Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 04:10 PM
.RJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (baonest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by baonest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my title is bigger than yours</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it is
Old 04-15-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Re: (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
"standalone ketchup management system"</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're killing me .RJ
Old 04-15-2003, 04:31 PM
.RJ

Default Re: (Geratol)

"And if i win.... i take all your bugers... and the respect!"
Old 04-15-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Geratol)

i havent had mcdonalds in over a year, actually sounds good. i jsut got insipred, i will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Wrong-Way Wang

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Geratol)

As much as this sport costs, you better believe I eat my fair share from the dollar menu.

In fact, I chowed down 3 double cheeseburgers last night at SGT's shop.

Warren
Old 04-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Warren)

dont flame me cuz i'm a n00b, but whats the difference between ketchup and catsup? i dont have time to get ketchup before my next track event, so will catsup hold up? i'll definitely pick up like 5 bottles of ketchup before the next quart-R-fest... oh yeah, and should i get 4-1 fries, or 4-2-1 fries?

-brian
Old 04-15-2003, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Warren)

I started out with a Jr Whopper, 'cause they're cheap enough for me to afford. Right off the bat I hooked it up with some extra stiff onions. They can handle the staggered pickles I like to use. Not bad. But it could be better.

I started to take the extra crap out. It would have been easier to get what I wanted right from the start, but the satisfaction of doing it myself was there.
Then a few custom touches. Salt and Pepper. Wow these really do make a difference. And I put it on myself.

Now I wipe the bigger burgers right off the menu!
Old 04-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Eee Pee)

So would any of you consider building your own burger vs. buying one already prepped?
Old 04-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (phat-S)

wh1tecastle 0wnz!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Maengelito)

wh1tecastle 0wnz!
---------------------
Ooohhhhh, the Slider Treatment; makes innards and bottom end slipperier than Slick 50, and definitely increases torque output and rocket power.

Old 04-15-2003, 05:24 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phat-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So would any of you consider building your own burger vs. buying one already prepped? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean BK vs. Roy Rogers "fixinz bar"???
Old 04-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (JeffS)

But you really should start off eating your burgers by yourself, it will make you a much better burger eater when you do it in the presence of others...... speeds up the learning curve.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Vracer111)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vracer111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm just wondering...When you have a burger that came with sesame seeds (and most do) and most all fall off cause you touched the burger are you automatically bumped up into ST-B class? Or do you have to glue every single sesame seed back on to stay in stock class? Is there a way where you could just sweep up all the sesame seeds, put them inside the hamburger, and still run in stock class? On the other end of the spectrum, what's with those crazy M-B class people who take a quarter pounder without any fixn's, remove the buns and slap on some thick and soft buttermilk biscuits - but not before bathing the meat in Worstcheshire sauce along with a few shots of Tabasco. I mean that's unreal!</TD></TR></TABLE>

My understanding from the GBR is that if it doesn't say you can remove it, you cannot. So yes, you have to retain the seeds and unfortunately you must retain the stock mount points so no placing them inside the bun as it changes the CG (and I agree its a foolish rule). This is why no one runs BK Whopper Jrs in C-Stock Burger any more.

Now can someone PLEASE explain to me why McD's, BK, Hardees et al can ALL run in Street Bun and Wendy's can't? I eat Wendy's burgers and cannot switch now and I get killed in A-Bun Prepared cause of the no-cheese and because of some dopes in Kansas think a square patty has too much competition potential, it cannot run in SB. This just makes no sense (and I know, I should have thought about competetiveness before I ever bought the burger).
Old 04-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wendy's burgers would have WAY too much of a competitive advantage.... square patties ya know!!!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phat-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now can someone PLEASE explain to me why McD's, BK, Hardees et al can ALL run in Street Bun and Wendy's can't).</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yellow colored smooth top bun. It's deep man. Besides the Jr Bacon Cheeseburg will take them all out! How can they afford the bacon on such a limited budget?
Old 04-15-2003, 05:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"whatchu got under the bun of that burger?"

"oh you're gonna make me find out for myself"

"standalone ketchup management system. Not a bad way to spend 65 cents"</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO!
How about more scenes from "The Fries and the McFlurries":

"you've got enough ketchup on that burger to blow the sesame seeds right off the bun!"
"...you weren't double-fistin' like you should and burned the onion rings clean off"
Old 04-15-2003, 05:51 PM

Default Re: (archmanrsx3)

I'm waiting for someone to use the phrases "forced induction," "slip angle," "Hoosier" and "chunking" in this context.
-Adam
Old 04-15-2003, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"Some fool's running a Mcdonalds fillet o fish. I'll win, and that way, when my dad gets out of prison, him and I can dine together."

