Notices

Assistance needed: D16Z6 300whp+ daily turbo parts build list

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Assistance needed: D16Z6 300whp+ daily turbo parts build list

NVturbo, I have no idea what your problem is.

I think most of the theory I present from my build would carry over. He would not have the bad *** 3.818" stroke.

A burned tune? it works the same, it is live data coming through the USB. You can flash the ECM onboard chip, or socket it and swap chips externally, flashing them on a separate USB unit. Yes, you can flash directly through the USB to 4 pin datalog access on the ECM. Not even spend the $11 dollar for a socket kit.

Crome is free, or was. Got pluggin support.

Hondata will accept the changes made instantly, over bluetooth, Crome will require you to burn the rom USB each change. This can be done over and over ad nauseum in less than 10 seconds from the Crome live screen.

Last edited by 2001GSRSC; 05-01-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:14 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Guys, stop feeding the troll.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Txdragon
Another realization I have, brother.. I am ALL FOR outside the box thinking, saving money, being thrifty, etc but, do YOU realize the OP of the thread was looking for 300+ whp in a d16z6, don't ya? They also want to daily it.. What the spendthrift mad scientist F-series dude has done DOES NOT apply to d-series... Safe... Daily driver... Or 300+ whp...
I completely understand what the OP is looking for, 300 plus whp out of a D-series. Here's the problem, most want 300whp until they get 300whp and will get bored quick. The way I've learned to do things over the years is overbuild not just because most will want more but when you're going to build something it's best to do it right once.

This is why I suggested you go with a sleeved block vs CSS. I've watched your goals and ways of thinking change in a short period of time as well and honestly you're a perfect example of what I am talking about. Oh and this is not to be negative, I'm just saying you start with a lower number but now want 400 to 450whp and are thinking about the CSS treatment on another block. Let's say you get what you're looking for, eventually like most you will want more power and to change things.

For me at one point I wanted a 500 to 600whp build BUT I built it to handle a 1000. Because if you build it to handle a 1000 it should easily handle 500 and last a long time right? I'm just saying this because even though the guy is saying he wants 350 it's better to guide him to use something better so if he gets that power he isn't then limited to it because he chose the wrong parts.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
I completely understand what the OP is looking for, 300 plus whp out of a D-series. Here's the problem, most want 300whp until they get 300whp and will get bored quick. The way I've learned to do things over the years is overbuild not just because most will want more but when you're going to build something it's best to do it right once.

This is why I suggested you go with a sleeved block vs CSS. I've watched your goals and ways of thinking change in a short period of time as well and honestly you're a perfect example of what I am talking about. Oh and this is not to be negative, I'm just saying you start with a lower number but now want 400 to 450whp and are thinking about the CSS treatment on another block. Let's say you get what you're looking for, eventually like most you will want more power and to change things.

For me at one point I wanted a 500 to 600whp build BUT I built it to handle a 1000. Because if you build it to handle a 1000 it should easily handle 500 and last a long time right? I'm just saying this because even though the guy is saying he wants 350 it's better to guide him to use something better so if he gets that power he isn't then limited to it because he chose the wrong parts.

Yessir! You are indeed correct. Which is also why I have another block that will be set aside for sleeves. That's not an "any time soon" thing, but it's on the table. What I was trying to state is that the **** done by 2001GSRSC to his Accord does not in any way apply here.. It won't do any good for the posted request, it won't work well with a D, nor will it last daily abuse, nor is it in any way future-proofing like you're referring to. lol! As for me, yes. I started small and want more. Is that so for everyone? Couldn't say. I CAN say that I've been replacing my cheap parts with quality stuff for longevity and durability.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:52 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

All of you...Or I gotta shut this thing Down, son!..
Old 05-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Txdragon
Yessir! You are indeed correct. Which is also why I have another block that will be set aside for sleeves. That's not an "any time soon" thing, but it's on the table. What I was trying to state is that the **** done by 2001GSRSC to his Accord does not in any way apply here.. It won't do any good for the posted request, it won't work well with a D, nor will it last daily abuse, nor is it in any way future-proofing like you're referring to. lol! As for me, yes. I started small and want more. Is that so for everyone? Couldn't say. I CAN say that I've been replacing my cheap parts with quality stuff for longevity and durability.
No and that makes plenty of sense, honestly I have no issues with what types of inputs anyone has to say because there could always be ways to improve things. What 2001GSRSC works for him and may work for others, same with what I do or you do. The original poster can make a decision for themselves based on all the different types of inputs and feedback.

I always think long term because I know eventually I will want something more.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:01 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC

Well said, and I think I've overbuilt just about everything for my goals! I'm not going to say I won't want more power, but after reading some of yall's posts saying how your favorite street Civic was ~300 whp, I am going to try and stay content where I'm at, hopefully making a safe 300+ whp on a couple-days-a-week driven car that will likely never see track time. I just want fun.