Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Jdm Conversion Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jdm Conversion Install

the only flaw on just changing the T bar is that you swap those brackets for the headlights on the JDM core to the USDM core
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't you cut below those brackets and reuse the jdm ones
Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dinthanonh
Can't you cut below those brackets and reuse the jdm ones
yeah thats what needs tp be done. and a little piece has to be cut off the sides of the core where the headlights go so the jdm ones fit flush
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by NecroFIesh
i appreciate both opinions, regardless...good info!!

EDIT: just noticed the T Bar isn't currently available from pwjdm, just the whole new radiator support...sucks.
I've never known anyone to sell just the "T" bar, Its usually the whole radiator support or the individual pieces (Latch support, headlight pockets, upper tie bar, lower reinf, etc)

Best and the easiest way is to Drill the holes between the lower and upper sections so that on both your USDM and JDM you end up having that "T" with the Latch Support and headlamp pockets attached to the Upper tie bar.

The Best drill bit to use is they type that have a flatter tip vs a V type tip, Home Depot sells them I forget if its Dewalt or who makes them but for example a 1/4" bit would have a 1/8" bit for a tip, helps to center and start a hole but also is great when you drill out the parts of the support because it leaves more metal on the structure and allows you to just drill out the weld and give you metal to reweld the new parts too.

There is no benefit to removing the full support, anyone who says its better to do it that way is just plain wrong. You have much more of a chance of welding the support off center or messing something up and its alot more work. I've done it both ways and have a background in bodywork and would only do the full support if the lower on the car was damaged.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=Mike M;42174917]I've never known anyone to sell just the "T" bar, Its usually the whole radiator support or the individual pieces (Latch support, headlight pockets, upper tie bar, lower reinf, etc)

yeah, Passwordjdm sold just the T-Bar for like $200 something just a week ago I believe...seemed legit too. I guess they either sold out of them or (hope not) discontinued that option...