Notices

another turbo question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another turbo question...

Ok guys just for your information i have searched found and read throught this thread.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1749857
But it really didnt do justice for what im looking for in an answer so if you want to hate go ahead and hate ill just ignore you...
My question is about OBX's turbo being sold mostly on you guessed it Ebay..
Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1
Now i know alot of you are going to say yea OBX sucks as a company and all there merchandise is crap. But is this your opinion or can you prove this to me that the OBX turbo is indeed far from and quality craftmanship. I have seen some proof on both sides that other OBX items can either be a good deal or bad deal. but take a look at it and tell me other than their HP gain claim being bull **** do you think that this thing can be worth investing or blowing money on. I havent seen or found anyone claiming to be running it or even ask a question about the product its usually for the entire kits that dont even have a name badge costing the same amount of this turbo its self. So Yea im asking you guys would it be worth buying and trying it out or just saying expletive it and wait to spend 500 more for a name brand turbo that could very well be only as good as the one for sale and the only dif being that im paying 500 more for greddy to be stamped on the casting. If any of you guys feel like being mature and giving input thatd be cool and thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: another turbo question... (Jhonny Ricer)

nobody has any input?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go with the rest of the crew. Buy either a garrett, turbonetics, or a precision turbo.

I would not touch anything on ebay or a unpopular brand.

Thats just me.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jhonny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nobody has any input?</TD></TR></TABLE>
dude this has been covered countless times. it gets old.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Search Results &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Your search for ebay turbo returned 294 results.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
read up alittle more. i can pretty much guarantee that every who frequents this forum has given their opinion in one of those threads. if you read you won't need to ask b/c you're not going to get a different answer than anyone else
Old 04-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: another turbo question... (CivicVX94)

Hey, I searched AND STATED, "I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TURBO THAT COMES IN A "COMPLETE KIT" ON EBAY". From out of those 294 posts that were stated in the 1 THREAD ABOVE!!! Mentioned anything about THE OBX TURBO in itself. So listen since you insist on being ignorant, You go through those 294 ******* threads find one with the obx turbo mentioned and debated, Over wether it was an ok buy or not and shut the hell up. And also if you cant read dont give me any grief unless you can back up your god damn answer, go search for FORUM RULES and see what it says about giving useless ignorant answers.

Modified by Jhonny Ricer at 9:29 PM 4/8/2007
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jhonny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, **** smack I searched AND STATED, "I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TURBO THAT COMES IN A "COMPLETE KIT" ON EBAY". From out of those 294 posts that were stated in the 1 THREAD ABOVE!!! Mentioned anything about THE OBX TURBO in itself. So listen you ignorant sack of **** you go through those 294 ******* threads find one with the obx turbo mentioned and debated, Over wether it was an ok buy or not and shut the hell up. And also if you cant read dont give me any greif unless you can back up your god damn answer, go search for FORUM RULES and see what it says about giving useless ignorant answers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not a good way of getting help

but anyways.. people rock with ssac turbo kits and seem to be doing fine with them spite the harsh critism..
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: another turbo question... (krazyhmongboi)

yea i kinda freaked out a little harshly thats why i withdrew he insults its been a bad day
Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jhonny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, I searched AND STATED, "I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE TURBO THAT COMES IN A "COMPLETE KIT" ON EBAY". From out of those 294 posts that were stated in the 1 THREAD ABOVE!!! Mentioned anything about THE OBX TURBO in itself. So listen since you insist on being ignorant, You go through those 294 ******* threads find one with the obx turbo mentioned and debated, Over wether it was an ok buy or not and shut the hell up. And also if you cant read dont give me any grief unless you can back up your god damn answer, go search for FORUM RULES and see what it says about giving useless ignorant answers.

Modified by Jhonny Ricer at 9:29 PM 4/8/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>
WOW. you are a complete idiot and also managed to make yourself look like an ***.
Do you SERIOUSLY think that pos obx turbo you posted is any different than any of the other chinese turbo's that are one ebay??
NO. the reason they are so cheap is b/c the lack in quality. If you don't believe me or what half of the forum will say, then buy it and prove us wrong.

