Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Weird issue on my F20B Civic EG!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 01:24 AM
SSK
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issue on my F20B Civic EG!

Hello,
I have a F20B swapped EG running on a chipped OBD1 P08.

Im facing a strange issue and that is when ever I am accelerating and I hit above 130 KM/H on the Speedo, all of a sudden my headlights starts dimming like there is a huge voltage drop, Speedo and Tach also jumps at that specific time and the VTEC gets disengaged.

When I pull the 1st gear till rev limiter = All okay
2nd gear till limiter = All okay
3rd Gear and crossing 130 KM/H = This voltage drop, Tach and Speedo Jump and No Vtec Happens.

I have cleaned the battery terminals, checked the alternator grips, all seems fine. Checked the Cluster by connecting the speedo wire to the tach wire and revvig it till the Speedo goes to 180 KM/H just to see if its a bad Cluster but nothing happens. I also changed the VSS but again the same issue.

What could be the issue?
Im tired of this and has caused me a serious depression

Old 05-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird issue on my F20B Civic EG!

hello ,
i see you've changed VSS, cleaned terminals and would you kindly do me a favour get your generator checked plus the cutout . it happened to me in near past the same issue on H22a my generator was giving high voltage on high revs the only problem is on first and second gear you'r not stable on high rpm on third you are stable on 4k to above so your generator is either dropping the charging volts or raising them . and if you're in pakistan get your chip checked if it has the speed limit activated on this .
Best Regards,
Zak Motorsports .
Old 05-28-2016, 03:45 AM
SSK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird issue on my F20B Civic EG!

Originally Posted by zakmotorsports
hello ,
i see you've changed VSS, cleaned terminals and would you kindly do me a favour get your generator checked plus the cutout . it happened to me in near past the same issue on H22a my generator was giving high voltage on high revs the only problem is on first and second gear you'r not stable on high rpm on third you are stable on 4k to above so your generator is either dropping the charging volts or raising them . and if you're in pakistan get your chip checked if it has the speed limit activated on this .
Best Regards,
Zak Motorsports .

Hey i see you too from PK.
If its a overcharging issue then why a voltage drop and lights dimming? it should brighten the lights instead, and why speedo jumps?