Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Type R in a 95 GSR vtec help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type R in a 95 GSR vtec help

Apparently this is the section I have to post this in so I'll try a third time...

I'll try and give enough relevant info hopefully...

The car is a 95 GSR (OBD1). It has a type r engine with a skunk2 valve train and crower stage 2 cams.

I seem to be having an issue with vtec engagement, I was running a GSR ECU with the engagement set at a stock 4500. You could hear the switchover but it was very 'tame' for the lack of a better word. I had a spare p28 ECU chipped with just a type r base map which got rid of my CEL and cured some drivability issues I was having, however now I cannot determine whether vtec is comming on at all. I'd figure with the more aggressive cams it should be pretty noticable as I had a 99 Si with a B16 with a CTR intake cam and the thing just friggen howled after it engaged.

Luckily last night I was able to do some testing with another integra, I swapped the vtec solenoids around (Just the top portion) and still no luck, we tried my ECU in his car and his vtec still engaged fine, tried his ecu in my car and still no dice. The guy that tuned it removed the pressure switch from the ECU as the type r engine doesn't have the plug for it (obd2 engines iirc dont have this)

I have eliminated any possible wiring issues by wiring pin 4 on bank a straight to the vtec solenoid, and I'm at a loss now

Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Type R in a 95 GSR vtec help

Any ideas at all with this would be appreciated.