All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

All motor Nissan setup and numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: All motor K series killer

Originally Posted by Combustion Contraption
theorhetical max with 36mm valves is 344cfm. thats using 138 cfm per sq in., which is the MAX an orifice can flow under perfect conditions. 380cfm is like, 154cfm per sq in.

and sr20ve's stock int valve size is 35.5mm
So either the OP is not being entirely truthful, or his head porter's flowbench is off by 20%? Interesting. I thought the flow numbers sounded rather high, but that is quite a bit to be off by.

Originally Posted by sc_at_QuaifeUS
I looked into it while I was there, but nothing ever transpired.
Port centers are different than B's and K's so I couldn't use the Honda casting. I had a few friends interested, but not enough demand to cast something specific.

I've tuned a couple KA24-Turbo cars, seemed like decent engines, but I'd never want to build one.
The KA motors can actually make very good power pretty easily with a turbo. As I understand it, that is party because the head flows pretty well stock. I've seen flow charts for them, but I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head. IIRC, the main limiting factor with those motors is the intake manifold.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All motor Nissan setup and numbers

Yeah they do flow 260 stock but they pick up cfm really easily. Mine was just cleaned up with stock valves and flows 295
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are 2 of these setups running in a racing class I am involved in here in Australia and they make crazy power on the stock cams the power output is nowhere near a K Honda from 7000rpm on but under that they OWN the Honda engines.The heads do flow well but the figures I have seen in the thread are way off from the ones we have done over here the K Honda head still outflows it.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Makes you wonder why there aren't many of them out there.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

295cfm is believeable. But you've got a lot of work ahead to gain that extra 85cfm. Going from 320-380 is NOT like going from 260-310. Most production heads, you can find the first extra 30-40cfm relatively easily. After that, it becomes a battle. If I have a good cylinder head that already been ported well, I'm happy to gain 5-10cfm out of it. 10 is a lot.

I edited my original post because I ran the #'s wrong last night around 1 a.m. & didn't catch it til today. I also added some more info.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea my second car is a s13 ka24de , ive been entertaining the idea of toying with it but would probly go turbo and not all motor with it , the car feels great from like 3k to about 5.2k then she kinda flat lines after that , its all stock tho
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

my s13 was a complete turd but still fun to drive because of the welded diff.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just to bring this thread back up.

Your right. The K series motor has advantages over VE being you guys have factory 2.4L's and can use most of your stock components. Dont have to sleeve the block to do so and so on.

As far as the port work on this head is concerned, The guy that originally did this head spent i mean years working this head over. He has pics and vids of it on the flowbench. Same flowbench you major shops that specialize in headwork use. So why would he lie about the headflow. Im sure he knows all about this theoretical flow and soo on. But he did stock numbers before he started and did the work in stages over a period of like 2 years before he got the final numbers. Those ports are significanly larger than the factory. I mean massive amount of port work. Probably close to the limits of how much material he could take off. I believe he went as far as getting a spare head and cutting it in half to see just how much material he had to work with before running out. The valves are all custom way oversized. I believe 2-3mm larger intake valves and 2-3mm larger exhaust valves. There is probably 4-5k bucks in this head and years worth of time doing the job. Complete seat replacment and cuts. Tried various valve angle grinds and soo on. There is a whole thread on this head build.

Search the web for a guy named Daxx and it should come up. So think what you want about it flowing almost 400cfm intake and exhaust did almost 300 cfm if im not mistaken but I believe it as he documented everything and was a pro at this stuff. Tons of work.

Thats why the car made 294whp with n1 cams and stock intake manifold. Because the head made up for it. When he puts the same Kelford cams and a good manifold w/ large throttle body that the 307whp VE made, I can see 325-330whp easily.

Either way its impressive. A 300whp n/a 4 cylinder is impressive whether it be a K series or SR20VE. For those getting all confused about the size of the motor. Your an idiot. Yes we have to sleeve our blocks to go 2.4 and all custom stuff to go with it. 92mm aftermarket crank and custom pistons to go with it. 2.45L is the most we can go so you K's already have an advantage over us on that being with a stroker crank, sleeved block, and custom pistons you can go 2.6L pretty easy.

But again this motor did it on pump gas and with race fuel, custom intake mani, large tb, and kelford cams, this motor could see 335-340whp.

