Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (phat-S)

i dunno dude. theres a few people runnin lightly modded white castle burgers here and they do very well in street burger classes. and we have some nat'l level eaters in our reigon.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like they need a whole new class above A Mod for the big high dollar burgers like the 6 dollar and 16 Pickle. If they keep letting in burgers like that, we small budget limited operations won't stand a chance.

Next thing you know they'll open it up to the Johnny Rockets line of burgers. Then we're all fooked. We'll be dropping dimes at Applebees just to run top 5.

Comp Adjustments? What a joke man.
Theres only so much cheese and sauce you can reasonably add to a J.R. Tillamook CheddarBurger and its still going to kick my poor little Wendy's square meat ***.
Not to mention that if some hotshoe does well with a Wendy's burger in a region with weak competition Topeka will be adding condiments to me!!!
Damn man, I've already got the Big Macs dominating in my region. I can't deal with them making me run 3 extra pickles, or even worse, restricting my cheese.
<shudder>
Old 04-15-2003, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Catch 22)

I just blew and onion ring.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (krshultz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krshultz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trust me on this one. I've been making burgers for several years now, they always taste like chit, and they always cost me a lot of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know about building, but I got a guy who maintains my burger on the side. He actually is factory trained by, and works for McDonalds...

I get this guy to do all my fabricating for half of what McDonalds charges (suckers!) and I get parts for half-off. Even with the three minute drive, it's worth it!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Catch 22)

Ok, ok, ok, what about the five dollar shake from Jackrabbit Slims? Does A-prepared burger allow the usage of a liquid to tounge mouth cooler, or is it limited to an air to tounge cooler?

Can I get a black box to wire in so my throat doesn't see forced induction? I keep hitting the gag-limiter, and it's really keeping me from a smooth running burgercharger.

Best thread evah!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:41 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (ajn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ajn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just blew and onion ring.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AJ is that Justin Timberlake or a Icy Hot Stunna in your avatar?

If it is you lose all plastic welder joke priveleges.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:44 PM
New User

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (JustChou)

Also don't forget not to go over board with your burgers... You'll never really be able to push yourself and eat all out if you have a nice and expensive burger, in fear of loosing it. Good advice is to munch on a burger that if it happens to fall our of your hands and end up on the ground (knock on wood), it won't cost you an arm and a leg to acquire another bun tub and transfer over as many of the goodies from the old burger that are still clean.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Re: (killingtime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killingtime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Be careful, soon you will see the big American Burgers start complaining about chew rates and tooth structure/diameter in an attempt to make the eating more "competitive"</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've been wondering about this? do you think jdm chew rates are better than usdm chew rates?
Old 04-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (usuck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usuck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i've been wondering about this? do you think jdm chew rates are better than usdm chew rates?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, this depends. If you're going to be doing a lot of competition, then I'd say that the JDM chew rates are worth the xtra money. However, if you're going to be doing a lot of daily eating, the USDM chew rates will give you better efficiency for long, sustained chewing.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:02 PM
New User

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (.RJ)

Also, I think we need a spec bun rule, as the guys running on those more expen$$ive and soft buns out there are having too much of an advantage IMO... If we would all just run on something like a wheat bun that is harder and more filling, we wouldn't be going through them as often. Definitely would save us some money. And remember that it's strongly advised to shave your buns and heat cycle them briefly in a toaster before use. They'll be much more durable this way and won't chunk as much. Good luck guys.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully I can answer some of the more technical questions about burgrers. I have been working with different types of meat products for the past several years, I even trained for two years so I could create some of the best patties, buns, and condiments.
Let me tell you there is just no compariuson between the off the shelf burgers you find in the fast food places, and what can be done if you have enough money. I can make a burger for you that will make a big mac look like a fiat to my ferrari. My methods may seem strange at first but once you have had a veal and crab burger, you will see just how strong the BBCP(big burger crack pipe) can be.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (smokin rubber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smokin rubber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">veal and crab burger </TD></TR></TABLE>

That sounds like something that needs ointment and a shot of antibiotics.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (Hracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, I think we need a spec bun rule</TD></TR></TABLE>

If we go to a spec bun, what will be the trickle down grease effects to me? Will i get lower cholesterol rates? Higher fiber intake? What is the rule for burger to burger contact? I don;t want to get punted by some spec cheeseburger.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (JustChou)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JustChou &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, ok, ok, what about the five dollar shake from Jackrabbit Slims? Does A-prepared burger allow the usage of a liquid to tounge mouth cooler, or is it limited to an air to tounge cooler?

