Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Omnipower suspension... good or not ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (Hella_JDM)

ok leme rephrase for that dude... i think he wants to kno... the stiffness as far as ride confortability.... is it bumpy//bouncy stuff like that... if anythign ill let u kno on friday im gettin my order in today!

Old 01-05-2005, 12:49 PM

it look like they are not too bad at all... I dunno if they will last for long.. I think that they are warranty for 2 full years and they are rebuiltable too... Tokico and KYB are not rebuiltable...
Old 01-05-2005, 12:50 PM
.RJ

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and they are rebuiltable too... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Even though no one has been able to say who will be rebuilding them.....
Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, but if you know shocks very well, you will know what to expect based on its construction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, good assumption. You know what they say about assumptions? Thats a very weak argument and the worst basis to go around making decisions on. "look at the quality". Have YOU owned or even held a set of these?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No one has stepped up to send a set to Koni or Eibach for testing...... even though "omniman" lives 20 min from eibach.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats our job? No its not. Its not "omnimans" job either. Ever consider the possibility that maybe they dont want to just hand over a free set of their suspension to a major competitor? I wouldnt.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:34 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (KOALA YUMMIES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, good assumption. You know what they say about assumptions? Thats a very weak argument and the worst basis to go around making decisions on. "look at the quality". Have YOU owned or even held a set of these?</TD></TR></TABLE>

When the person making the "assumptions" makes his living by designing and builing shocks (i.e. Lee Grimes @ Koni) and has tested more shocks than we'll ever even see in our lifetime, then I'd say its a pretty fair one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe they dont want to just hand over a free set of their suspension to a major competitor? I wouldnt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Eibach does not sell dampers for honda/acuras. They're not a major competitor, and Omni would get his product back after testing was done. But if you wanted one of the most respected people in the suspension industry to test your product for your customers to see, then why not do it? Unless you know what they will find on the shock dyno and dont want that information revealed.....

Why are your shorts in a bunch?
Old 01-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why are your shorts in a bunch?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They're not. In fact I dont think I'd get omnis either (stock is perfect for me right now). Sometimes its just fun to play devil's advocate

I would love to see a shock dyno from them though, no doubt about that!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it look like they are not too bad at all... I dunno if they will last for long.. I think that they are warranty for 2 full years and they are rebuiltable too... Tokico and KYB are not rebuiltable...</TD></TR></TABLE>

just my opinion based on looks and my own reading, but i dont think theyre really "rebuildable", more like the inner damper is "replaceable" should it need to.

i think the omni design is similar to some other coilover brand design, in which they fully admit that inside the coilover suspension is a removable strut cartridge and replaceable. they also specify the company who makes the damper. omni hasnt shared any information, which is their perogative.

if these units were indeed "rebuildable", then i would expect them to be "revalvable", meaning they can be taken apart and components can be modified. that indeed would be a huge advantage and worth talking about....
Old 01-05-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: (.RJ)

Even though no one has been able to say who will be rebuilding them..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

We have learned they are not re-buidable, so if a problem arrises, we simply replace your entire strut assembly with a new one. Easy as that.

I will try to help on any question i know.

RoBearRacing honors OMNI warranty in full!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
.RJ

Default Re: (RobearRacing)

that is good info to know, the interweb misinformation bandwagon has been moving right along and I have seen people say they are rebuildable and can be revalved for higher rates by omni at some later date
Old 01-05-2005, 07:19 PM

I just got my OmniPower coilovers in. I have not put them on yet. I got the 10k,8k but I plan to swap them and put the 8k in the front and the 10k in the rear. From what I read I will be satisfied with them.
~Chuck
Old 01-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: (.RJ)

I knew they were not rebuildable

So how long is the warranty on them now?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I knew they were not rebuildable
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're just jealous because your employer won't let you rock the Omni powah!

-Chris

Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lee grimes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not well really. Not adjustable, very simple curve and mono-tube will make it ride harsher I expect (but haven't driven on it). I would say that the Omnipower wopuld stack up pretty well against the lower priced non-adjustable units and some of the cheaper adjustables. It is not a great shock from what I saw, just better than a low of shocks that come in kits at that price range. Most kit shocks in that range (and some higher priced) are total junk. I am not concerned about the Omnipower as competition for the Koni Sport even off the shelf- an apples and oranges comparison if real funciton is expected
</TD></TR></TABLE>

again he HAS TESTED THEM and that is what he said about them
Old 01-06-2005, 12:19 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (slammed_93_hatch)

the only reason omni's havent been sent to eibach is because the truth will come out . that they arnt gods gift to the suspension industry.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the only reason omni's havent been sent to eibach is because the truth will come out . that they arnt gods gift to the suspension industry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why dont we see how effective that clothes hanger in your rear window is...
Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 AM

what is this "shock dyno" and what does it test out? its been months of reading about omnipower coilovers and it seems theres still a huge debate about them. Im about to get a set in a few weeks.

A few questions though: If you send in the dampers to Koni or Eibach how much would I be paying? And how long will it take for me to get them back?

If its a reasonable price/ wait then i wouldnt mind sending them out
Just as long as they come back in good condition that is
Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (whteteg8901)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whteteg8901 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is this "shock dyno" and what does it test out? its been months of reading about omnipower coilovers and it seems theres still a huge debate about them. Im about to get a set in a few weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A shock dyno tests the damping force at different shock velocities.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (whteteg8901)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whteteg8901 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is this "shock dyno" and what does it test out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1104049

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whteteg8901 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you send in the dampers to Koni or Eibach how much would I be paying?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just the cost of shipping, not bad considering the peace of mind that you might get.

my opinion? save your money and get either a kyb agx, tokico illumina, or koni yellow with a ground control coilover setup.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why dont we see how effective that clothes hanger in your rear window is... </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol thats funny
Old 01-06-2005, 07:32 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (Nonsteezy)

Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
OG triple OG

lol
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
OG triple OG

have any of the tein dampers been tested that anyone knows of?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

which do you guys prefer for street use..

Tein or Omnipower suspension?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:21 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Omnipower suspension... good or not ? (2.2L)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2L &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which do you guys prefer for street use..

Tein or Omnipower suspension?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda or Nissan?

Generalizations dont get anyone anywhere...... be specific about your question, define what your goals and price are and then go from there - dont dont limit your options to one or the other either.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't recommend the Omnis. They are alright for street use, but just don't seem to be that good of a setup. My friend has them on his hatch, and I drive it all the time, and I'm scared to corner hard in his car. The wheels all seem to want to go seperate ways in the corners. They don't seem very solid for hard cornering, like my Teins. Plus they are a very boucy ride, not stiff, but bouncy. And very uncomfortable. For the money, I would take Ground Control/Koni anyday.

Quick Reply: Omnipower suspension... good or not ?