Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Few AEM EMS2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few AEM EMS2 questions

I have a 95' civic with a GSR turbo motor (Drag Car) and I have been debating between s300 and ems2.

I think im going to go with aem ems2 but I have not yet had a chance to speak with a rep about it, I wanted to know some basic simple questions like

1. Do I need anything else to run EMS or is it just plug in and select a basemap?

2. What do I need for traction control and how much is it (iv read it comes with TC but I heard you need to buy something else..

3. I didn't see boost by gear written in those words does it have it?

4. Is it pretty user friendly for someone thats decent with computers and tuning?

If anyone can help answer these I would appreciate it thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Few AEM EMS2 questions

Originally Posted by boostNjuice
I have a 95' civic with a GSR turbo motor (Drag Car) and I have been debating between s300 and ems2.

I think im going to go with aem ems2 but I have not yet had a chance to speak with a rep about it, I wanted to know some basic simple questions like

1. Do I need anything else to run EMS or is it just plug in and select a basemap? If the base map provided by AEM is identical to your setup, then u just need to upload the base and follow the innitial checks and configuration. If not, you must make required changed to get the car going and to your tuner

2. What do I need for traction control and how much is it (iv read it comes with TC but I heard you need to buy something else.. AEM bases TC on engine raw rate, IMO you dont need any special sensors, you can work the TC from your raw rate, though a simpler way for a very basic TC is by VSS

3. I didn't see boost by gear written in those words does it have it? AEM EMS series 2 has boost by gear, not only it has advance boost options where u can set targets by gear, tps, rpm or VSS

4. Is it pretty user friendly for someone thats decent with computers and tuning? I have used aem tuner on XP, vista and windows 7, no connection issues, sometimes if u close the laptop without disconnecting from ecu it gives a error but unpluging and replug or restart the software solves that asap

Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostNjuice

1. Do I need anything else to run EMS or is it just plug in and select a basemap?

2. What do I need for traction control and how much is it (iv read it comes with TC but I heard you need to buy something else..

3. I didn't see boost by gear written in those words does it have it?

4. Is it pretty user friendly for someone thats decent with computers and tuning?

Go whit the aem V2, if you make an effort get the AEM infinity, some of the best tunner are talking about it.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Infinity unit is going to be overkill for your average end user. Stick with a Series 2 EMS.