Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Omnipower suspension... good or not ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (artifex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by artifex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i don't know where you got $1200 from... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Read the entire thread.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (2.2L)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2L &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which do you guys prefer for street use..

Tein or Omnipower suspension?</TD></TR></TABLE>
im interested about this too because their around the same price range with alike features
Old 02-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MugenRacerX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenRacerX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">of course this is only my opionion but I think a lot of people confuse bouncy as in the suspenion is bouncy with the suspension is stiff as hell and the car is not bouncing your just not in your seat tight enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh?
Old 02-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonsense)

He explains it in the rest of his post. I agree as to his definitions of bouncy vs stiff.
Bouncy = you hit a bump and cars keeps going up and down for a bit afterwards.
Stiff = you hit a bump, and the car jolts hard and thats it.
Obviously not everyone will use the same definitions, but I think that in future talks regarding this sort of thing, people should explain clearly what they feel is bouncy or stiff.
Also, people should keep in mind that ride quality is a subjective matter, and one person's "too stiff" is another person's "not stiff enough".
Old 02-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (imjac1)

I just got back from a 880 mile drive to VIR from Chicago, drove HPDE2 on Saturday/Sunday (complete with curb-hopping in 5a/6/uphill esses/oaktree/etc.) and they handled it all well. My back was a little sore after the 13 hour drive out there, but it was fine on the way home. It's a good compromise setup for street and track, and a super bargain. 12K front, 10K rear Sports for ITR.

-Chris
Old 02-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (blacks13ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blacks13ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im interested about this too because their around the same price range with alike features</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i was wondering this too. i'm in the market and both seem decent. generally speaking, how do they compare?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (Noob4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noob4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He explains it in the rest of his post. I agree as to his definitions of bouncy vs stiff.
Bouncy = you hit a bump and cars keeps going up and down for a bit afterwards.
Stiff = you hit a bump, and the car jolts hard and thats it.
Obviously not everyone will use the same definitions, but I think that in future talks regarding this sort of thing, people should explain clearly what they feel is bouncy or stiff.
Also, people should keep in mind that ride quality is a subjective matter, and one person's "too stiff" is another person's "not stiff enough". </TD></TR></TABLE>

its all about the bump and rebump setting... a shock work in two ways... stiff is a good thing but bouncy is not a good thing but again its a question of perception...

if the valving is well adjusted from factory for a specific car it can be a really good deal for the street. If Omni did only one setting who is on a Subaru and the same on a Civic there is a problem. They cant solve this by adding stiffer spring or softer spring.

I personnaly bought a kit for my Civic before all this debate begin and I didnt tried them yet. I wont write any opinion before I try them. Believe me that if they are not okay for my Civic I will let you know ! Im a racing driver in Formula Ford and im used to work with my Penske ( the latest generation ) so I know how a car should be setted for the street ( what can be acceptable...)

I will do a full write up in 2 month
Old 02-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (yellowturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its all about the bump and rebump setting... </TD></TR></TABLE>

rebump huh...
Old 02-21-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: (Tyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

rebump huh... </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry im used to speak french lol... bump is when the shock absorb something and rebump is the opposate when the shock extend like when you go fast on the top of the hill or when you are cornering a curve... the interior shock are in extension and the outside are in compression.

sorry if im not clear...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JVR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats funny, I found a 5 page thread titled "omnipower full coilovers out for DAs now?? got ?s". Oh hey, look who the author is...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1120101</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah well none of that explains about DAs. its about differ spring rates on different cars and how they are different on each. read it, it got taken over by people on other topics
Old 03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2ndgent3g)

Getting some Omnis soon for my accord on monday. I will let you guys know how it feels on the accord as soon as i get it on.

amazing how this thread has turned into an explanation of what is "STIFF."
Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Accord_Kid)

Whats amazing about it? Ride quality is an important factor in most people's decisions to buy coilovers, so naturally a discussion about the quality of a specific coilover would include some mention of stiffness, and since stiffness is subjective, different people will offer differing opinions.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accord_Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"STIFF."</TD></TR></TABLE>

heh heh, heh heh, he said stiff.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris F)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noob4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats amazing about it? Ride quality is an important factor in most people's decisions to buy coilovers, so naturally a discussion about the quality of a specific coilover would include some mention of stiffness, and since stiffness is subjective, different people will offer differing opinions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so have you defined or standardized stiff yet if its so important?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Read much?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since stiffness is subjective, different people will offer differing opinions.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Kinda tough to define a subjective feeling.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:58 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sorry im used to speak french lol... bump is when the shock absorb something and rebump is the opposate when the shock extend like when you go fast on the top of the hill or when you are cornering a curve... the interior shock are in extension and the outside are in compression.

sorry if im not clear... </TD></TR></TABLE>

bound and rebound
Old 03-06-2005, 06:16 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (GetawayinMoscow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayinMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

bound and rebound </TD></TR></TABLE>
Compression and rebound.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Compression and rebound.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Bump and rebound.