Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Recommend OBD-2 Hardware (Fuel Dilution)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend OBD-2 Hardware (Fuel Dilution)

Hi All, yes, I am new. Why would I post here since I have a 2018 CR-V 1.5 turbo? Well, figure you guys know your stuff. I don't want to tune, but I hope you can tell me what would be a good OBD-2 logger so I can pull the data. I just want to capture the data to put it in datazap.me. It seems like a lot of the OBD-2 hardware is junk. Can any of you recommend hardware that will allow me to pull accurate data? I want to pull it into .csv format for datazap. I have a ScanGauge and can read the temps. But, I want to log the water temp, ignition timing, boost, etc. Hondata has a setup that would be totally cool, but I don't need to flash the ECU, just log data so I can do analysis.

The engine has really, really bad fuel dilution. Honda applied a fix to make it better and now there is no heat. It starts to warm up barely reaches operating temp and then the heat goes away to hardly anything. I want to understand what is going on in this engine. Honda is telling us that fuel dilution isn't a problem and that no heat is "normal". Fuel dilution of 1% may be normal, but not 9%.

Thanks for your patience with a newbie.

Eagle
Old 02-16-2019, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recommend OBD-2 Hardware (Fuel Dilution)

I am answering my own query. I purchased BlueDriver as an OBD2 logger. Their software is good. Customer support is good so far. The end results are I am able to log into data .csv files and import into datazap.me.

looking at coolant temp, cat temp, fuel trim tab, etc.

haven’t been able to pull useful info on turbo boost PSI yet.