Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

All motor Nissan setup and numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All motor Nissan setup and numbers

Figured I would post up and get some feedback on my current build Nissan sentra.

Not a Honda but can easily be compared to the K24 series motor, VTEC and all. Looking for ideas on what you guys used for intake manifolds, header size/specs etc.

There is no aftermarket support for these motors so everything has to be custom.

ASP started designing parts for me but it never made it to completion. Shouts to Stefan and crew, hope all is well...

SR20VE (bored 6mm over) Now 2.4L
CP 12.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Ported & Polished head (flows 380+cfm @ .5" lift)
Supertech Valves, Springs & Retainers
Mazworx knifed edge 92mm crank
Custom 4-1 header
Stock Intake manifold (still being custom made)
Stock Cams (still being custom made)

Blue was my stock 2.0L setup with bolt ons, Red is the current build with stock IM and cams.

Last edited by Jmarsh; 03-17-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All motor K series killer

Another dyno sheet of my buddy's simular build with custom intake manifold, smaller 2.25 in collector 4-1 header.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definatly some nice numbers..i told my cousin about your build....he has a sr20ve that he blew and wants to do it all motor...were are you guys located?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...i way to think outside the box....would love to see the faces of people when you blow by them....in a sentra...lol
Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ves are garbage .

stratton.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

14:1 compression and e85
Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do these motors require sleeving? Really impressive, seems like theres alot more left in it.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so let me get this straight. You're comparing your stroked, decked setup to stock crank k24's with stock stroke and deck? Nice.
Not taking anything from the build but k24's can achieve that goal quite easy with mostly off the shelf or for what ive seen oem bottom end setups. If your going to call it a k-series killer your going to need to come to the table with a bit more than that.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The Ogre
so let me get this straight. You're comparing your stroked, decked setup to stock crank k24's with stock stroke and deck? Nice.
Not taking anything from the build but k24's can achieve that goal quite easy with mostly off the shelf or for what ive seen oem bottom end setups. If your going to call it a k-series killer your going to need to come to the table with a bit more than that.
Decked setup?

This is a AEBS sleeved block with the stock deck. We cant use deck plates like hondas to use larger cranks.

You fail to realize K20/K24 motors use a longer rod and have a better rod ratio being a under square motor. Our stock stroke is 86mm.

To achieve what we have achieved on a square, shorter stroke motor says alot. Putting HP to the side, look at the TQ. With small cams/IM we are putting down more TQ than worked K24's, not to mention doing it on 93 pump.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol that was a torque plate or hone plate, only used during the machining process to simulate the internal stresses caused by torquing down the head

more pics of the intake and exhaust ports?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you come here to talk trash...I like your build man but no need to sh*t on k series.I dont know if we can see a k20 past the 300whp barrier with the stock 86mm stroke.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice build, now get a decent intake manifold on that thing and make another 20whp!

And this is no longer 86mm stroke, its a square 92x92.

I don't think he is on here to talk trash, its just nice to see nissan has something to keep up w the big h and k guys!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As I said over on K20a.org, im having a hard time believing 2446cc with only 12.5:1 compression and a cam that is comparable to a stock K20a2 cam, can make 240lb/ft of torque at the wheels.... just doesnt add up imo
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jmarsh
Decked setup?

This is a AEBS sleeved block with the stock deck. We cant use deck plates like hondas to use larger cranks.

You fail to realize K20/K24 motors use a longer rod and have a better rod ratio being a under square motor. Our stock stroke is 86mm.

To achieve what we have achieved on a square, shorter stroke motor says alot. Putting HP to the side, look at the TQ. With small cams/IM we are putting down more TQ than worked K24's, not to mention doing it on 93 pump.
I see didn't pay attention to the last pictures. What sort of dyno, sae corrected? Yosolo has tuned a couple 300+ whp k24's on 93... Impressive none the less, but saying its a k series killer is a bit OVER exaggerated.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Put up the real numbers at the track. IE: He could say it makes 400hp n/a but then run an 11.5. Track tells the truth. None the less this is quite impressive.