Just figured I would clear up any confusion about the headwork mainly. This head is a work of art. The guy knew what he was doing and had everything to back up his findings. He hid nothing.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 AM
A Digital Frontier

When will any of those guys compete in the All motor shootout? i wana see some nissan vs honda action.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A guy named cory with his 285whp 2.4L competed in an event two weeks ago and won the all motor street class beating a shops k24 built crx. It was a hot and very humid day and everyone in all motor was running significanly slower than normal and trapping about 4mph slower but Cory still managed to run 11.7's at 116mph. He was doing 11.6's at 117mph on his 2.3L build, stock stroke, big bore VE. The crx was the same way running slowly and also had LSD issues or something like that but either way Cory took the win. Also I think he is trying to make another event next weekend at BIR.

As for the 2.4L's that the OP owns and his buddies, I have yet to see them run at the track and who knows if they will. I hope they do. I dont see the point in builing a 300whp VE or any 4cyl to not run it at the track and see what times and trap speed it puts up. Definitely need to get more of them out there competing to make things fun and interesting again.

I mean its gotta get old just seeing the same hondas and only Hondas out there all the time. Variety is nice and it builds up that competitiveness that there used to be back in the day. Im sure you will see more of them out there. Im building my b13 se-r to compete in the IFO events in the FI class. Couple changes in the works, going for about 750whp and hoping to run consistent 9 second passes. Probably wont be the fastest car out there but its not always about the fastest and not always the fastest that wins. Consistency and reliability often takes it. Im also using an SR20VE motor. Stock block, built internals and head and so on.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been competing here in MN. I won the all motor class this year and runner up last year. I'm basically the only one in the entire field that's not a Honda. The finals this yr was me vs a 300whp k24 crx. And last years final was myself vs a high comp 2.2 b series crx. Its been fun. Just got my new set up running and first dyno yielded 285/210 with a pretty standard head.hopefully work some things out and hit that all mighty 300whp.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cory its too bad you were not the one to pick up Daxx's head. I would only imagine what you would have made with that head on your motor and at least you would have put it to good use. Hell I can only imagine what that head sold for when he put everything up for sale.

It sucks that more of these builds havent gotten out there and ran yet. But its only just the start and hopefully more people do get out there.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I remember Charles trying to sell me that head to. But I didn't have the cash at the time. I'd like to get in touch with rlz or endyn to see what they might be able to do with a ve head.

And just wait, I know Jamie's been busy but hell be out when everything gs worked out. And Rocco has had some clutch issues but hell be making passes soon aswell
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i figured it was just gonna be a matter of time. Any idea of what that head sold for. I remember everyone wanted that head but few had the cash. Id imagine it at least sold for 3,000 or more.

Yeah it would be nice to see another company that specializes in port and polish work to take a try at one and see what they can get. There are plenty of parts out for them. I know Daxx didnt use the standard just +2mm oversize exhaust and +1mm oversize intake valves. I mean he went as far as replacing the seats. Dont know where he had the valves made or if he found something else from another motor that would work. Id have to go back through the thread. But it was a long read.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:15 AM
A Digital Frontier

Originally Posted by ashtons300zx
A guy named cory with his 285whp 2.4L competed in an event two weeks ago and won the all motor street class beating a shops k24 built crx. It was a hot and very humid day and everyone in all motor was running significanly slower than normal and trapping about 4mph slower but Cory still managed to run 11.7's at 116mph. He was doing 11.6's at 117mph on his 2.3L build, stock stroke, big bore VE. The crx was the same way running slowly and also had LSD issues or something like that but either way Cory took the win. Also I think he is trying to make another event next weekend at BIR.

As for the 2.4L's that the OP owns and his buddies, I have yet to see them run at the track and who knows if they will. I hope they do. I dont see the point in builing a 300whp VE or any 4cyl to not run it at the track and see what times and trap speed it puts up. Definitely need to get more of them out there competing to make things fun and interesting again.

I mean its gotta get old just seeing the same hondas and only Hondas out there all the time. Variety is nice and it builds up that competitiveness that there used to be back in the day. Im sure you will see more of them out there. Im building my b13 se-r to compete in the IFO events in the FI class. Couple changes in the works, going for about 750whp and hoping to run consistent 9 second passes. Probably wont be the fastest car out there but its not always about the fastest and not always the fastest that wins. Consistency and reliability often takes it. Im also using an SR20VE motor. Stock block, built internals and head and so on.
Wrong class. Im talking about the 10 sec cars.

Saw that video that crx was having horrible bogging launching issues. If its the same rex an i/h/e h2b almost had him till top end, i wouldn't be to proud of beating that car.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No sir. It was a k24 14:1 CR 60mm itbs 1900lb car we trapped the same I just got him off the tree. We both had 1.6 60s.

