Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock H2B Dyno Results 216/166

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock H2B Dyno Results 216/166

this thread is @ the following link in the allmotor forum: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2308216

Last edited by NAH2B; 12-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stock H2B Dyno Results 216/166

a quick update: at the end of last season i was making 350whp and ran a best of 10.43 @ 131mph.

I put together some info and pricing for my custom race header and intake manifolds I now offer to the public.

This H2B header is designed specifically for drag racing and top end performance. It is not meant to be used for a daily driver and would NOT be the best option in that application. While it does make great midrange power, the design does NOT allow for ample ground clearance. This header is made completely of 304 stainless steel and utilizes a Burns Stainless collector/megaphone setup. It is a 4to1 2 step design out of the head w/ 1.88" before stepping up to 2" tube. The use of 1.88 tube in the first step allows the exhaust port to be opened up in the cylinder head w/o needing to grind the header to match. The megaphone exit is 3.5" and a reverse cone is added droping the final outlet back down to 3". This header helped me make 350whp and run 10.43 to set the current national record for N/A H series. This header was designed for a 95mm stroke engine but works great on any setup using 90-100mm stroke. All parts are top quality and all welding is done by hand and backpurged for strength. This header carries a 1 year. warranty against defects or failures from material and craftsmanship, meaning if a weld or tube leaks or cracks send it back and it will be repaired free of charge.

Here it is:

The header is also available w/ the cheaper option of a Vibrant collector w/o megaphone or reverse cone which is great for anyone wanting to mate the header to an exhaust system. The Vibrant collector is very similar to the Burns unit aside from the larger outlet since its not intended to be used w/ a megaphone.

Moving on to the 3 different intake options I offer.

Street/Strip- This option is great for anone w/ an H22 weather its in a prelude or in another chassis as a swap. It keeps the original location of the throttlebody under the hood and comes bored for your choice of tb size up to 70mm. The iab plate is removed and replaced w/ a cnc spacer. the upper plenum is reworked and the iac is eliminated. The lower manifold is also reworked and the egr is eliminated. The iab "grid" is completely removed using our in house cnc and the plenum along w/ runners are hand finished. I also portmatch it to your cylinder head by using your intake gasket as a template. I would recommend this option for any setup up to 95mm stroke. I was able to make 340whp @ 9000 rpm using this same lower manifold setup but replacing the upper plenum w/ a custom piece identical to the next option.

Race-This option goes a step further and brings the throttlebody out of the hood and redirects it to face forward to obtain a "ram air' effect which uses the vehicles speed to force air into the engine. I have personally logged psi readings as high as .6 psi using this setup. The custom upper plenum is made from 5052 .090" aluminum and uses .5" cnc plenum and throttlebody flanges. A custom map sensor mount is included and welded to the side of the lower plenum next to the iat mount and a vaccum nipple is also added for the fuel pressure regulator. The throttlebody flange is bored to your choice of size up to 90mm and comes w/ bolt pattern to fit the 86' to 93' ford mustang 5.0 throttlebody which is available from a number of different companies including Accufab, Wilson, Edlebrock etc. I would recommend this option for any setup using between 90-100mm stroke. This is the exact setup that made 340whp @ 9000 rpm which allowed me to run 10.58 @ the last NSCRA event @ MIR before upgrading to my next option.

Pro-This option is a complete custom manifold utilizing shorter length larger diameter runners and a larger plenum over the previous option. It still places the throttlebody in the same exact location above the hood but allows the use of up to a 105mm throttlebody. Im still deciding weather or not to include a custom fuel rail w/ this manifold so pricing is not definate yet. The map and iat mounts are relocated to the underside of the plenum and a vaccum nipple is added on the front side of the plenum. I would recommend this option for any drag only setup using a 100mm stroke or larger. I was able to make 350whp @ 9500 rpm and run 10.43 using this manifold.

Here are pics of the "Race" manifold: (Please dont mind the hand cut plenum flange. The customer wanted the manifold before we finished the cnc program for this flange.)

As you can see from the pics, the stock lower portion of the manifold gets cleaned and glass beaded and the custom upper portion is welded inside and out for added strength. We have tried and tested several different welding techniques and have found what works best to keep these manifolds from cracking even on setups which produce alot of vibration such as my race car w/ solid engine mounts. These manifolds also carry a 1 year material and workmanship warranty covering any leaks or cracks in the material or welds. The Race and Pro options are for off road use only and have not been tested in daily driven applications.

Pricing is as follows:

H2B header ~ 1250. plus shipping. If you choose the cheaper option of having the vibrant collector w/o megaphone or reverse cone the price is reduced 200. so it would be 1050.

Street/Strip manifold ~ 500. plus shipping. This price includes you the customer sending in your stock manifold as a core to be modified. If need be I can locate a core for you at additional cost. The 500. pricetag is not set in stone yet but it will be very close. If you want one today the price is currently 500.

Race manifold ~ 800. plus shipping. This price also includes the customer sending in a core to be modified.

Pro manifold ~ price is being determined but will be in the 1000. to 1300. range. I do have one in stock which i ran on my car for 2 events and will sell today for 1000. including billet fuel rail. i dont have any pics of the complete manifold by itself but will post some soon.

I have 10 years of experience building and racing these H series engines w/ a ton of R&D into these designs. They are all dyno and track proven. I currently hold the National record for H series allmotor street and will go even faster next season. I will continue pushing the limits and finding power because this is what i love to do. I have spent the last 10 years spending $ on doing what i love, now its time to start making some of that $ back using the skill and experience i have gained over the years

Please feel free to pm me w/ any questions you may have about these products, Thank you.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No manifolds that dont exit threw the hood?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read it again