Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

si engine swap into dx chassis

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default si engine swap into dx chassis

Hi all

Am swapping an 89 si engine into an 89 dx civic. Did the wiring changes as outlined in Kenji's article. Now the main realy that controls the fuel pump is chattering whenever I try to start the car ( of course it doesn't start).

Any ideas?

UPDATE:

Kenji and others came up with the solution. I had left off the ground from the main wiring harness to the body of the thermostat. This is the MAIN ground from the ECU so the ECU was not at all pleased with me.

Thanks again!

Ron
Thanks

Ron
ronspencer@nc.rr.com

[Modified by thecaptain, 9:53 PM 7/16/2002]
Old 07-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: si engine swap into dx chassis (thecaptain)

Check to make sure the PGM-FI ground on the engine harness is tightened down on the thermostat housing. Also, check all of the other engine grounds. That should solve your problem.

Good luck.

-kenji
Old 07-16-2002, 12:51 PM

Default Re: si engine swap into dx chassis (kenji)

Indeed that was it! Kind of hidden under the main harness and the oil cooler line I have in. Hooked it up, cranked the engine and off she fired!

One comment on your excellent article on the swap, which I used exclusively. For the injectors you say to hook one of the lines up to the blue wire. If oyu use the round connector off the dx harness there are two blue wires. I believe you want to use the light blue wire.

Other than that it was perfect. Perhaps adding a line about that one ground might be a fine addition.

thanks again for your help on this question and in general for the fine article.

Ron