"I'll bet 4 char broiled patties will fetch a premium 3 days before the glutton bowl, eh?"

"Same description. Three identical Whoppers, with Mashimoto ZX pickles, precision eating. Yep, it was the same guys."
Old 04-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't post here much, so don't flamebroil me.

I was inspired by the cafteria stories to get my own burger. I thought of going with the White Castle, but then I remember that you can get a cheeseburger for...39 cents...at McDonalds...baby. Is there a big difference between the quality of 2 McD cheesebrugers vs. a whole box of Microwave-spec WC's?

Also, is the Whopper really a good deal? Someone noted that the burn marks are just for show. What's that sh*t about? Couldn't I just get a cb from MCD, add burn marks with my soldering iron, add my own sesame seeds in the bun, and take what's left of last night's ceasar salad and make my own Whopper? I could straight put my own cheese on it, too. I'm thinking exotic, like swiss or cheddar.

I'm trying to avoid a Jumbo Jack. Everyone and their mom eats JJ's.

I dunno if you guys on the east coast have In-'n-Out, but that's one way I might go, too.

Too many f*cking choices. Sometimes makes me just wanna get outta the game to grab a Taco Supreme at T-Bell.

Old 04-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (mityVR6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mityVR6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm waiting for someone to use the phrases "forced induction," "slip angle," "Hoosier" and "chunking" in this context.
-Adam</TD></TR></TABLE>

All applies to White Castle (or Krystals down south). The Redline MTL of fast foods.

And as usual you guys have it all wrong. Its not about adding pickles and onions and such, its all about weight management. If the rules allow just meat and bun, then go with just meat and bun. You don't really need all that exztra shizzle when you got a stripped down burger and no added weight to lug around.
Fries... skip 'em. Too little performance added for the cost.
Now a shake on the other hand... b00st Baby.

Adam, the Big Mac does in fact go directly to A Mod mostly due to the special sauce. I have no clue why the know-it-alls in Kansas think the square patty has any chance at all against 2 patties, 3 buns, and special sauce. Absolutely Ludicrous. Likely more inside politics.

Maybe us Wendy's guys should get together and start a "Spec Wendys" or "IT Square" class?
Old 04-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Never before seen images of the ECBC! Here, you can see the VA and NC boyZ working over that burger-R. Results from the event will be released shortly.

The key to sucess in the ECBC is proper hydration.

Old 04-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (johng)

Be careful, soon you will see the big American Burgers start complaining about chew rates and tooth structure/diameter in an attempt to make the eating more "competitive"
Old 04-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gettin a custom toasted buns done at local race shop. when there done, theyll be to echc(east coast hamburger challange) specs for rollover protection. h1 hear i come!!
Old 04-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (RacerBowie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RacerBowie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wendy's burgers would have WAY too much of a competitive advantage.... square patties ya know!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Raiiight sure. Dude, we did the numbers when we built the burger for the hillclimb in 99 and the square patty didn't remotely compare calorie to weight ratio to any other A Bun Stock burgers. This is exactly why we went with the Cookout powerplant for the Bun Mod burger.

Scott, you know how I feel about the Big Mac in A Mod What I don't get is why they classed the E6dollar Hardees chassis in B Stock - who came up with those minimum condiments??? Man if that's not a class killer I don't know what is! Now I hear that they are classing the 16 pickle Penelopes burger in B Stock .... hrmmm, do I hear competition adjustments? Methinks they are trying to fix B Stock by putting in another class killer.

If they would just publish the formulas for classing of Condiment to Calorie to Weight ratios
Old 04-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus Christ, I've starred in this movie before. For those who don't know...

Building your own burger SUCKS. You'll have to come up with the buns first of all, and they need to be straight ones - not crushed and not real old. Then you have to find the patty, or (God help you if you're in a class that requires this) patties. So you've got the basic burger.

Now what? Now it's time to go and test all the condiments you like or don't like. Try the pickles - that'll cost you x dollars. But if you don't like them, it's hard to sell a set of already-half-eaten pickles. Don't get me started on mustard.

And don't forget that if you're going to do it *right* you'll buy a Weber grille and cook them on it, outside...hopefully in the cold and the rain.

It's far easier, and far less expensive, to just get a burger that's been already made. This way, if you like extra onions, you can just add them to the pre-existing burger. Trust me on this one. I've been making burgers for several years now, they always taste like chit, and they always cost me a lot of money.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?