm to tell you you are overboosting the desired value. unless the limiter feautre is turned on there should be no boost cut/reduction by the profec b2. so that really shouldnt be the issue.

it didnt list if the limiter was on or not. maybe it is and that could possibly be the problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>
source is from the IM, and the warning/ limiter is set to ON
ill also try turning the limiter off
Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah def turn everything off except the set and gain until you get things stable after that you can start playing with the other features.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Weq

you are supposed to run the solenoids boost source form a charge pipe. I cant remmber the reason, but it makes it more conssitant. Also the smaller the lengths, the better and more consistant boost.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Weq)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Weq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are supposed to run the solenoids boost source form a charge pipe. I cant remmber the reason, but it makes it more conssitant. Also the smaller the lengths, the better and more consistant boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the greddy install manual specifies to hook the "NC" port of the solenoid to any pressure source it doenst mention anything about charge pipes being more cinsistant. shorter line will def be beneficial but i dont see where one specific pressue source would be "better" than another.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dpetro1)

turing off the warning didnt help
setting the gain slightly above zero didnt help
so now im gonna try shorter vacum lines
Old 05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (18gsir)

did you turn the limiter off? what about setting the gain fairly high. like 20-30 maybe more. dont give up so easily.