Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

OPM LSD

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats not an insult Nate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe not...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Do you race?
No.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But that was.

Andy - who wonders what Scott thinks of his girlfriend's talent in autocross....

Old 10-03-2005, 06:14 AM
.RJ

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (krshultz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think what we're doing is looking at race results, finding out what the people winning races are using, and using that.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are the EF civics the fastest STS cars, or are the EF civics winning STS because the fastest drivers are in them?

There were a bunch of CRX's winning ITA. If you figured you'd want to win ITA, you'd go buy a CRX right? Well there's a few people that didnt think so, including one of the fast guys (alex) who built a heavier, longer wheelbase Integra instead. And he's winning races. The lemming philosophy only goes so far.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh, here we go with the "have you ever driven yada yada." can you PLEASE argue with me at a technical level? SOP conclusions are as good as SOP engine tuning. using others success and experiences is a lame argument too. i've already said, the OPM _works_. my argument is that there is stuff out there that works better. you countered that if other stuff worked better then all the people using the OPM were apparently rather ignorant. so which are you arguing? that the OPM isn't fake? agreed. that the OPM is the hawtn3ss? disagreed and you've yet to present a valid counter argument.

nate
Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Todd00)

Just a question, I'll keep my mouth shut about the diff and my experiences with company "A"

Are the world challenge Mazdas running that diff because there arn't any other options? Just curious, just asking.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are the EF civics the fastest STS cars, or are the EF civics winning STS because the fastest drivers are in them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The answer is very likely "yes." The fastest drivers in STS are in EF Civics *because* those cars are winning.

It's just like building an ITS car. We've established that ehe E36 BMW is currently the car to have. So yes, the fast guys, and the guys with the most money (who are often the same guy) will find out what's winning, and use that. To some degree it is a self fulfilling prophecy. But at the end of the day, I, as a racer, am going to take a good long look at what the guys beating me are using, and use that.

For me anyway, technical mumbo jumbo and engineer speak doesn't talk to me as loudly as race results.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Honda318dx)

inferring that because i autocross i must not know my chit is insulting. inferring that unless you're a road racer you not really "racing" is insulting. call me sensitive if you want, you make these inferences all the time and it's clear what you mean.

nate
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 AM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's just like building an ITS car. We've established that ehe E36 BMW is currently the car to have. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ITS is a lot more clear cut in that there are far fewer competitive options than STS for autocross.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For me anyway, technical mumbo jumbo and engineer speak doesn't talk to me as loudly as race results.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's fine, but don't argue the technical mumbo jumbo with race results. you look at what the winners use, i look at WHY they use it.

nate
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But at the end of the day, I, as a racer, am going to take a good long look at what the guys beating me are using, and use that.

For me anyway, technical mumbo jumbo and engineer speak doesn't talk to me as loudly as race results.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That philosophy works fine providing two things:
1) You come in second a lot.
2) You're comfortable with being reactionary... so if someone else figures out something is faster, you lose a lot of races until you figure out what it was...
Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Trial User

You guys amaze me with the thin skin about your autocrossing prowess and its level in the pyramid.

No RJ. No Nate. No Andy. I was not insulting autocrossers.
What I was saying was if you've never raced, never raced an IT car, never even DONE the application that we are talking about... Shut up. You DON'T KNOW.
Again... Find the *** whipping wheel to wheel racer that says the diff sucks... We still haven't met him. On the other hand, there are several in this thread that love the damned thing.

If Discover Magazine published an article tomorrow that stated, with data and graphs and pictures, that the sky is actually yellow, what would you do?
Would you look up and say "Well, it must be yellow then."
Or would you look up and say "**** 'em. Its blue."

Scott, who says "**** 'em. Its blue."
Old 10-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I STILL haven't found a front running racer that has used one and declared that he/she doesn't like it

:raises hand:

Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (B18CXr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CXr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">:raises hand:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

During what period was it installed in your car?
How much better were your lap times with a better diff?

Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quite the high traffic thread this has become RJ, well done.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ITS is a lot more clear cut in that there are far fewer competitive options than STS for autocross.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps. But the basic notion remains the same - I look at what the guys winning races are using. I use that.

(Technically I don't use anything, I use whatever Scott uses as I'm driving his car...but we remain in agreement that you find something that is winning races, and use that)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxQ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That philosophy works fine providing two things:
1) You come in second a lot.
2) You're comfortable with being reactionary... so if someone else figures out something is faster, you lose a lot of races until you figure out what it was... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I win a lot. I've won all but one this year.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 AM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Again... Find the *** whipping wheel to wheel racer that says the diff sucks... We still haven't met him. On the other hand, there are several in this thread that love the damned thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're missing the point that nate and others have tried to make.

Those same racers, who are kicking *** with the OPM diff - have they tried a Kaaz or ATS and what were the results (both subjective and objective) ?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re:

:: popcorn ::
Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're missing the point that nate and others have tried to make.

Those same racers, who are kicking *** with the OPM diff - have they tried a Kaaz or ATS and what were the results (both subjective and objective) ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No I'm not RJ.
Have these guys (nate, etc) used the OPM diff? Have they raced on it?
Or do they look at the construction and declare that its 2nd rate based on their vast technical knowlege? This in spite of the results obviously being there.

And I'm still waiting in Jack to tell us when the OPM diff was in his car and how much slower it made him... Maybe he's checking his vast W2W racing records. Must be in a big folder somewhere in the back of his office.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And I'm still waiting in Jack to tell us when the OPM diff was in his car and how much slower it made him... Maybe he's checking his vast W2W racing records. Must be in a big folder somewhere in the back of his office.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahhh.. nice to know your bigotry isn't solely contained for autoxers...

Old 10-03-2005, 06:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...And I'm still waiting in Jack... </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, this really has turned into a soap opera!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

scott, if you look at two cages and see how they're built, can you determine which should be safer? do you need to crash both to find out?

if you look at two engine dyno plots of the same type engine on the same dyno etc. and see the power curve, can you tell which motor should be faster in your car? do you need to drive both to find out?

nate
Old 10-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Trial User

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (solo-x)

Hey Andy,
Jack raced exactly one year and didn't use the OPM diff. But he raised his hand.
And I'm the bigot.
******* brilliant.

I'm done.

You guys have fun.
As Adam mentioned, I'll just go pump my ego because of all these races I'm winning on inferior equipment. I ******' RULE!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
.RJ

Old 10-03-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (solo-x)

Race results are actually real data.

I would guess that a winning driver, in a very competative race class, that has spent a lot of money prepaing the car, would have tried several different parts/setups in order to obtain even the slightest advantage.

JMH $.02
Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS: OPM LSD for GSR ITR LS (Johnny Tran)

Jack drove my car in an enduro, in the wet and dry.

Jack and Warren both said "man, you need a diff"

My reply " I thought I had one"

Which confirmed everything I believe since day 1 of owning it, it didn't work. I didn't believe it though because of everyone saying how well it worked, I mean, everyone SAID it would work, It does have to work, right? Its the same brainwash mentality that is in many defendents heads of this product as well.

I have won races with the OPM and stock diff. I have won before in my open diff accord as well.. I have driven ITR's and am shocked at how well the diff works, but I shouldn't be right, I apparently have a great one in my car..
Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

SWEET! I am only one rung from the TOP of the pyramid.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

All of this while the professional DEers and autocrossers here on Honda Tech are plainly explaining to them that their equipment is crap.

What a bunch of morons.
When will they ever learn?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

this thread rocks. lol.

i thought the only professional DEer was ghettoracer... putting him on same level as autocrossers might **** off people.

Quick Reply: OPM LSD