Can I get a black box to wire in so my throat doesn't see forced induction? I keep hitting the gag-limiter, and it's really keeping me from a smooth running burgercharger.

Best thread evah!</TD></TR></TABLE>

c'mon. u should know that shakes are illegal in all forms of racing we discuss on this board. go over to the friday night burger joint forum for that. u watch too much fast and hungry.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (SOLOef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLOef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u watch too much fast and hungry.</TD></TR></TABLE>
After "smoke weed everyday!" y0!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (krshultz)

I'm about to buy my first burger. I have definitely decided I will save money going to the restaurant to pick one up rather than starting by buying the cow and a meat grinder.

The dilemma -- should I buy a simple, basic, fresh burger, or the giant one with all the fixins that has already been eaten a few times? I hear it still tastes really, really good, once you can get over how it looks.

A few of you know what I'm talking about, and you say the latter is the way to go...

Mike
Old 04-15-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (.RJ)

That's me y0...Werd LifE! Plastic welder priveleges are still intact. Then again, you can always make fun of my flower boxes.

ps: John Cena from WWE Smackdown.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (ITACivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITACivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If we go to a spec bun, what will be the trickle down grease effects to me? Will i get lower cholesterol rates? Higher fiber intake? What is the rule for burger to burger contact? I don;t want to get punted by some spec cheeseburger.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!

Would we get a pricing discount from the manufacturer for running their buns?
Old 04-15-2003, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (johng)

Is it true you can only run FDA approved buns in the Street Burger class or can I run full blown kaiser rolls?
Old 04-16-2003, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Right dude. you are just pissed that your underprepared burger is outclassed by the national level burgers. If you would put the work and onions needed on your square patty and ballast it up to minimum weight (in 1/4 lb increments, in front of the passenger side lettuce) then you wouldn't have anything to bitch about!

You should start an eating series for your own brand of burgers only, with a no bun-to-bun contact rule, and its own group. Karl can tell you how much fun you can have.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (whitney)

Whitney, you just have to be careful when you buy someone else's pre-eaten burger...... you need to do a thorough inspection to make sure that no low-quality condiments were used, no illegal bun-lightening has taken place, etc. Also, previous bun-to-bun damage is not always repaired well, sometime people just slop extra mustard on and try to cover it up.

Some people even build illegal, high compression burgers and try to sneak them by as stock. (did i ever tell you about the guy who showed up at the BurgerII nationals one year with a forged letter from McDonalds? He wasn't allowed to eat burgers for YEARS!!!!)

At least you are going the smart road and buy someone else's burger. I built my own and I am still searching for the quickest eat-times i think it can do, it is just that damn Big Kahuna burger SX that comes out for the national championship that none of our properly classed burgers can compete with!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by usuck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i've been wondering about this? do you think jdm chew rates are better than usdm chew rates?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, of course the JDM chew rates are faster, but they don't have the bite pressure of the larger USDM units. Dyno charts show that JDM cycles faster, but with a lot less bite under the curve.

This isn't a problem with your basic Krystals or White Castles, but when you get into the bigger class burgers, especially with multiple patties or bacon, the low JDM bite pressure really tends to bog you down.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (whitney)

Man, I thought I was getting the real deal. I ended up with a soy burger knock-off. Damn you EBAY!!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 04:35 AM
.RJ

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (ajn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ajn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's me y0...Werd LifE! Plastic welder priveleges are still intact. Then again, you can always make fun of my flower boxes.

ps: John Cena from WWE Smackdown.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bastard. The lunchbox has a busted *** transmission input shaft seal. Come fix it
Old 04-16-2003, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger? (TEXASLS95)

I've found that making your own burger is not only cheaper, often the quality can be better also. Once I learned how to handle the large and unweildy homemade burgers I spent to money to upgrade to the streamlined McDonald's burgers.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know where I can buy a McDonalds hamburger?