Notices

b16 turbo project questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16 turbo project questions?

ok guys i need your help/opinions. over the past few months ive been gathering parts for my stock b16a turbo crx project. so far i have gathered: short tubular style manifold, garret t3/to4e turbo, front mount intercooler, various pieces of piping for ic pipes, 3 inch stainless kteller exhaust, rc 550 injectors, hondata s200 with boost, bov, wastegate, oil lines, and act xtreme clutch. i still have to order the chipped p28, obd1 convdrsion parts (dizzy,o2, harness, etc), and need welding to be done. also i am ordering a walboro 255 lph pump. is there anything a overlooked? do i need a fuel pressure regulator or ami ok with out one? what is the stock psi setting that comes with a tial wastegate? oh and i am also ordering a shorty radiator. thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: b16 turbo project questions? (iwantboost690)

you got most of it, you do need a fuel pressure regulator....3 bar map sensor.....stock fuel pressure is i think 38 but i'm not sure...i run 50psi on my turbo b16, at 5psi boost. but your tuner will set you up with all that.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: b16 turbo project questions? (my crx is rhd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my crx is rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you got most of it, you do need a fuel pressure regulator....3 bar map sensor.....stock fuel pressure is i think 38 but i'm not sure...i run 50psi on my turbo b16, at 5psi boost. but your tuner will set you up with all that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can use the stock fuel reg with the hondata, many people do... don't need the 3bar map sensor unless you plan to boost more then 11psi. he said stock block so he probably wont.

you will need a down pipe and dump tube which is not on your list and not part of the kteller exhaust kit... and get a boost gauge at least, you should have boost, EGT, oil pressure, and A/F gauges IMO... that and the misc things such as IC pipe clamps/couplers, vaccum lines, etc and your all set

ps: stock fuel pressure is 42psi
Old 01-05-2006, 06:20 AM

yeah it sounds like you are getting there. You will need a regulator. It will make tuning your car much easier. Depending on the power you are looking for. I only had 450's and had to run 60 psi to get 300hp out of them. I would also recommend the 3 bar map. I have one if you need it. I never used it because I didnt have time to get rechipped but the 3-bar along with bigger injectors would have yeilded better results a lot easier. good luck!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: (-Trinitron-)

thanks a lot ht

yes i know i still need to get a dp and dt, they are going to be welded when i get the charge pipes welded. i have a charge pipe kit for a civic, so i dont think it will fit. also, i do have the "misc" things couplers, clamps, vac hases, etc, forgot to list them. i will be running 7 psi, so no need for the 3 bar map. any one know what the wastegate spring rate is on a tial wastegate? hopefully 7 psi lol. so its ok without fuel pressure regulator? also im planning on buying autometer black face guages for boost and oil pressure for now, then maybe egt and wideband later. thanks for all the help, cant wait to start working on my baby
Old 01-12-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: b16 turbo project questions? (iwantboost690)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iwantboost690 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks a lot ht

yes i know i still need to get a dp and dt, they are going to be welded when i get the charge pipes welded. i have a charge pipe kit for a civic, so i dont think it will fit. also, i do have the "misc" things couplers, clamps, vac hases, etc, forgot to list them. i will be running 7 psi, so no need for the 3 bar map. any one know what the wastegate spring rate is on a tial wastegate? hopefully 7 psi lol. so its ok without fuel pressure regulator? also im planning on buying autometer black face guages for boost and oil pressure for now, then maybe egt and wideband later. thanks for all the help, cant wait to start working on my baby </TD></TR></TABLE>