Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Smog car with OS PR3 piston in gsr

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog car with OS PR3 piston in gsr

Hey there fellow Honda-tech'ers. I have a set of .20 over RS Machine PR3 pistons, I was going to throw it into my B18c1(GSR) motor with everything else being stock. What do you guys think about going to smog my car with this setup. I have many aftermarket things waiting to be put on but not until Im done smoging my car. My car is a 1994 gsr with stock ob1 ecu with everything else hooked on. Just want to ask you guys before I actually take my motor out and take it to the machine shop to put my new stuff in. By the way I think my piston rings are going bad anyways for having almost 200k miles on it and still running like a champ...Its not burning oil but when I smash on it, It has white smoke throwing from the back, maybe the reason for it because of the straight pipe and no catylitic converter???Thanks ahead of time. -ko
Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Smog car with OS PR3 piston in gsr (2slowGs-R)

Well the pistons will raise Nox because of higher comp. But that is not your least problem.... you need a cat. The cat does the most as far as reducing emissions.

So no problem w/pistons, Go for a stock cat for your car. You will need a stock one to reduce the extra Nox. Aftermarket stock repl cat is OK. High flow cats usually just barely get you thru and not recommended.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man...I do have a stock cat that I will be using along with the whole stock pipe and headers...Basically my car will be stock just with new piston....I know that high flow barely gets you through because it happened to me before......thanks for the info.