Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 05:18 AM
r2x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (TEXASLS95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEXASLS95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, I thought I was getting the real deal. I ended up with a soy burger knock-off. Damn you EBAY!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any video of this so we can all learn something? I'd hate to buy a soy burger knock-off because I hadn't had the experience of seeing the video.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (r2x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r2x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have any video of this so we can all learn something? I'd hate to buy a soy burger knock-off because I hadn't had the experience of seeing the video.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROTFLMAO!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bastard. The lunchbox has a busted *** transmission input shaft seal. Come fix it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your car doesn't deserve my craftsmanship!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mityVR6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mityVR6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm waiting for someone to use the phrases "forced induction," "slip angle," "Hoosier" and "chunking" in this context.
-Adam</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pfff... that's easy.

"Forced induction" as you say it actually is properly known as 'forced ingestion' to those who know. Forced ingestion is usually illegal in most racing series since it actually allows you to eat a burger faster than you actually can on your own. I think the main reason forced ingestion isn't legal in most race classes is because it's dangerous if not properly implemented - imagine getting the timing off and possible getting half a burger rammed down your throught! Not pretty...

"Slip angle" - everybody knows about this. You know when you're eating the hamburger and the meat starts pushing out the bun while the sauce and other items run down your chin? And when you're nearly done eating but there is not enough bun left to handle the patty(ies). Then you my friend have experienced 'slip angle'...mostly affects highly condimented burgers - best thing to do to keep the slip angle in check is to go with just stock bun and stock meat pattie and nothing else. Pickles plus ketchup and mustard is just a severe slip anlge waiting to happen - add some 'secret sauce' and you better have a good grip on that burger!

I believe the term 'Hoosier' refer's to those northern folks who are crazy McMuffin action addicts...a totally different sport.

"Chunking" occurs when your aren't carefull when handling the bun. Often your fingers will push in the bun when trying to manouver the burger around while eating eating if you aren't careful. And if you reposition your fingers often then you just weaken the whole bun and some chunking occurs. Chunking also usually occurs near the bite zones too. Chunking is easy to spot - just look for pieces of bun that are missing.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vracer111)

All this time, I thought "chunking" was the result of too much forced ingestion.
Man, I have a lot to learn. Thanks Honda-Tech!
Old 04-16-2003, 06:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r2x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you have any video of this so we can all learn something? I'd hate to buy a soy burger knock-off because I hadn't had the experience of seeing the video.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whatever you do, don't take your burger out to the Playland area.... I'd hate to see you knock a few toppings off after carelessly scrapping the enclosure.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:14 AM
r2x

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Apocalypse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Whatever you do, don't take your burger out to the Playland area.... I'd hate to see you knock a few toppings off after carelessly scrapping the enclosure. </TD></TR></TABLE>\

You see, that's EXACTLY why we all need to see a video!
Old 04-16-2003, 06:16 AM

Here's an instructional How-To:

Old 04-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Apocalypse)

Peter Pepper(the little guy above) rocks. Back in '82 it was all about the burgers... By '84 though, the happymeal stunna's had gotten into the burger scene... he still liked burgers, but was embarassed to be seen with one anymore. He decided it was time to leave the burgers to the kids and he opened up an icecream shop.

Old 04-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (JustChou)

yo has anyone tried to put an ATS diff in their burger? i put one in and it's really loud, but it grabs super hard... mmm carbon burger diff
oh yeah, does anyone have sparco seeds on their buns? i was trying to get custom rails for my seeds, i found this company festive garage that has them... they're really cool
"www.dgtrials.com burger shop"
Old 04-16-2003, 07:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's an instructional How-To:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you get that off of BURGERDATA.COM? Thanks, some of us need the correct diagram.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's an instructional How-To:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Holy ****!!!! Burgertime! I LOVED that game!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:57 AM
New User

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (speedracer33)

I was gonna help you guys with this bun thing, but I just got out bid on e-bay on a Rockwell McDonald hardness tester. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (obd1canobie)

You guys may be all about rotating your burgers in circles over and over again... but I am all about the straight line eating!

It is all about the calories... I just developed a 1000 calorie bacon cheese burger that will woop up on you. That is 1000 calories to the stomach! None of this at the mouth calorie stuff. I will not be elaborating on the 500 cal. wet shot of ranch sauce either, Top secret!

I just got the new poppy seed buns to put the calories down, hopefully I will not blow my volasic pickle coupling with all these calories but who knows... The iceberg lettuce should be able to take the abuse.

-nate (who thinks this thread is too funny )
Old 04-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (RacerBowie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RacerBowie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right dude. you are just pissed that your underprepared burger is outclassed by the national level burgers. If you would put the work and onions needed on your square patty and ballast it up to minimum weight (in 1/4 lb increments, in front of the passenger side lettuce) then you wouldn't have anything to bitch about!

