OPM LSD

Old 09-30-2005, 08:10 AM
.RJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPM LSD

Old 09-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (.RJ)

Looks like a PhantomGrip. I always wanted to see the OPM LSD.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

don't like the OPM unit, arr-jay?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (mstewar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't like the OPM unit, arr-jay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a for sale thread, Dood. Of course he liked it. It's the bestthing since indoor plumbing....

Old 09-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's a for sale thread, Dood. Of course he liked it. It's the bestthing since indoor plumbing....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

was I talking to you? I think not..

-mark, who REALLY likes indoor plumbing!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (mstewar)

i love how this "opm lsd" posts always get ......
Old 09-30-2005, 01:32 PM
New User

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (EdoMoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EdoMoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like a PhantomGrip. I always wanted to see the OPM LSD.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep and it works like one too, that's why a lot of people are using it.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Trial User

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Hracer)

Yep. Just like a Phantom Grip.
So I'll give you $250 for it. Just like a phantom grip.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Catch 22)

This thread is getting whored out more than RJ's mom....
Old 09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
.RJ

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread is getting whored out more than RJ's mom....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is friday double penetration night?
Old 09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Hooch'n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hooch’n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i love how this "opm lsd" posts always get ...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

by who? Who is actually *fast* and giving the ? A bunch of guys doing DEs?

Where's the credibility?

They always get the from people who haven't actually driven with one, in a race...a race they're winning. The guys actually winning races seem to like it. A lot.

And not bullshit races. 75 car, lap record setting (or very nearly so) races. None of this three to five seconds off the pace stuff where you win if you happen to show up and not be a hack.

BTW - understand that a full race diff from OPM is a VASTLY different critter than the "I'm driving this car on the street" thing that was sold to RJ.

--Karl, who can't tell if you were kidding or serious...I drive a car with one of these things and I say it works like a million dollars...way better than my ITR diff in my own ITS car...
Old 09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
.RJ

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (krshultz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW - understand that a full race diff from OPM is a VASTLY different critter than the "I'm driving this car on the street" thing that was sold to RJ.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, my biggest beef is that I didnt ask for the street friendly version. My car isnt street friendly in the least, and I have given up on driving it anywhere except to the track and the occasional 12 mile trip to work to make sure that it wont fall apart on the way to the track after I've done a bunch of work on it.

I dont like the ITR diff either....

Tom has offered to rebuild this thing for me, and I am going to pull the trans again sunday and ship it off. Maybe I will give it another shot if I dont get any interest in this thing in the next few days.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

by who? Who is actually *fast* and giving the ? A bunch of guys doing DEs?

Where's the credibility?

They always get the from people who haven't actually driven with one, in a race...a race they're winning. The guys actually winning races seem to like it. A lot.

And not bullshit races. 75 car, lap record setting (or very nearly so) races. None of this three to five seconds off the pace stuff where you win if you happen to show up and not be a hack.

BTW - understand that a full race diff from OPM is a VASTLY different critter than the "I'm driving this car on the street" thing that was sold to RJ.

--Karl, who can't tell if you were kidding or serious...I drive a car with one of these things and I say it works like a million dollars...way better than my ITR diff in my own ITS car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

But Karl, it doesn't work.
You're not paying attention. It doesn't work, and it looks like a phantom grip.
You've won races with one and you love it. Big deal.
It doesn't work and you're a moron. You're obviously sponsored by OPM or something. Or maybe you get a special diff that really works and everyone else gets a phantom grip. Yeah... Thats it.

I'll give you $275 for it RJ, and thats my final offer. I mean, the damned thing is just a glorified PG so I couldn't possibly offer you more.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But Karl, it doesn't work.
You're not paying attention. It doesn't work, and it looks like a phantom grip.
You've won races with one and you love it. Big deal.
It doesn't work and you're a moron. You're obviously sponsored by OPM or something. Or maybe you get a special diff that really works and everyone else gets a phantom grip. Yeah... Thats it.

I'll give you $275 for it RJ, and thats my final offer. I mean, the damned thing is just a glorified PG so I couldn't possibly offer you more.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why buy crap when ITR LSD works fine in all three of my Hondas! Everytime i see a post about OPM it is something about "broken/doesn't work"...

Karl, I think OPM sucks...imo so deal
Old 10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Rather OG

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hooch’n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why buy crap when ITR LSD works fine in all three of my Hondas! Everytime i see a post about OPM it is something about "broken/doesn't work"...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO

I've always been happy with mine, too. I love me some OEM Honda.

Jason-
who thinks the RR forum should be renamed to the "hate the ITR forum."
Old 10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
.RJ

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Back in Black)

I dont like the ITR diff either. Even with my stock ITR power it would still spin the inside tire in hogpen and every time i got up on the curbing - as expected, of course.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hooch’n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why buy crap when ITR LSD works fine in all three of my Hondas! Everytime i see a post about OPM it is something about "broken/doesn't work"...

