Notices

Prelute vs Integramino

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelute vs Integramino

Sometime within the next five years (when I have a garage / kids get a little older) I'm going to start one of the following projects:

(altered above, originals below - apologies / thanks to whoever owns these cars)

At least one of these will go beyond being a photoshop experiment and go through the necessary engineering rigor to become a durable reality, including finite element analysis, structural+suspension rework and proper fiberglass bodywork and paint. I'm also planning to update it with modern electronics like a CarPlay-ready deck, backup camera, etc, and some TBD augmentation to the powertrain, but that's secondary. I'm aiming to eventually be close to show-car quality but still have it be useable on a daily basis for hauling bicycles, home improvement building materials and equipment (payload 600-700lb).

I've always liked the BB6 Prelude and it's also the least practical mainstream-classic Honda (small rear seats, small trunk not a hatch) so it seemed a natural choice. The proportions also lend themselves to a more El Camino-like result. But compared to a DC5 Type-S it's heavier without meaningful additional torque, has rear double wishbones (vs. semi trailing arms) that will reduce the useable size of the bed, and has an older, oil-hungry engine with no 6MT option and fewer 'easy' mods. I want to be sure I'm barking up the 'right' tree before diving into the very involved background research on one car.

So I welcome all constructive comments to start me off right! Particularly with regard to donor car and the suitability of the structure. Time is on my side... for now. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prelute vs Integramino

Actual Prelute build thread has been started in the Prelude section:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...elute-3306744/
Old 09-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: Prelute vs Integramino

Edit: Just realized the build thread has started. Very nice!