You should start an eating series for your own brand of burgers only, with a no bun-to-bun contact rule, and its own group. Karl can tell you how much fun you can have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, not exactly pissed about that, just want to know why the burger in my bag can't be made competetive. I mean I know the E$6 chassis burger is the best in class and yes I did know that before going down the square patty road but dude, what were they thinking on classing the square patty? I just want to run the burger I have in my bag and I don't see why they can't make it more competetive - its just stoopid politics IMO. I think the guys in Topeka just don't like Wendys and they just want to screw us b/c of the dominance in the baked potato classes - this is just payback plain and simple (and its unfair).
Old 04-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (phat-S)

Whine, whine, whine.

If you don't like the burger rules as they are written, go eat somewhere else.

You probably run illegal fries anyway, and would get busted at the championships. Don't forget, you have to run a stock drink cup in its original location to be legal.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (RacerBowie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RacerBowie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you don't like the burger rules as they are written, go eat somewhere else.

You probably run illegal fries anyway, and would get busted at the championships. Don't forget, you have to run a stock drink cup in its original location to be legal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's all you guys ever say, go run somewhere else. Hey, I am not saying that they should throw the E$6 chassis out, but I do wish I could simply be competetive with what's in my bag. Besides, what happens when we run out of usable burgers and the new wave or Showburger Stock B Wrappers and Showburger Stock C Chicken Filets are outdated for SS rules, are they to run with another series because there is no home for them here? And don't even get me started on Production classes.

GBR Section 17.b.5a. "Original Fries must be retained in all classes including packaging. Grease may be removed. Salt may be removed. Sugar may be removed."

But .... Mr Bowie ....

From Sportsburger April, 2001
Fastburger Section 17.b.5a.iii. "Home and Waffle fries may be substituted where supplied as an OEM option code."

So before we walk around accusatory and all, might I ask you if YOU have put your straw back in the cup lid bay entirely? I know we Wendy's guys have ...
Old 04-16-2003, 10:13 AM
rpr

Hey, I have an old-school McDonalds McRib. Now, I know, you may say buy a newer McRib, there is way more aftermarket support. But, I'm stubborn, I'm going to stick with the old girl. So here is a question: should I stick with the SOHB, or go for the DOHB swap? I can get almost all the parts I need from the Big Mac, but I would probably need some Filet-o-Fish parts to truly do it right. Oh, and being that it is a McRib, I would have to convert to the all beef pattie, I've heard that is a pretty scary swap, but again, I have most of the parts I need from the Big Mac. HELP!
Old 04-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (phat-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phat-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

From Sportsburger April, 2001
Fastburger Section 17.b.5a.iii. "Home and Waffle fries may be substituted where supplied as an OEM option code."

So before we walk around accusatory and all, might I ask you if YOU have put your straw back in the cup lid bay entirely? I know we Wendy's guys have ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

But then what am I supposed to do if the straw is no longer readily available. I mean, some of these straws are very particular to the application. I feel quite sure I would be upheld in the value meal protest, as the straw was not a necessary performance part.

You people better watch out bringing your JDM waffle fries into this....we all know that Wendys never had waffle fries in the USDM, and that is what the rule book is based on. Sure your burger can have any internals, but they have to fit without modifying the casing, which is not possible with waffle fries, duh!

edit to correct fast-food brand (or in phatty's case, slow-food!!! WHOOOOO!!!!)
Old 04-16-2003, 11:30 AM

Anybody remember Burger Chef? They put their kid's meal in little plastic race cars for years. Now that was a sports burger. Factory ground effects and wing even. No one even comes close today. Man I miss the good old days.

:edit: added pictures.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You mean BK vs. Roy Rogers "fixinz bar"???</TD></TR></TABLE>

must be BK since roy rogers are hard to find anymore. i only take mine out for a drive on sunny summer weekends with the mrs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno if you guys on the east coast have In-'n-Out, but that's one way I might go, too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

naw. there aren't enough hills here in the midwest to justify owning a 4x4
Old 04-16-2003, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (lanceh)

Hi, I just bought my first McD burger w/ home-cut pickles/onions/tomato/cheese. How is this going to taste? I'm scared of eating it wrong and messing something up. I was going to add sauce but I don't want to lose the taste. Should I leave the patty in there? How should I place the bun? thanks in advance!

BEST THREAD EVER!
trying to hold my laughter in at the library and people are staring..
Old 04-16-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (sNoOziN' EF8)

I just found a McD hamburger that the kid didn't eat and it slid under the seat.

Is there a Vintage series?????
Old 04-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Buzz Kill)

Just testing the waters...
How much can I get for my 3 year old McD's hamburger?

I swapped in some JDM meat and lightweight buns and change the SuperRed Ketchup and synthetic mustard every time I rotated the onions.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Chris N)

Do you all realize that in one day this thread has already had almost half as many views as the FAQ sticky?!? LOL!

Matt

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?