Karl, I think OPM sucks...imo so deal </TD></TR></TABLE>

On what grounds?

Give me lap times. Hell, ANY of you, you the people talking down the OPM diff (or the OPM *anything*, but that's another discussion), give me lap times. Give me race results. Give me how you compare against the top ITS guys (Corey et al in his Prelude), ITA guys (whoever in their H4 cars).

There's people setting track records running the OPM diff. There's a bunch of guys screwing around in DEs saying that it doesn't. You do the math Hoochn. Please. Explain to me how the guys running 5 seconds faster than RJ at Road Atlanta (or VIR, or wherever) are running a diff that doesn't work.

Give me lap times, and give me race results against people who are NOT hacks. Really.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:07 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Give me lap times, and give me race results against people who are NOT hacks. Really.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

At summit Kofod turned a 1:27.3 at summit in practice, and set the lap record at 1:27.6 I belive. Their car won the ITA race at the summit 12-hr, with the team I was crewing for pretty close behind and would have won if we didnt have to make an extra pit stop for brakes. Ian's car had the lap record at 1.27.8 before Kofod got it. All 3 cars have OEM ITR diffs.

I'm a hack though, and I'll readily admit that one. I'm hard on brakes, my laptimes are downright miserable at tracks I havent been to more than once or twice, and there's always at least some busted **** I'm fixing at the track.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm a hack though, and I'll readily admit that one. I'm hard on brakes, my laptimes are downright miserable at tracks I havent been to more than once or twice, and there's always at least some busted **** I'm fixing at the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See RJ, that's my point. And you seem to be missing it.

Get ten guys in a room. Five are hacks. Five are not. Which group do you believe?

Hell it's you that is trying to sell the damn thing. I'd think you'd agree with me.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See RJ, that's my point. And you seem to be missing it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since I'm a hack, then I cant tell the difference between a good, working diff and a dog turd stuffed into the diff?

I wouldnt disagree with you, neccessarily, but I would hope that with over 75 days on track I would have learned *something*.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hell it's you that is trying to sell the damn thing. I'd think you'd agree with me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the street, or at autox speeds the damn thing works great. If it worked that well at 90mph in Turn 10 at summit I wouldnt have a problem at all.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Trial User

But nobody is saying the Type R diff doesn't work...

Fowler can run 41s in his ITS VTEC Prelude at Road Atlanta. Thats at 2900lbs.
Take 200lbs of ballast out of the car and he's winning a NASA Small Bore race overall... Easily... in an H2 car... Beating the H1 track record in the process. Thats in an H2 car with a diff that doesn't work.
Hmmmmm...

All Karl is saying is this...
"Show me somebody that wins races, breaks track records, and kicks *** that has tried the OPM diff and says it doesn't work."
I don't think Karl is saying that guy isn't out there. I think he's saying that RJ and Hooch'n aren't even remotely that guy.

Carry on.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since I'm a hack, then I cant tell the difference between a good, working diff and a dog turd stuffed into the diff?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apparently not.

Either that, or you've got an impossibly bad set of circumstances leading up to this. I'm willing to give you that. I've driven three cars with this thing in it. It works, for me, but there exists the remote possibility that you've just got bad luck. Nicholson, Schimmel, Muresan, Giles, Fowler, Sage, Serra (I think), Seck (need I go on?), you know, those guys who are actually fast...they can't possibly be right.

Right?

Again, I would think that you'd think this a good thing, as you're attempting to sell
this thing.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But nobody is saying the Type R diff doesn't work...

Fowler can run 41s in his ITS VTEC Prelude at Road Atlanta.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What type of diff does this Prelude run? Just curious.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
.RJ

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Paul H22A4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparently not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Either that, or you've got an impossibly bad set of circumstances leading up to this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothing impossibly bad about anything, the diff or OPM.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">understand that a full race diff from OPM is a VASTLY different critter than the "I'm driving this car on the street" thing that was sold to RJ.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys are jumping all over this thing for really no reason, IMO.

I dont think this diff is a dog turd. It works well at street/autox speeds, and its just not as agressive for track use as I'd hoped. I dont really like working on the car more than I have to, so I figured if I was going to pull the trans out and swap diffs, I didnt want to make this a habit between track weekends, just do it once more and forget about it. The OEM ITR diff, as much as I dont like it, works well enough, but since Tom has offered to rebuild it for me I am going to send the OPM one back and go from there at this point. I wouldnt have bought it in the first place if I thought it sucked, and I have read posts here and elsewhere from people's who's opinion I trust that this thing kicks ***. I really do want this thing to work as well as everyone says it should. Maybe I could even learn how to drive
Old 10-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Paul H22A4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Paul H22A4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What type of diff does this Prelude run? Just curious. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tom Fowler owns OPM.
The Prelude runs an OPM diff. Always has.
This car once held the ITS record at VIR... Fake diff.

[shrug]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OPM LSD