Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stuttering problem after ECU replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuttering problem after ECU replacement

I had a spoon ecu in my car but i was getting 18mpg consistently and the car stank out the tailpipe so i went back to a stock PR3. So, after getting it in the car ran fine but idled weird, which i traced back to a previous throttle body leak, which was there all the time but apparently the spoon ecu did not care about. So i fixed that with a new 99-00 si t-body gasket- idle stablized, problem solved

So after i adjusted the idle so around 750, i took the car for a spin. Low end Felt a little better but i could definitely feel a loss in power after 5k, im guessing due to how rich the spoon ran the car, which is totally stock otherwise. So im cruising around and there is a distinct stutter when i keep the throttle consistently at any rpm range from 3-4k and possible beyond, all it takes is a tap of the throttle to get rid of it and i can continue along. Also, on the freeway on the way back, when i was doing 70 or so, the car would do something weird where i would have the throttle at one position, and it would feel like it would suddenly open a bit more and make the car go a little faster, almost like i touched it a tad to accelerate but i didnt.

The car is a 91 civic std with a jdm b16a, internally/externally stock. PR3 ecu. Any suggesstions? It almost seems like its fuel related but im not sure. The idle is good, its smooth and does not flucuate at all.

Thanks!

-Todd
Old 02-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: stuttering problem after ECU replacement (GymkhanaGTI)

Hasnt magically fixed itself yet, so still looking for suggesstions

-Todd