Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Building a racecar is expensive. But you should do it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Building a racecar is expensive. But you should do it.

What a great track for lower power/light cars. I love the series of sweepers. It looks like turn 4/5 is critical. He was going to have his battles with the blue/orange miata and made a monster run out of 5 through the pack of Miatas and then checked out. That was great and totally disposed of the blue/orange Miata in that move.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i almost bought that guys integra!!

so i suppose for regional type racing..using the money for seat time may be the best mod after corner balancing
Old 02-24-2018, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sjg88
i almost bought that guys integra!!

so i suppose for regional type racing..using the money for seat time may be the best mod after corner balancing
yes. And when you say seat time, Actually racing. Being fast in traffic and managing traffic with race craft is nothing like TT or DE. You have to use all kinds of “lines” and read situations before they occur. Especially when you have multi class racing.

If your new to racing, chumpcar or WRL is a great place to get that seat time. At a good event you will have 100 cars with varying ability and speed.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$16k does not seem bad to build a car, if only people realized that even a fairly simple/solid build is not cheap.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it ok to to run an aggressive front pad and fully metallic, but otherwise "standard" (I'm talking like Centric brand from RockAuto) rear pad on aggressive street tires (~300 TW) for daily driving, autocross (~8 events per year) and occasional track use (2-3 events per year)? I just always read that it's bad to mix pad compounds front to rear but I guess it's different for a FWD car. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexEight
Is it ok to to run an aggressive front pad and fully metallic, but otherwise "standard" (I'm talking like Centric brand from RockAuto) rear pad on aggressive street tires (~300 TW) for daily driving, autocross (~8 events per year) and occasional track use (2-3 events per year)? I just always read that it's bad to mix pad compounds front to rear but I guess it's different for a FWD car. Thanks in advance!
If you are using < 200 treadwear tyres (BFG Rival S, Bridgestone RE71, Direzza Star Specs, etc), using a significantly more aggressive front pad and will help you on the track or an auto-x course. Some mid-2000's ABS computers are very sensitive to changes in brake compound or tyre size (e.g. the ones Nissan put on the 350Z), but most Honda electronic braking systems tend to be fine with this kind of thing. You might not notice as much of a difference with ~300 treadwear summer tyres though. The difference between those and the current generation of 200 treadwear autocross specials is night and day.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Prelude looks pretty nice!!

Just one comment, you can get on track and be somewhat competitive for a bit less money, depending on class and where you are racing but to run at the front in a big field, this is the ball park you will probably need to be in..