And last yr the other crx in the final with me was a 270whp 2.2 bseries. I had the other crx of the tree but he had like 3-4 MPH on me and won by .012 of a sec. Bit that was back when I was only putting down 260whp doing 11.60s. Now it another 25whp and 20ftlbs.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just happy I can run with some serious Honda's and put up a fight in my sentra.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
A Digital Frontier

This crx right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKFTZfFIIks&

Looks to me like the crx was having major issues. Couldn't even get a burnout going.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is the one. Me and him in the final. And obviously that was not a good pass. He did have an 11.50earlier in the day. Both our cars were very down on power due to the super high humidity. I was trapping the same mphs as when I had 20whp less.

I'm not sure why he was having issues in the burnout box. And idk how he "almost got me on the top end " when we trapped the same MPH.

He was a pimp. Hopefully he gets it figured out so we can see some 10s. From his car next year

Last edited by coryb13ser; 07-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 PM
A Digital Frontier

Originally Posted by coryb13ser
That is the one. And obviously that was not a good pass. He did have an 11.50earlier in the day. Both our cars were very down on power due to the super high humidity. I was trapping the same mphs as when I had 20whp less.

I'm not sure why he was having issues in the burnout box. And idk how he "almost got me on the top end " when we trapped the same MPH.

He was a pimp. Hopefully he gets it figured out so we can see some 10s. From his car next year
Hopefully. Quoted me wrong there, was referring to another car.

Originally Posted by dirtyharryhatch
Wrong class. Im talking about the 10 sec cars.

Saw that video that crx was having horrible bogging launching issues. If its the same rex an i/h/e h2b almost had him till top end, i wouldn't be to proud of beating that car.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is the one. Me and him in the final. And obviously that was not a good pass. He did have an 11.50earlier in the day. Both our cars were very down on power due to the super high humidity. I was trapping the same mphs as when I had 20whp less.

Hey I just wanted to say I was really impressed with your setup, that thing is a beast! Not sure if you remember but I had the red hatch w/ the massive pipe out the headlight (I think I raced you once? can't remember) Your car kept me motivated to stay NA with my car, I can't wait to join the 11 sec club, just need some cams...still on the stock h22 cams Anyway, keep doing what your doing, can't wait to see the new track times with the new numbers...GL
Old 07-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot man. Yea I remember your car. That is soo quick for your whp and trap. Hopefully ill be running into you again later this year.

Where you from again, I think I've seen you at rockfalls too.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ashtons300zx
Yeah i figured it was just gonna be a matter of time. Any idea of what that head sold for. I remember everyone wanted that head but few had the cash. Id imagine it at least sold for 3,000 or more.

Yeah it would be nice to see another company that specializes in port and polish work to take a try at one and see what they can get. There are plenty of parts out for them. I know Daxx didnt use the standard just +2mm oversize exhaust and +1mm oversize intake valves. I mean he went as far as replacing the seats. Dont know where he had the valves made or if he found something else from another motor that would work. Id have to go back through the thread. But it was a long read.
that head is deffinatly bad ***. but keep in mind ashton, daxx worked this head for a huge boost. when it comes to an naturally aspirated motor velocity generally takes precidence. im sure jamie is fully aware of this. heres the thing it could be helping or hurting him. there just isnt enough of us out there to see what works the best. either way you cut it though its a much better then a stock head. some of this is all speculation and until theres a handfully of guys really tweaking things well never know. i dont see many more guys building any serious n/a sr motor. jun, jamie, cory, rocco, fazil and myself. thats 6 guys out of our entire community who have built 2.4's.

Originally Posted by dirtyharryhatch
This crx right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKFTZfFIIks&

Looks to me like the crx was having major issues. Couldn't even get a burnout going.
something was going on. i would have liked to have seen if he could have gotten a burn out going. his 60ft and et most likely would have been better. either way thats racing, great run cory !

I'm just happy I can run with some serious Honda's and put up a fight in my sentra.
you deff are man !!

stratton.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot man. Yea I remember your car. That is soo quick for your whp and trap. Hopefully ill be running into you again later this year.

You probably have. We were at rockfalls together last year duking it out lol. Although it appears I might sell out soon
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, yeah its a little rocket cant ask for more being a stock motor and all, i'm happy with it. I think a lot of it has to do with my gearing, I really don't think it could get much better. (ITR trans+23" MH)
Yeah I've been to rockfalls a few times with slowegg. From the SW suburbs.
You prob won't see me racing any more this year, depending on how things go, I have a different shell and I'm basically putting my entire setup (engine, suspension, everything. Into this new one after It gets painted. I'll say hi if I see you at forum wars this sat, I might be going just to watch.

Quick Reply: All motor Nissan setup and numbers