Header Done by Burns Stainless LLC Sr20 NA thin gage 321 SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (njn63)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njn63 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He wouldn't tell us the price because of people like you that were going to talk **** about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so what.. 2500 dollars is a tad bit ridiculous if you ask me?

burns **** is top notch, i am running thei muffler on my 4" exhaust, but still..
Old 10-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (BoostedJeff)

Super nice piece, I hope I can weld that well some day
Old 10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so what.. 2500 dollars is a tad bit ridiculous if you ask me?

burns **** is top notch, i am running thei muffler on my 4" exhaust, but still.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

once again till you can fabricate a piece like this please do not question the price. there is a lot of hours in simply shaping and just fitting tubes due to the thin nature of the material. Wedling time was a lot and 321 stainless is about twice the price of 304 we have a fair labor rate of 90/hr
Old 10-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like that header idea, no more hassle of getting the gasket between the header and collector down there in..
Old 10-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The price seems just about right to me.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ManBearPig4silly)

nice header.

I remember drooling all over the burns stuff laying around at Dinan.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
GDD Lonely Krew

omg who gives a sh*t about the price? this post was not meant to tell everyone how mucha custom burns header costs. this guys is merely showing us how pimp his products are and how skilled his fab guy is. take it as that and nothing more. never have i seen such childish banter, wow.

kasey beautiful piece. i hope to be able to use even a muffler from your company at one point.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (the_unknown)

hahahahaha... i laugh... i laugh.

You get what you pay for. And this fella did just that.... 321 is very expensive and harder to weld IMO then 304.... especially considering the .035 wall thickness!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:02 PM
OG Fabricator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks hot. your fab guy inspires me.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:23 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: (Ekasey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ekasey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once again till you can fabricate a piece like this please do not question the price. there is a lot of hours in simply shaping and just fitting tubes due to the thin nature of the material. Wedling time was a lot and 321 stainless is about twice the price of 304 we have a fair labor rate of 90/hr</TD></TR></TABLE>

That labor price is cheaper than most of the auto dealerships in SoCal, isn't it? Hell, its only slightly more expensive than the dealerships up here. Not bad if you ask me.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: (rochesterricer)

to me its more of a peice of artwork then a header
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (InfamousDC2FI)

some people are pretty lame.

Casey is a good, guy. That works for a company that just happens to do EXTREMLY EXTREMLY good work.

any one every heard of C6R's? those little yellow corvettes that own ALMS and the 24 hour&gt;&gt;.....

no disrespect to other fabracators here, but burns is on another level, end of story.

These guys don't sell **** that doesn't make power. I was interested in a header, they had spent ALOT of time doing R&D, simply to tell me. You don't need to spend the money on one of our products we can't make any more power. Thats some stand up **** right there, IMO.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

Like stated earlier, I know guys who paid into the mid 3k range for a custom 321 header that's a one off design. Power allmotor costs money, but brings the respect.

Hey, if you've got the money, spend it. That's my philosophy.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:12 PM

Not really. When dealing with trying to build highly tuned NA motors with big cams and a lot of overlap, you simply cannot make power without a proper header. An off the shelf header simply won't work. With big cams being off by 1" can have a 7-10% impact on power!

With SR20's there is not that much of a choice when choosing from off the shelf headers. For years I struggled at around the 175 whp point. Tuning, cams, headwork and stuff only seemed to move the powerband around. Then I designed and had built a custom header which kicked me into the 185 whp range just like that.

Casey convinced me that he could build a better header than I could so I went with his radicaly different design and you guys can see the results.

Bascialy from 175 to 204 whp with just a header over the closest off the shelf piece. 40 more lb/ft or torque at low revs too. When you think about it, that normaly takes a supercharger to pull off at those low revs.

If this engine had more compression and deeper valve relifes on the pistons so I could tighten the lobe centers more it would make even more hp. If it had non stock rods so I could spin it harder it would have way more area under the power curve as well. Plus its losing 6 whp due to bad ring seal over my 175 hp pulls years ago.

This header would probably make 210 whp on a fresh engine.

With shelf headers this engine was unstreetable, it had no power below 5k rpm and was a slip the clutch to get going pig. It would lope going down the freeway. Now it pulls down low and you can lugg it down, then it just pulls and screams all the way to the rev limiter. The header transformed the way the car drives.

When you take this into perspective, it looks worth it to me.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:05 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Header Done by Burns Stainless LLC Sr20 NA thin gage 321 SS (90blackcrx)

Old 10-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (morepower2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by morepower2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not really. When dealing with trying to build highly tuned NA motors with big cams and a lot of overlap, you simply cannot make power without a proper header. An off the shelf header simply won't work. With big cams being off by 1" can have a 7-10% impact on power!

With SR20's there is not that much of a choice when choosing from off the shelf headers. For years I struggled at around the 175 whp point. Tuning, cams, headwork and stuff only seemed to move the powerband around. Then I designed and had built a custom header which kicked me into the 185 whp range just like that.

Casey convinced me that he could build a better header than I could so I went with his radicaly different design and you guys can see the results.

Bascialy from 175 to 204 whp with just a header over the closest off the shelf piece. 40 more lb/ft or torque at low revs too. When you think about it, that normaly takes a supercharger to pull off at those low revs.

If this engine had more compression and deeper valve relifes on the pistons so I could tighten the lobe centers more it would make even more hp. If it had non stock rods so I could spin it harder it would have way more area under the power curve as well. Plus its losing 6 whp due to bad ring seal over my 175 hp pulls years ago.

This header would probably make 210 whp on a fresh engine.

With shelf headers this engine was unstreetable, it had no power below 5k rpm and was a slip the clutch to get going pig. It would lope going down the freeway. Now it pulls down low and you can lugg it down, then it just pulls and screams all the way to the rev limiter. The header transformed the way the car drives.

When you take this into perspective, it looks worth it to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

in other words it was worth every penny.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Header = $19

Honda-Tech= priceless

YIKES I said it! :runs:
Old 10-21-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: (morepower2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by morepower2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With SR20's there is not that much of a choice when choosing from off the shelf headers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

very nice piece ...it's seems like it is getting harder to find parts for the b13/b14s
Old 10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
2nd Coolest Person in DFW

Default Re: (njn63)

basically, unless you have a turbo vehicle, an american V8 or a honda, you've got to pay (big) to play. thats an awesome fab job, and it really put down some numbers. great work.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: (tharptroy)

Plus most Sentra guys are really very very cheap. They patronize OBX and EBAY and its driven all the quality companies out of the market or out of business. Honda guys are kinda the same but since Hondas are so popular, there are still quite a few cool hardcore people to keep development going.

Most of the hard core SE-R guys from the Honda vs Nissan TV show days have jumped to EVO's STi's and the like. Or they quit street cars and now consentrate on road racing or autocrossing seriously. The remander are broke punk *** kids with attitudes.

Its still sorta nuts to make a header that worth as much as the whole car! But I guess its what I need to make my new motor break into the 230-240 whp range.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a masterpiece!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, that filler rod is like dental floss

Nice work as expected from burns. I've been meaning to get in contact with kasey on R&D'ing a manifold for me but funds are low right now for materials and time
Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WAHHHT ?! 240whp get a K-series Nissan man.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

I have an EK thats going to get that when I get around to it. I am one of the guys that gives Ron at IPS a hand.

aAnyway the SR is a different challange, plenty of turbo stuff but few all motor options.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header Done by Burns Stainless LLC Sr20 NA thin gage 321 SS (Ekasey)

sulten of stainless in da house!

Quick Reply: Header Done by Burns Stainless LLC Sr20 NA thin gage 321 SS