Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing a Swap before install?

Old 10-13-2003, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing a Swap before install?

Do you guys know how to start up a b-series engine up on cherry picker?

My friends have done it in their auto-tech classes, but it was on like old ford engines and stuff which are different.

I know i'd need to run a fuel line to a gas tank, but i'd need to hook up a pump to it also and a car battery. How would i get it to start up without having it wired to an ignition or anything tho. Most likely it would be via messing with the wires on the starter, but does anyone have a how-to up or anything before i go and spend a couple hours trying to do something that might end up futile?

I know many of you would like to try to start up your swaps before buying/putting them in your car to save you any hassles of finding out that it doesnt work when, so what do you do to make sure ur swaps are good?
Old 10-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Testing a Swap before install? (MartyMarGSR)

I thought about doing that before I put my typeR in, but I decided that it was too time consuming to bother...
Just turn the motor over via the crank, to make sure that it isnt seized, then do compression and leakdown tests...
that should tell you if it is any good... aside from any problems that you would still be able to fix with the engine in the car....

oh yeah, one more thing... if you do decide to start it out of the car, at least do it on an engine stand, starting it on a cherry picker would be rather dangerous...