Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

OMG CAR DIED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG CAR DIED HELP!!!

okay soo Ive had my car for about a month now and found out what problems it has, so far I found:

-both 02 sensors are shot, need to be replaced
-drivers side rack and pinion is leaking
-Vehicle speed sensor needs to be replaced

so I woke up today and had this bright idea of resetting the ECU since I just replaced the aftermarket muffler with a stock GSR one so I pulled the ECU fuse from the bay, waited 5 minutes, put it back in, turned the car on, let it idle,
AND AFTER 3 MINUTES THE CAR JUST BOGGED OUT AND CUT OFF, now it wont start, but it cranks, you guys have ANY ideas???

oh btw, its a 2000 LS manual, only mod is an intake!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 AM

are you getting spark and fuel
Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 AM

Default Re: (beatthisspeed69)

I guess thats my first step, I know how to check for spark but I forgot how to check for fuel....

turn ignition and listen to injectors for fuel flow????
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (EvoEnvy)

Since you've been trying to start it, there should already be gas on the plugs if its making it into there.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM

Default Re: (St Jimmy)

thats true, so I'll check for spark.... I dont understand why this is happening, all I did was reset the ECU! maybe the ECU was chipped? I dunno im so pissed right now!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (EvoEnvy)

Any CELs?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 AM

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (Dogginator)

ok Im not getting any spark, took off distributor cap, noticed prongs on the inside were worn down, went to Advance, bought a new cap and rotor, came back, slapped them on, still wont start!!! I noticed when I swapped the spark plug wires from the old dizzy to the new one there is some kind of gel/silicone shyt on the metal part of the wires that connects to the dizzy cap, I was like WTF is this stuff? Never seen that before! Is this normal? What is that stuff? Or should I clean it off?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:34 AM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure that's normal. I don't think you should clean it off. I'm trying to figure out exactly what it's called right now, but I think it is some sort of sealant and conductor gel.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (mrdeadman)

okay, good thing I didnt wipe it off, anyhow my car STILL doesnt start and im all out of ideas, only thing I can think of is the ignitor coil went bad inside the distributor. I really dont believe that no spark is the problem, I think the problem is in the ECU since I reset it, or at least tryed to until the car died...HAHA Any other ideas guys?? This is killing me!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try to check power at the ignition coil. remove the distributor cap. one wire of the coil should have power at all times with the key on. have someone crank the engine and check the other wire at the coil. one wire should stay lite and the other should flash very fast. if it does what is listed the ignition coil is bad. you can use a test light to check it out. i have seen ignition coils fail just like that ! let me know what you find out.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 PM

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (93DALSVTEC)

hmmm this may be a stupid question but if I check the ECU codes will it read a bad ignition coil???? Think ima borrow the scanner port from Advanced Auto for the hell of it
Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 AM

okay so heres the update:

I went to AutoZone and said *** it, bought a new ignition coil, came home slapped it on, CAR STARTED ON THE SECOND TRY, LET IT IDLE FOR 2-3 MINUTES AND THEN IT CUT OFF!!!! I started it back up and gave it some gas but as soon as I let it idle it cut off! WTF IS GOING ON?? Im starting to lean towards that its a fuel problem, the car probably would have started even if I didnt changed the ignition coil, but then again I have to see if the car is getting spark??? Im so confused now, someone help me end this misery!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

have you or anyone messed with the idle screw at the throttle body ? may want to check that.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

replace the fuel filter, make sure the fuel pump is priming, if it sounds like its struggling then replace that too. then go from there...
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 AM

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (VTEC_PRODUCTION)

No ive never messed with the idle screw, when I started it up it idled fine for about 2 minutes then shut off, then when I started it again the only way to keep it running was to give it some gas

Oh yea i failed to mention that my car ran out of gas on me last week, I found out the hard way when it shut off on me on the highway, my gas gauge is wrong it read 1/4 tank at the time, the previous owner failed to mention this to me, that sucked! Yea i think ima try a new fuel filter, ima try to start it again before I go get the new filter, stay tuned! thanks guys!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM

alrightttttt so it looks like I have a little fuel problem, basically car is not getting fuel, its getting spark, sounds like it wants to start giving that rolling sound but no fuel, I took out 2 spark plugs, cranked it, and didnt smell any gas, I HOPE its not the fuel pump!!!

so im guessing I start at the pump first, then work my way forward, any advice guys?? thanks again!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

By luck the fuel filter went out when the ECU was reset? Replace that first its cheaper.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (DA_9)

i would try the fuel filter first also. fuel pumps on these cars do not fail very often, even if you ran out of gas. you can also try to crack the fuel line loose at the fuel filter and have someone crank the engine over, if you get a good spray of fuel most likely the fuel pressure is okay. good luck.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Default Re: OMG CAR DIED HELP!!! (93DALSVTEC)

thanks man, im gonna try that tommorow morning and see what happens, keep ya posted!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when you turn the key to the on position, before you start it, do you hear the fuel pump come on and prime? If not then it could be wiring, or if you have a bad fuelpump its not that big of a deal..89 bucks for an aftermarket one and its a quick swap. Sometimes depending on the way my ECU jumper harness is positioned my car will not idle or run funny, so check all connections.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:20 AM

Default Re: (deadmemoryy)

ECU jumper harness? what is that? Is it that blue plug? If it is, that thing is hanging underneath my glovebox near the ECU...lol Ive never messed with it, I use the plug behind the radio to hookup the scanner port that reads the ECU codes

if Im wrong please let me know what your talking about! lol thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 AM

happened to mine awhile back turned out to be the aftermarket alarm system. had to pull the brain out started right up..but my didnt even crank. what about the IACV? could that be clogged??
Old 02-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Default Re: (AsSanitySlipsAway)

AND NOW FOR THE THRILLER ENDING!!!!!!

turns out the gas in my tank had water in it!!! Basically I was ready to replace the fuel filter so I disconnected the line from the fuel rail, got a plastic cup and filled it up by turning the ignition on. There were water vapors/spots around the sides of the cup, I was like WTF this is water!!!!

So then I drained the gas tank into a tub and saw the water sitting at the bottom, then I got some fresh gas and added some STP gas treatment and started the car and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. PROBLEM SOLVED

I bought the bad gas at a SHELL gas station, and im sure it was 89 octane, how can I go about making a complaint??? My friend had an Integra and purchased bad gas at a Hess gas station and ruined his engine and he told me they actually paid for his engine to be replaced. I guess he kept his reciept and the gas in a container to show proof.

Im just glad this is all over, now I can finally drive my teg and wait for the next problem to happen...haha Thanks guys!!