Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

OPM LSD

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HERE IS HOW IT WORKS! (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That would be like Nate coming in and posting that EBC brakes pads are the shizzzzzle dizzzzle and they'll hold up to all the abuse you can throw at them - which is far different than what he said. He never said this diff didnt or couldnt work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nevermind.
Thats not even remotely my point.

Here's a little game someone can play if they are bored. Go back through all 13 pages of this thread and count how many times an OPM diff "dissenter" said something like "You guys say its the best diff you can buy."
Now go back and see how many times somebody actually said that.

You can start with Nate, right here on friggin page 13...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solo-x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
people were making it sound like the OPM diff was the best option available. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Now look at the previous 12 pages and count how many times somebody said that the OPM was the best option. Just for giggles, count how many times Alex, me, even Tom himself said that they *aren't* saying OPM is the best diff out there.
Really. Do it. Its fun.

Some of you guys wonder why folks like me, Karl, ALex and Adam get so wound up over some of this stuff. Well, if you look closely and filter out all the crap, you'll see alot of this...

"I prefer the OPM, it works."
"Its a glorified PG, and stop saying its the best diff out there."
"I never said that. I said it works and I like it."
"It can't work, and the only reason I'm arguing with you is because you keep saying its the best diff out there."
"I never said that."
"Damn you, It is NOT the best option out there. Its not a real clutch pack."
"I never said that."

On and on and on.

Yes, its frustrating RJ.
Its even frustrated Alex, who never gets frustrated. Its pissed Karl off to the point that he's being mean, and Karl is never (OK, rarely... publicly) mean.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 AM
.RJ

Default Re: HERE IS HOW IT WORKS! (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some of you guys wonder why folks like me, Karl, ALex and Adam get so wound up over some of this stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I really do. You guys arent even building, selling, making any $$ off this or representing OPM at all. Why get all bent out of shape about it? You're happy with it in your racecar and winning races.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: HERE IS HOW IT WORKS! (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Here's a little game someone can play if they are bored. Go back through all 13 pages of this thread and count how many times an OPM diff "dissenter" said something like "You guys say its the best diff you can buy."
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not THAT bored...besides, it was hard enough reading through it the first time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I really do. You guys arent even building, selling, making any $$ off this or representing OPM at all. Why get all bent out of shape about it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

*This is not directed at anyone in particular* The way I see it, OPM is kind of a "cottage" industry. They are small and cater to a niche market. They have a somewhat limited product offering compared to some larger companies. Word of mouth can greatly help or hurt their business. Catch, Alex, Karl, and eveybody else that has had a good experience with OPM stuff realizes the importance of this and is quick to "defend the honor" of the company that they are happy with.

They are using a product that has helped them (it is a whole package...not just the lsd) win races. When somebody states that their LSD is inferior "by design" do you blame them for coming to arms about it? They ARE winning with it.

I am a mechanical engineer. One thing that I have learned in my career, is that unless you are building rockets, if you over-analyze every detail of a project you will a) overlook something of more significance that will lead to ultimate failure and b) you will never finsh the project. I have seen many over-analyzers around me fail simply because of that. I think that in this case we are over-analyzing a bit over LSDs. For the level of racing that anyone here is or plans to do, it is not going to matter which LSD you go with (except at PG... ). If you think that you can build a better mousetrap with brand Y...then by all means get to it. Go out there and kick the **** out of they guys running brand X.

Modified by RexRacer19 at 1:07 PM 10/21/2005
Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 AM
New User

this thread needs to lighten up a bit, so I've prepared a summary of it here
Old 10-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Chris Sawatsky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris Sawatsky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this thread needs to lighten up a bit, so I've prepared a summary of it here</TD></TR></TABLE>

HA!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Honda318dx)

You left out Karl's cat.
It has an extensive vocabulary. Mostly consisting of "meow," "meow," "meow," and sometimes even "meow."
Old 10-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Catch 22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Catch 22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You left out Karl's cat.
It has an extensive vocabulary. Mostly consisting of "meow," "meow," "meow," and sometimes even "meow."</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what Your Mom says when she's not busy licking herself.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (WRXRacer111)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WRXRacer111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's what Your Mom says when she's not busy licking herself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep.
Its also what she says when her poo gets stuck to her foot.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Catch 22)

Did you sell this yet?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: (Chris F)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you sell this yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>
no, but he is at Laguna Seca for the weekend