Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

AEM Infinity with Racepak IQ3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Infinity with Racepak IQ3?

Anyone running an AEM Infinity 508/8h with the Racepak IQ3?

Unlike other EMS setups out there, the Infinity used with the CAN interface module cable still doesn't allow all the functioning display channels as a default. Anyone able to get vital parameters/channels available to use on the display? And if so, any help/how-to?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Infinity with Racepak IQ3?

Im using this setup imo it sucks. We have rpm, iat, and ect but nothing else works. The vnet cable most are using including myself is designed for the v2 box but i have spome with racepak and there is a new universal vnet cable that supposedly eliminated all the issues adding other channels. At the same time it is more money and risky as nobody has proven that it works that being said the aem display dash is currently in product testing and should come to market within a year or so i have been told. At this point i might be getting away from the infinity this winter but it all depends if they get some stuff sorted out soon.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CO_RaceFab
Im using this setup imo it sucks. We have rpm, iat, and ect but nothing else works. The vnet cable most are using including myself is designed for the v2 box but i have spome with racepak and there is a new universal vnet cable that supposedly eliminated all the issues adding other channels. At the same time it is more money and risky as nobody has proven that it works that being said the aem display dash is currently in product testing and should come to market within a year or so i have been told. At this point i might be getting away from the infinity this winter but it all depends if they get some stuff sorted out soon.
Damn. There's a thread on the aem forum about adding channels, but I really have zero idea on what to do. I have zero experience with Racepak and the datalink software, and I feel like if I attempt to add the channels, I'll somehow botch it.

Have you read the thread, and added the additional channels per the thread? I've seen you post on the AEMF, so not sure if you've come across it or not.

AEM's been working on that display for a while. I can't wait a year. Once I get my intake manifold in the car, it is ready to go to tune, but I really need to get this racepak display operating. I dont even need any crazy channels, just the bare basics, and will log everything else through AEM.

Someone posted on the racepak forum that the new universal cable does nothing for the infinity in terms of additional avail. channels.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know why more honda guys haven't moved on to the haltech. i had some probs at first but now its be awesome
Old 08-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why Haltech? And not any line up from Motec. Proefi. Fueltech. MS3pro. etc. It's just all a matter of preference.

I love the infinity software, and AEM cust support has been nothing short of great for me. Just having an issue of infinity-to-racepak compatibility. You can get the channels to read on the racepak, I just have zero experience, same as my tuner.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haltech for me = can dual channel wide band, can dash (racepak iq3) ve tuning that learns,bump box, intelligent dry nitrous control,great boost controller,traction control, flying lead harness with relay box that was supplied so i can make my own harness. tons of other things i cant remember right now. oh its NOT AEM

i also put a neon srt4 on an elite 1500 and they had the cam and crank sensors ready to go. car runs like a dream.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:20 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well this sucks. I have an infinity and am looking to go with either a racepak or aim dash in the future. It would suck to only find out later they don't work together.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
Well this sucks. I have an infinity and am looking to go with either a racepak or aim dash in the future. It would suck to only find out later they don't work together.
Like I mentioned, there are channels available...you just have to manually enter them into the software if Datalink. I never done it before. I know there's people running infinity's out there, so thats why I posted up, to see if anyone has done it and not had issues.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have v2 and aim dash and i cant get other channels to read either.
like oil pressure or fuel pressure.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SwappedTURBOegg
haltech for me = can dual channel wide band, can dash (racepak iq3) ve tuning that learns,bump box, intelligent dry nitrous control,great boost controller,traction control, flying lead harness with relay box that was supplied so i can make my own harness. tons of other things i cant remember right now. oh its NOT AEM

i also put a neon srt4 on an elite 1500 and they had the cam and crank sensors ready to go. car runs like a dream.
I agree with you, we have an Elite 1500 on our B series drag car, running 8 injectors and 4 x LS coils and it works great ! Haltech is also continually developing their product and releasing updated firmware with new features - for example CO2 AMS 1000 style boost control is now available on the latest firmware !!

I've often heard of gripes with AEM's products, although they look great and tick all the boxes on paper, it seems there's always a "BUT".
Old 09-16-2016, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We had issues setting it up too. Get the new AIM dash and be done with it. You don't have to spend $375 for a cable lol
Old 09-16-2016, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was able to get RPM, volt, mph, boost, tps, IAT, water temp, afr, timing, and oil pressure channels on the IQ3.

I'm about 3wks out from starting the car, but IAT and water atleast are reading the sensor correctly w/ key on.

If there's any problems, I will go with AEM's dash. They stated they are close to releasing soon.