Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

wierd fuse and main relay problem. h2b civic please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd fuse and main relay problem. h2b civic please help!!

ok i know most of you are going to think the obvious but its not the obvious. i will start by posting the problem and then what i have done or checked to fix the problem.

car wont start it just cranks and cranks. i have a solid check engine light and keep blowing the alternator sp fuse. now i all ready tested the main relay in a friends car and tried 2 ecus. i hear the main relay click once but wont click again to prime the fuel pump. i know the fuel pump works when i jump it so that's not the problem. also my thermostat ground is good i get continuity from the ground pins on the ecu all the way to the seat rails.

here is the really weird part. with no alternator fuse in place i get continuity between the to sides of the fuse holder. ok that means there is a short somewhere. but when i test the main relay one step says put the negative probe on the black wire and the other on the yellow w/ green. i get battery voltage like i should. here is the catch on the flow chart it states if no voltage exists check the alternator fuse. I DON'T HAVE ONE IN PLACE!! but i still get the voltage.

just so you know i tried disconnecting the sensors one by one that associate with the alternator fuse and it blows every time. im not running the intake manifold brace so its not rubbing on that. its also a brand new engine harness. i think its either the eld its self or the dash harness.
the only thing i can think off is replace the dash harness.

CLIFF NOTES
car doesnt start, solid check engine light, good main relay, alternator fuse keeps blowing, using brand new engine harness, good ecu, good grounds.

please help me figure this out!!