AND i didn't even act cocky or "ignorant " in my first reply in the slightest sense. If you wanted help with an obx turbo, why the expletive not put "OBX turbo question" as the title to this thread?

Damn you ******* noobs need to be walked through every ******* thing.
You are a moron.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im sorry that it is hard to help idiots out these days.

There is thousands and freaking thousands of thousand and do I need to say thousands one more time of ebay turbos. That is right (EBAY).

Im even afraid to type in the computer ebayturbos then search it. You nuts lol.

Im not trying to be a dick. Its just I see atleast 6 posts about EBAY turbos everday. There is more than just 294 of them.

That was probably just this month.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: another turbo question... (almostboostedgsr)

You didn't act ignorant?? How is telling me to go and search not being ignorant???
Honestly telling me you found 294 results on ebay turbos isn't helping me any *******.. I never said you were being cocky, I am quite aware this has been covered xxx amount of times but im not asking about the freaking ssac turbo kits.
And therefore am not concerned whatsoever about them either my question was plain and simple and that was do you think this company is reputable enough to trust or not. So instead of being a dick in your first post why couldn't have answered maybe like this....

I believe that it would not be worth buying because even though they are a separate company the parts they manufacture are poor quality most of the time, and also are mass produced.

you could have even went on to say politely
p.s. They may not be the same company that has been mentioned xxx amount of times. But there products are the same in entirety and therfore this has been covered before. Therfore IMO I wouldnt go with this turbo just go with "this brand " and you should be good.

instead of basically saying..

Dude stop bumping this were not posting because this question is the same as all the others and a waste of time.
and than go on to tell me to read. Yea because I really need to read through hundreds of threads when the one I posted and said I in fact read sumed all of those up.
In all honesty why couldnt you have posted a helpful post instead of telling me to go search I stated I searched so if i do it all over again how is it going to help me any?

this is why Honda-Tech gets such a bad name by all these people because almost noone on this site cares and whats to help when in fact i thought that was what this site was for in the first place.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your search for obx returned 922 results. lol I told you
Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: another turbo question... (almostboostedgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostboostedgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your search for obx returned 922 results. lol I told you </TD></TR></TABLE>
now read through them and all of them are for
OBX TURBO MANIFOLD
Old 04-09-2007, 02:02 AM

just stop posting now because this is going nowhere fast and all the answers im going to get from you guys are prob more than useless
Old 04-09-2007, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

by the fact that you go through and type all of that b/c i said to search really shows how smart you really are

Learn to do your own ******* research.
Give a man a fish and he will be hungry tomorrow, teach a man to fish and he will never be hungry again.
^words to live by^

Get the sand out of your vagina or your head out of your *** and realize that I wasn't even trying to be a dick at all, you took offense WAY to easy. ANY topic with ebay parts involved in it IS going to get flamed, and I didn't even do that.
for over reacting.
Anger management p0wns you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jhonny Ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just stop posting now because this is going nowhere fast and all the answers im going to get from you guys are prob more than useless</TD></TR></TABLE>
Probably b/c your question was useless. You already knew the answer and were just hoping some johnny riceboy would come on here and say "OBX is good **** mang, they make a hella turbo. OBX&gt;Garrett&gt;Turbonetics&gt;Borg Warner&gt;SSAC." Then you could justify buying it.

Ask a stupid/useless question, get a stupid/useless answer.

And fyi that isn't even a good price for an ebay turbo, can you get NEW garrett or other main brand turbos in the sponser section for $5-600, very similar to the one you posted but with a good reputation.

Modified by CivicVX94 at 9:18 AM 4/9/2007
Old 04-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And because I feel like being nice for some odd reason:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1499182
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1895278
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1802632
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1254877
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1935717

There are garrett turbos in each of those threads for only about $150 more than the ebay one.
Choice wisely and come back with a better question