Notices

Another turbo install question thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another turbo install question thread!

Ive tried to run a search and i have found nothing, i think the search function is down. Here is my dilemna, i have a 95b16a3 with a type r intake manifold, I bought a turbo kit this weekend and it came with rc 310cc of a 99si, the problem is i cant fit the injector into the o ring in the manifold, the stock one fits fine but the rc wont even go in half way. The problem i think is that the injectors are not right for the manifold since the tip of the stock one goes into the manifold much further than the rc's do. I dont know what kind of injectors are stock since i bought the car with all of this on it and never knew that. Another question i have is, the tial wastegate should i hook up a vacuum line to the top of it and leave the bottom one open.
Questions
1. will rc 310'ss from a 99si fit a type r intake manifold
2. Tial wastegate-- Hook up one vacuum line to the top and leave the one on the bottom alone.
3. Where to buy a gasket, the one between the turbo and the downpipe and a new oil pan gasket.
4. Is a gasket necessary between the tial and the manifold?

Thats about it for now, I bet there will be much more questions thanks to everyone
Old 03-29-2003, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Another turbo install question thread! (swpdb16)

As far as the injectors fitting in...you should take a dremel and use it on the inside of the o ring injector seal....this will widen the hole, so the injector will slide in. I just had to do this for DSM 450cc injectors in my 99 Si.

I think on the wastegate you hook up the vacuum line on the side, and leave the top open (unless you have a boost controller). AT least that is how it is on my deltagate. but i'm selling it to get a Tial.

I have no idea what kind of downpipe you have, so you might want to try a muffler shop for the gasket.

Where to get a new oil pan gasket???? Seriously? Honda dealer, Autozone, Advanced auto parts, NAPA....

I've heard people run without the gasket between the tial and manifold. I would use a gasket tho.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another turbo install question thread! (si_mekanik)

Does anyone else have any more suggestions?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to get a knife or razor blade and cut out the little center tab on the injector to get the stock clips to fit on.

2. opposite, hook the side one to a vacum source, and the top if you have a boost controller.

3. Dont need the gasket between turbo and dp. Oil pan gasket 26 dollars at dealership.

4 Gasket between Tial is not necessary. Me, along with people on this board run without it and no leaks.

Old 03-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another turbo install question thread! (intekragsr)

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE ANSWERS everything ended up working out just fine.

I have a few other questions.
1. Can i hook up all the vacuum sources from the fpr vacuum line. I have a type r intake manifold and i cant find any more vacuum sources on top. If i were to hook up all the vacuum sources of the fpr i would have to hook up the Boost gauge, FMU, and the tial. IS this okay??
2. There is shaft play in the turbo which i noticed today! How long can i run on it, i will only be running 6psi daily, its a t3/t4 garett .52 trim. Should i look into getting a new turbo in the near future or just a rebuild?
3. Will the missing link from a 99si fit a type r intake manifold?
Thats about all the questions for now thanks everyone
4. Where is the best place to install the inline fuel pump, i will be running a walbro 255 and i want to put the inline in just to be safe, Where do i hook up the plus and the ground.
5. Will it be safe to drive with 6psi no standalone, just 310cc , walbro 255 and inline, or should i get it tuned ASAP
[Modified by swpdb16, 5:20 AM 3/31/2003]

[Modified by swpdb16, 5:23 AM 3/31/2003]

[Modified by swpdb16, 5:34 AM 3/31/2003]
Old 03-30-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. No dont hook them all up to one source. T the brake booster line. The blow off valve or the wg should have an independent source. I put my BOV on a indep. source and it is lot more responsive.

2. Shaft play as in side to side or in and out. A little side to side is ok.

3. Dunno

4. Do not run both pumps at once. If your running an FMU, you NEED an inline for the FMU to operate properly. If you go standalone for example, take the FMU and inline out and put the walbro in. To hook up inline, positive goes to the fuel pump relay, pin 4 or 7 under your dash. It is a little grey box thingy. Negative goes to a grounding source.

5. 6psi on no standalone is do-able. What ratio is your fmu? if its I would run 8:1 with those 310 cc injectors and get a VAFC to add/subrtract fuel or you will run like ****.

Yes you should get it tuned asap with a standalone.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a 12:1 fmu
where is the best place for the inline to go, the previous owner had it between the fuel filter and the fuel rail on that main hose that goes to the fuel rail would that still be a good spot for it our should i relocate thanks,
Old 03-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That spot for the inline pump is perfect thats where im pretty sure every one installs it, thats where I had mine. If you still want gaskets for the turbo and etc. You live in the chicago area stop by garage kwai in arlington heights they have the gaskets.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another turbo install question thread! (BVM)

I have everything done and all i need now is to install the inline pump i cut it in the main fuel line but i cant find the gray box under the dash or which wire to cut. If anyone can help me out its the last thing i need to do. I tried to search but its disabled
Old 04-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just keep looking. It is there. It is near/behind the fuse block. it has 7 pins. the wire you splice is the yellow and green one I believe. I cannot remmeber for sure, the last one I did was a year ago but I am 90 percent sure it is that color. The box is help on with a little bracket and can be taken off with 10 mm .
Old 04-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone remember which pin you cut to hook up the inline fuel pump,, is it pin 4 or pin 7 , im going to do a light tester tonight just to make sure.