Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

D3300 - DC2 Race Car Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D3300 - DC2 Race Car Build

Originally Posted by LankorDie
This thread was amazing to stumble across, please keep updating! Wonderful work, and great driving
Thank you for the kind words.. i have a handful of updates that will be going up soon.

-Nicole
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a little update..

The final run
September 22, 2018
Driver: Nicole Cervantes
Car: 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Organization: Speed Ventures
Track/ Configuration: Buttonwillow 13CW
Skill Level: Advance
Class: Street
First Time of the day: 2:12.780
Final Time of the day: 2:10.649

This was my last track event at Buttonwillow achieving a new personal best I got a 2:10. The integra was at its best ever since first driving Buttonwillow 13CW some years ago. So much progression and time put into this project. Since this track event the car has been sold to a new owner. I will be back again.. hehehe.. Thanks for all the support over the years! (Sorry for the late post I just got around to editing the footage.) Enjoy the bloopers of track encounters at the end!

-Nicole

Old 05-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you hit your personal best on that session. What was the deciding factor to sell your integra? What are you thinking of replacing the integra with and did you lose your butt on the integra or re-coup a substantial amount towards your next point of focus? Thanks over the last year or so for motivating us all here in the forum.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by REC-ek
Thanks for the update. Good to hear you hit your personal best on that session. What was the deciding factor to sell your integra? What are you thinking of replacing the integra with and did you lose your butt on the integra or re-coup a substantial amount towards your next point of focus? Thanks over the last year or so for motivating us all here in the forum.
Thank you!! Selling my Integra was basically a life decision. I moved out of California and I didn't have the space to store my race car anymore. Selling the race car I did lose money but in the end I never did it for profit this is my 2nd race car I built and both times I lost money but it was always ok with me because it made me happy to do what I did. I might build my FA5 in the future, but again as I get older I am focusing on other parts of my life right now. Trust me it was a hard decision because that car was basically a part of me for a very long time, I was happy to have experience everything that I did and grow my skills and meet some amazing people in my travels.

*side note I wish I had the time to finish the last of the updates.

-Nicole
Old 05-31-2019, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where did you move too? was it cause california was too expensive?

Last edited by sjg88; 05-31-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For a motorsports enthusiast you should never look at these things from a financial stand point when selling off a car or bike in terms of being ahead or behind. Instead you should be looking at the enjoyment that you achieved from the years or wrenching, racing and friends you made along the way. You may not re-coupe all the money you put into the car but remember you didn't just spend money for a car, you spent that money to get everything that came with motorsports. If you look at it that way I'd say you came out far ahead.

I enjoyed watching this thread and wish you all the best with whatever you are doing now!
Old 06-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sjg88
where did you move too? was it cause california was too expensive?

Moved to Nevada and yes California was getting pricey to live in but it was mainly just needed a change. There is still plenty of race tracks out here
Old 06-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Prudz_lude
For a motorsports enthusiast you should never look at these things from a financial stand point when selling off a car or bike in terms of being ahead or behind. Instead you should be looking at the enjoyment that you achieved from the years or wrenching, racing and friends you made along the way. You may not re-coupe all the money you put into the car but remember you didn't just spend money for a car, you spent that money to get everything that came with motorsports. If you look at it that way I'd say you came out far ahead.

I enjoyed watching this thread and wish you all the best with whatever you are doing now!
Thank you I appreciate the kind words! Yeah I knew I would lose money always going into any project I got myself into but it was always for pure enjoyment. The challenges that I conquered with the build to the mental challenges of improving as a driver. Every time I was out on track I would challenge myself to improve and take into consideration if I changed anything or even changed settings. It was a great experience to build the dream race car that I always wanted I know I wasn't done and it always seemed like it was never finished but the car felt amazing for what it was I hope the new owner takes good care of it.

-Nicole
Old 06-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

if you buy good quality parts at a good price and install them yourself
then you are actually saving a lot plus all the other benefits
already mentioned.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...civic-3114911/
Old 06-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

we all have to move on to bigger better things. I still would like another dc/db integra but parts are starting to be discontinue so its a 50/50 chance I might get back in one.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tamboo
if you buy good quality parts at a good price and install them yourself
then you are actually saving a lot plus all the other benefits
already mentioned.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...civic-3114911/

Very true, that's why I decided to do a public build journal. When it was time for the overhaul, only OEM Honda parts along with some good quality aftermarket parts were used. Never had any problems no more leaks not even one drip the car looked brand new, like it rolled off a showroom floor lol. There were countless hours put in to the race car. I learned earlier to not use cheap parts and get the right stuff because you will find yourself replacing those parts somewhere down the line. The motto to do it once and do it right stuck with me for a very long time. Money was never an option probably now a 3k worth car was now worth over 10k but it never bothered me. Because I did what I loved and love Honda's. I can remember going to the race track and having some people from my organization that probably had way crazier engine builds and thousands put into their cars say, "damn how is your car still running" and "your car runs no matter what." It was a simple build with the original engine but I worked mainly on the suspension, brakes and good tires because it made sense to as I was trying to max out my driving rather than the car and also stay within my point system for street class.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...9234093/?hl=en
Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
we all have to move on to bigger better things. I still would like another dc/db integra but parts are starting to be discontinue so its a 50/50 chance I might get back in one.
Yes, there were some things that were easy to buy for me and some things that weren't stocked locally so the waiting sucked. I wouldn't mind another DC2 they were fun and easy to work on and if something broke it was easy to find at the local parts store.