Last edited by J35monster; 03-22-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

380+ cfm at .500 lift? Any proof of that. Nice build tho.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by J35monster
Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Put up the real numbers at the track. IE: He could say it makes 400hp n/a but then run an 11.5. Track tells the truth. None the less this is quite impressive.
Not necessarily track numbers, but trap speed. Then this thing should be trapping in the high 110's/120 mph rage.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Professor15
380+ cfm at .500 lift? Any proof of that. Nice build tho.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The Ogre
Not necessarily track numbers, but trap speed. Then this thing should be trapping in the high 110's/120 mph rage.
Yes that's what I meant. Your correct.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

K killer. Uh no way! You're barely making 300 hp. The K's are making 350+ WHP. **** even the lil B series are making the same power you are with only 2.2 liters. I have an idea, although I don't race any of the all motor shootouts I'll gladly put $100 towards your entry fee to go race in it. I want to see you go and kill some K's.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lunatics209
K killer. Uh no way! You're barely making 300 hp. The K's are making 350+ WHP. **** even the lil B series are making the same power you are with only 2.2 liters. I have an idea, although I don't race any of the all motor shootouts I'll gladly put $100 towards your entry fee to go race in it. I want to see you go and kill some K's.
I love the fact the you do not have a clue.

This is why it is even pointless to post anything on most boards. The point was not to start a **** match over Nissan Vs. Honda but to open eyes.

Mod for mod, these motors are making more WHP/TQ on pump gas.
If you read you will see that it made that power on a stock intake manifold with the factory 60mm TB. The car also has factory cams in it.

I made the header with a smaller choke than it was spec'd for so there is plenty on power to be made while still staying on 93 pump.

Mods please delete this thread. I already see it heading downward.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't jump the gun. I'm watching it, don't worry.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lunatics209
That's what im sayin.

I love the fact the you do not have a clue.

This is why it is even pointless to post anything on most boards. The point was not to start a **** match over Nissan Vs. Honda but to open eyes.

Mod for mod, these motors are making more WHP/TQ on pump gas.
If you read you will see that it made that power on a stock intake manifold with the factory 60mm TB. The car also has factory cams in it.

I made the header with a smaller choke than it was spec'd for so there is plenty on power to be made while still staying on 93 pump.

You are aware that you are on a Honda enthusiast forum? If you make a thread in here in the k-series all motor section calling your nissan a "k-series killer", People aren't going to give you props. But more question it, Rather than congratulating you. If this thread wasn't intended to be a call out? then whats up with the title? We should get all the 10sec NA k's to join a nissan forum and call it Honda NA power> Nissan NA power... How would they react? As for your power out put and torque these are DYNO #'s where a k24 has made 275 with stock head port stock stroke stoke tb and stock cams, your point? thats 20 whp away from your built stroked bottom end with a cnc ported head setup... take it to the track lets see some trap speeds.
Shoulda just made a thread in the all motor section, showing it off maybe then you would get the props and approval you are looking for. Just saying though.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Lets not jump down his throat folks. I'm pretty sure the title was meant to be in jest. I can change it if it would get everyone's panties out of a twist.

BTW, I don't recall seeing any K motors making 350+ whp on pump gas. Can someone link me?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rochesterricer
Lets not jump down his throat folks. I'm pretty sure the title was meant to be in jest. I can change it if it would get everyone's panties out of a twist.

BTW, I don't recall seeing any K motors making 350+ whp on pump gas. Can someone link me?
pump gas as in e85 or 93? Ive seen 290-300whp on 93 im looking for the thread as we speak. The problem isn't the power the problem is the compression needed to make the 350whp. Ive seen supra's making 900 whp on e85 in front of me on stock motor!

Quick Reply: All motor Nissan setup and numbers