**OFFICIAL FORCED INDUCTION RANDOM CHAT THREAD**

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NotARacist
Far as I can tell, everything except the injectors (already have Bosch 1600's sitting in the garage) and a tune (duh). GT3076, tubular manifold, downpipe, intercooler and piping, WG (Tial, I think) and BOV (SSQV, because why the hell not be obnoxious about my boost?). Pop the kit on, disconnect the charge pipe, drive up to the tuner, swap injectors, reconnect charge pipe, and let him do his thing. Ah, werd. The main thing was the gaps in the junctions, which looks unfilled and unprotected, but maybe (hopefully) you have something in there as well. Also, zip tie those damn junctions or something I might take you up on the Tial. 38mm should do it's job for a 3076 @ 20-25 PSI, right? and you have the BOV...damnit, man! I won't run Junk2, already have the injectors, and I don't know that the 255 will feed enough (considering a 340, or maybe the pump that I got a little excited about back in my fuel pump thread), but I definitely might have to hit you up as well. Between you and hatch, that covers a decent chunk of it. I'd just have to source a manifold that isn't ****, piping/intercooler, and the turbo itself...just have to look into the pricing of a 3076. Shodan sent me a PM a while back, I'll have to go digging through to find it.
You talking bout the splitter from the main harness? That hasn't been heat shrunk yet.

Today i should be done done. I gotta crimp a bunch of dooche connector pins today.

Since im not using a traditional distributor anymore im using that 12v cable to power my k coils and all my other 12v stuff. So i made a box with a terminal board inside to distribute the voltage. Ill post pics later
Old 02-11-2015, 11:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Far as I can tell, everything except the injectors (already have Bosch 1600's sitting in the garage) and a tune (duh). GT3076, tubular manifold, downpipe, intercooler and piping, WG (Tial, I think) and BOV (SSQV, because why the hell not be obnoxious about my boost?). Pop the kit on, disconnect the charge pipe, drive up to the tuner, swap injectors, reconnect charge pipe, and let him do his thing. Ah, werd. The main thing was the gaps in the junctions, which looks unfilled and unprotected, but maybe (hopefully) you have something in there as well. Also, zip tie those damn junctions or something I might take you up on the Tial. 38mm should do it's job for a 3076 @ 20-25 PSI, right? and you have the BOV...damnit, man! I won't run Junk2, already have the injectors, and I don't know that the 255 will feed enough (considering a 340, or maybe the pump that I got a little excited about back in my fuel pump thread), but I definitely might have to hit you up as well. Between you and hatch, that covers a decent chunk of it. I'd just have to source a manifold that isn't ****, piping/intercooler, and the turbo itself...just have to look into the pricing of a 3076. Shodan sent me a PM a while back, I'll have to go digging through to find it.

I have a t4 ramhorn manifold im not using from jdl auto. Look them up they make top notch ****.

Just need to buy a t3 flange for it and cut and weld. If you want it i can do it for you.

Ill give you a good deal on that too bae
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: **OFFICIAL FORCED INDUCTION RANDOM CHAT THREAD**

Damnit hatchy, you're tempting me too much! I'll definitely remember that...once the car is running

You mean you posted pics before completing it? For shame that explains the gaps though. Gonna do any epoxy fill inside the breakouts?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Doesn't look half bad, hatchy. Room for improvement, but for your first time, a solid result.

Ah, doing this crazyness for the vette?
Nope the civic. I have no idea what's going on with the Z06, guess my dad is slacking or something. Broke in June, pulled apart in August, the motor has been ready since at least Christmas so I'm not sure. I've moved further away from his house so it's not like I can just do by whenever anymore.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I've been doing the waffle about leaving it a Stanced street car or turning into a track day capable car and decided on the latter. Especially since I'll never put the torque I'm gonna make to the ground through a 195 tire lol.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:48 PM

And that's why stance is ******* retarded. Make it a street beast!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're looking for a manifold, I have a buddy with an InlinePro Stainless T3/38 he's looking to sell. IIRC he wanted like $300ish for it. Not sure if that's "in line" with your plans or not, but worth mentioning.

