Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Buying an Integra that's missing the Crankshaft Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an Integra that's missing the Crankshaft Pulley

Hi everyone. I'm a first time buyer, and today I'm on my way to see a 1999 Integra with a B20B in it that has about 175k miles on it.
The guy told me it doesn't run because the Crankshaft Pulley came off.
I would like to know if it's a hard fix and if it's worth buying. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old 06-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Buying an Integra that's missing the Crankshaft Pulley

Originally Posted by RuizEddie88
Hi everyone. I'm a first time buyer, and today I'm on my way to see a 1999 Integra with a B20B in it that has about 175k miles on it.
The guy told me it doesn't run because the Crankshaft Pulley came off.
I would like to know if it's a hard fix and if it's worth buying. Does anyone have experience with this?
that's A BAD SIGHN if the harmonic balancer came off, it is a crucial component on the engine, That pulley should never come off, 9 out of 10 times even if you can get the 19mm bolt off the pulley is still hard to pull of the crank snout, unless it was removed properly and not re installed I would stay away from it until the owner explains why its off and starts the engine and you get a test drive, Owner should have the pulley, bolt and woodruff key for the pulley and it is very easy to install it back on and put at least the alternator belt on so the engine can be started.