Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-install AC

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-install AC

I am looking to get a 92 civic si with a f20b motor swap in it. If I was to reinstall AC into the car (it has the lines going to blower in the car and such) what all would I have to re-install? Also where would I get them, and would they be for the 92 civic or the f20b motor car (accord I believe?). Thanks guys, just hoping it won't cost too much :-/
Old 06-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: Re-install AC

what you will need to install depends on what is not there now...

I think you may have two options. one is to use all civic components and buy a special mount bracket to bolt the civic compressor to the F20. see this link

the other possibility is to use an accord bracket and compressor with custom flex lines from the compressor to the rest of the system. I only know about this working in theory. you'll need to do some more research to get the real story.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you know if the bolt to the compressors are all the same? If I can get the components for my civic and bolt it into the accord compressor that would probably be easiest....but I think the no power steering is getting annoying already lol. I was going to look into electrical power steering. I think a Toyota MR2 had this type of setup.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tang87
Do you know if the bolt to the compressors are all the same? If I can get the components for my civic and bolt it into the accord compressor that would probably be easiest....
i would guess they are the same, but to check for yourself go to a site like hondapartsunlimited.com and compare the specifications indicated on each schematic.

Originally Posted by Tang87
but I think the no power steering is getting annoying already lol. I was going to look into electrical power steering. I think a Toyota MR2 had this type of setup.
what's your set up? hoses removed, looped, "de-powered"? the feel is quite different between the three. also your scrub radius (which is effected by non-factory offset wheels) tire pressure, tire width and type of tire can all have a negative effect on steering feel.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondamark35
i would guess they are the same, but to check for yourself go to a site like hondapartsunlimited.com and compare the specifications indicated on each schematic.

what's your set up? hoses removed, looped, "de-powered"? the feel is quite different between the three. also your scrub radius (which is effected by non-factory offset wheels) tire pressure, tire width and type of tire can all have a negative effect on steering feel.
I believe it's just hoses removed. Rims are 17 with 215 45 17 tires on them. Quite big lol. I guess my next question is what's the best of all those?

Last edited by Tang87; 06-18-2014 at 06:31 PM.