Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Skunk2 Intake Manifold & Alpha Exhaust Header Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 Intake Manifold & Alpha Exhaust Header Questions

I have a question and I need your guys help and suggestion I'm planning to install a skunk2 manifold header and a exhaust header and I have been doing research and it's giving me for exhaust header either a regular skunk2 header or alpha series skunk2 which one should I use, would you recommend getting gages after installing the parts and is it require to get a dyno tune after I install those 2 parts If so where is the best place I can get a dyno because I live in erie,pa and there is nowhere that has a dyno shop for honda's.

Thank you
Old 08-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Intake Manifold & Alpha Exhaust Header Questions

You'll find out really quick that people don't really like to help you here. It is expected for you to do your own research on the internet. But as far as the difference between the headers, the @lpha series is basically a cheaper version of the megapower but better than oem. Gauges are a personal preference, but you definitely need to tune because of the performance upgrade. Dyno...... Unless you thing those two bolt ons will give you tons of ponys, I wouldn't was all that money on a dyno, tune is expensive as it is.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What sort of gauges are you talking about, OP? And no, you don't NEED to get it tuned after installing those two things, but to really get performance out of them, yes, it's required. What year, model and engine?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:39 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by DumpdEJ6
What sort of gauges are you talking about, OP? And no, you don't NEED to get it tuned after installing those two things, but to really get performance out of them, yes, it's required. What year, model and engine?
Gauge selection really depends upon the purpose of the car. However, I've found that oil pressure and oil temperature are the good ones to have for NA use. It's more than once saved some engines I've owned and experienced.