Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

I’ve been lookin right around a lot, for piston/rod setups that’ll fit in a B18b1 with a GSR Head, that can also take boost. Don’t hate pls, I tried to find B18 forum but I couldn’t. Looking for a super reliable setup, that won’t bend rods, or crack pistons, or anything like that.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:49 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default re: Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

Pauter rods / CP pistons would be my recommendation if you want the best. Not wanting to bend or break things...well, a lot of that comes down to tuning and how well the parts are assembled. The individual components can only take you so far...
Old 07-15-2018, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default re: Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

Wiseco piston in 81.25mm bore size...and eagle rods..cheap and hold over 600hp no problem.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

So Wiseco and Eagle? I’m gonna pull the engine today and take it all apart and hone the cylinders. But I’ve heard Wiseco’s can crack, but I know a 90% of it is tuning. I was gonna go with CP pistons and Eagle rods, I just wanna make 100% sure they will work together. Like the wrist pins will fit in the connecting rods and pistons (I know it should fit in the pistons as it comes with them, but I just wanna make sure they work so I don’t have to send them back) but they also gotta work with a stock crank which should handle some okay HP correct?
Old 07-29-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions request: d155spd's B-series piston for LSVTEC combination

Originally Posted by d155spd
So Wiseco and Eagle? I’m gonna pull the engine today and take it all apart and hone the cylinders. But I’ve heard Wiseco’s can crack, but I know a 90% of it is tuning. I was gonna go with CP pistons and Eagle rods, I just wanna make 100% sure they will work together. Like the wrist pins will fit in the connecting rods and pistons (I know it should fit in the pistons as it comes with them, but I just wanna make sure they work so I don’t have to send them back) but they also gotta work with a stock crank which should handle some okay HP correct?
Don't know where you got that Wiseco cracking issue, but you would assume incorrectly that there is any inherent issue.

Yes,, all parts for, but you need to go to the machine shop and install everything within spec.

You're not reading enough builds with these parts. You'll be comforted when you're done researching.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard about the Wiseco thing on a couple threads, but I’m just wanting to go with the best parts I can get. Don’t wanna cheap out, and only wanna do it once, and right the first time. I was gonna get all the necessary gauges, and measuring devices and such to make sure I’m all within specs. Really just wanted to make positive the wrist pins will fit in the rods properly, stock stroke, and bore. Just asking for help because this is my first Honda build. Block/trans came out beautifully also
Old 07-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Stock cranks are forged and damn near indestructible from the Honda factory. Even pro drag setups often don't replace the stock cranks unless they've done some sort of stroker setup.

Wiseco pistons are great, personally my favorite. CP pistons are fine too.

Eagle rods are, in my opinion, the cheapest forged rod in terms of machining quality and consistency between each rod. I'd recommend K1 or Manley H beams over Eagles.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by d155spd
I heard about the Wiseco thing on a couple threads, but I’m just wanting to go with the best parts I can get. Don’t wanna cheap out, and only wanna do it once, and right the first time. I was gonna get all the necessary gauges, and measuring devices and such to make sure I’m all within specs. Really just wanted to make positive the wrist pins will fit in the rods properly, stock stroke, and bore. Just asking for help because this is my first Honda build. Block/trans came out beautifully also
Yeah. don't base that conclusion on any of "a couple of threads". Mainly complainers are those that had bad P2W clearances ... period.