Also, i'll make you a deal on the HKS - like I said its new in box and I have no intention of using it. I'll toss a picture up soon to entice you a bit further
Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Man U FTW

Proof of life pics
Attached Images     
Old 02-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad I'm not looking for a bov anymore
Old 02-11-2015, 02:06 PM

inb4"thatsaknockoff"

but srs, do want. Just gotta get the car running and broken in, then I'll definitely shoot you a peem about it. Actually...gonna shoot you both a peem now, so I don't forget about it when the time comes.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I hate the sound of SSQVs lol. Drives me nuts.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't even really hear my tial
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Man U FTW

I had an SSQV on my STi with one of the concentric inserts and I kinda hated it too...I pulled the insert and it was a lot less ricey.

.... and I still swapped to a red Tial Q
Old 02-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by wantboost
I hate the sound of SSQVs lol. Drives me nuts.
Which sound though? They have like, three or four different inserts you can get for different sounds, or you can run without an insert for a more standard "woosh".

That said...I love it. I love it when a well-hidden turbo car shifts, and suddenly reminds you that "yes, I do in fact have a large metal wheel doubling my horsepower".
Old 02-11-2015, 03:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

My box i made for my coils and wideband gauge etc
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2015, 03:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

What you guys know about these crimps
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

I need that crimp tool like whoa. Gimme.

I do have a soft spot for stance cars though. It's so absurd and in your face. You can do basically anything.. low, loud, insane fitment, covered in stickers. When Someone asks why you just look at them abd say "because **** you,that's why" lol.

My S13 will be sort of a stance fitment drift car when I'm done. What people have started calling VIP GT or something like that.

The civic was so low I broke motor mounts bottoming out, rubbed a hole in the oil pan, but I never ever broke a lip or bent a wheel. I don't go where any speed bumps are and the streets and highways in Georgia are as smooth as glass. I even flexed the floor a few times. That being said I want to be able to drive the civic with the power it will make, not worry about ripping **** off the car. Especially since I'll be working at a race track soon and get free track time.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that whole slamming your car cause the road is messed up . Every stanced person I know doesn't give a damn . It just matters if you can drive the car
Old 02-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally found a GSR head for a good deal. I have a couple concerns though.

• There is a small scratch in one of the cam journals that I can get with my fingernail. Is this going to be a problem? can the machine shop clean it up?
  • Replacing the LMA's is probably a good idea I would assume
  • I won some Edelbrock 82lb valvesprings a couple years ago at WMHM. Id like to use them but they dont make retainers to match. You think its ok to mix retainers and springs? (crower or supertech most likely)
  • Whats tasks are typically associated with reconditioning a head at the machine shop? Im thinking Valve job, valve stems and seals, resurface head etc. Am I missing anything?
Thanks

Last edited by LightningTeg; 02-12-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:21 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Finally found a GSR head for a good deal. I have a couple concerns though.[*] There is a small scratch in one of the cam journals that I can get with my fingernail. Is this going to be a problem? can the machine shop clean it up?[*]Replacing the LMA's is probably a good idea I would assume[*]I won some Edelbrock 82lb valvesprings a couple years ago at WMHM. Id like to use them but they dont make retaienrs to match. You think its ok to mix retainers and springs? (crower or supertech most likely)[*]Whats tasks are typically associated with reconditioning a head at the machine shop? Im thinking Valve job, valve stems and seals, resurface head etc. Am I missing anything? Thanks

My machine shop always strips the head bare hot tanks the head paints it ( even if i ask not to lol) then replace valve seals, resurface if it needs one, repair any broken studs and lap the valves and check for any bent valves. I pay 120 per head.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:24 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I haz questions too

Im going to redo my charge pipe next week.

Whats the most hp i can make with 2" pipe

Any downsides to using 16g ss pipe? I Know weight but any thing else?

Anyone remember tony the tigers teg turbo itb setup? What was that power chamber type setup he had right before the tb? Looks like the piping went from 2.5" to 3.5" then back down to 2.5"

What purpose did that serve?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
What you guys know about these crimps
I likey!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:59 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Dallasb84
I likey!
Thanks me too everything is coming together nicely

Anyone know where to get the firewall plugs for civics? Or part numbers
Old 02-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What plugs are you looking for? Factory or aftermarket?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:59 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Doesnt matter i just need to plug the firewall

Quick Reply: **OFFICIAL FORCED INDUCTION RANDOM CHAT THREAD**