Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

1998 Honda Civic Dx -From Ricey to Right-

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Honda Civic Dx -From Ricey to Right-

oh. pretty sure thats exactly what i suggested when i pm'd you the other day too...
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha it is, but then my dad suggested the same thing
Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM

Looking good man!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It feels good to see someone with the right mind set to do everything themselves instead of buying an already modded out car and learning nothing from doing so. From what i have seen so far the build is going great and the problems that you are running into to at some point or another we have all run into and your in the right spot to get help. Good luck with the build and keep us updated. That front end swap looks good too. I have one that i need to get done. i ordered it while in Iraq and now need to get my *** out there and get it on. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finally someone saves one!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

give it a month or so and this ish will be back up and runnin!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea guys, understand I was 16 years old when I started this with no job..I got alot done and Need to upload some new pics, but im most likely going to start a new thread. How about "From broken down ****, to right?" Rings a bell dont it. lol.

Story is, the guy who had it before me, was what i like to call a first class, dumbass as you guys can tell by the pictures. Anyways, he used cheap oil, which reslulted in a gunked up motor. I through a rod on a 98k mile motor

But we are about to have this thing up and running again..So to all that have angrily pm'ed me telling me to save this cutie! Shes coming soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not much of a start but we got it out of the rain and into the car port. Never thought dragging/ pushing a slammed civic with another slammed civic in the mudd and grass would be so fun, haha. Ill post up some pics later!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly haven't read this whole thing yet, but i plan to, so if I say anything stupid, forgive me. I'm new here and have no clue what's going on. (best excuse ever ) First off, good luck with the build and swap.

I need to look at the pics of where you're at now, but god the car was ugly when you got it from what I can see. Mine was all rusted to hell when I got it so I got to do body work on it too. You took on a pretty big project though taking the urethane off.

PS sucks in a light chassis. You'll see soon enough. In a light car like a civic, it's no big deal.

300-500 hp is a big number for a car with narrow (relatively) tires. Making that much power you'll probably be breaking a lot. I'd reccomend a backup car before you get there. It's not the route I'd take. Our cars are more biased to turning well than being quick in a straight line, just something to think about. Nothing wrong with more power, I'd just think reliability should take preference in your situation. This is your only car, right?

I'll be following. Looks like a good project. You took a good path IMO.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How she sits since july